Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

De Zerbi is a problem for them unless gets his own way. Fully expect him gone and replaced. If he stays and he doesnt get his say with transfers they find themselves in Rodgers territory.

Bang on. He's been on a major sulk the past few months and they could "do a Leicester" next season!

The benefit Brighton have over where we were two years ago is that their finances have never been better. They can afford to spend this window to strengthen.

The real question is - do they trust de Zerbi to do that? Does he have the eye for a player to improve them?

17 hours ago, rickboi7 said:

I feel like Brighton are going to struggle next season, they’ve been awful recently.. I know injuries have hurt them quite a bit..

Wouldn't shock me if they struggled. Mitoma likely to be sold who was their shining light. Estupinian has been injury hit. Ferguson and Joao Pedro can't stay fit either. 

16 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

The benefit Brighton have over where we were two years ago is that their finances have never been better. They can afford to spend this window to strengthen.

The real question is - do they trust de Zerbi to do that? Does he have the eye for a player to improve them?

True, but i don't think its entirely as simple as that though. Squad players have tasted European football that isn't there anymore which is demotivating. They are lumbered with some average players. Clubs selling to them are getting wiser so the bargains aren't quite what they used to be. There was media talk of KDH going and them being interested in Russel Martin - which all feels very different to how they were operating before.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2024 at 22:15, BillyFOX12 said:

"Just woke up from a snooze. Are we back lads?"

1wa.jpg.ea52e467f00fa1d6f709c13608814256.jpg

I fell into a coma when knocky was about to take a pen against Watford in the playoffs.

Woke up last night to see we had got promoted

Have we just been championship for the last 10 years?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

We're going to struggle on two fronts next year.

Possible points deduction and financial constraints which will lead to a weakened playing squad.

I think survival would be the biggest priority here. 

I think the biggest issue, is that even though the majority of us understand this, enzo doesn’t quite seem to have the free pass most managers who gain promotion receive. 

If we lose 3 on the bounce people will want him gone. He certainly wouldn’t  get the grace pearson or cooper got. So getting some early points on the board is essential for enzo really. 

im personally going to view this season as a free hit. As long as we are developing our players and making smart business decisions looking to the future… then i’m fine with us taking the cash and trying again from a stronger position. If we somehow pull it off, then it will just be another special leicester moment 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think the biggest issue, is that even though the majority of us understand this, enzo doesn’t quite seem to have the free pass most managers who gain promotion receive. 

If we lose 3 on the bounce people will want him gone. He certainly wouldn’t  get the grace pearson or cooper got. So getting some early points on the board is essential for enzo really. 

im personally going to view this season as a free hit. As long as we are developing our players and making smart business decisions looking to the future… then i’m fine with us taking the cash and trying again from a stronger position. If we somehow pull it off, then it will just be another special leicester moment 

Every team in the bottom 3rd of the table loses 3 on the bounce at some point. Bloody hell, everyone thinks O'Neil has done a great job but Wolves have dropped points in 7 of their last 10 games. Even Man U have 3 wins in the last 10.

We are going to gave to get used to not winning every week, but if there are calls for the Managers head after 3 loses on the bounce then we deserve everything coming to us as a club. 

last season (the one just coming to an end) was a total free hit for everyone apart from Luton, Burnley and Sheffield Utd.

The other 17 clubs must have been rubbing their hands, from game one!

If Forest go down, with them three clubs in that league, they need folding. 

38 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

True, but i don't think its entirely as simple as that though. Squad players have tasted European football that isn't there anymore which is demotivating. They are lumbered with some average players. Clubs selling to them are getting wiser so the bargains aren't quite what they used to be. There was media talk of KDH going and them being interested in Russel Martin - which all feels very different to how they were operating before.

Sounds just like Leicester a few seasons back!

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

Recruitment at Brighton is probably fairly unreliant on de Zerbi

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Every team in the bottom 3rd of the table loses 3 on the bounce at some point. Bloody hell, everyone thinks O'Neil has done a great job but Wolves have dropped points in 7 of their last 10 games. Even Man U have 3 wins in the last 10.

We are going to gave to get used to not winning every week, but if there are calls for the Managers head after 3 loses on the bounce then we deserve everything coming to us as a club. 

oh absolutely and it will happen. I just don’t think he will get the free pass most would.  The fact he doesn’t have a plan b will come up and people will turn very quickly. 

Can’t see people staying calm through the storm for him. I hope the majority will be  reasonable but there will still be a large amount with some doubts over his suitability.  I just hope he develops into the manager we all know he could be 

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

oh absolutely and it will happen. I just don’t think he will get the free pass most would.  The fact he doesn’t have a plan b will come up and people will turn very quickly. 

Can’t see people staying calm through the storm for him. I hope the majority will be  reasonable but there will still be a large amount with some doubts over his suitability.  I just hope he develops into the manager we all know he could be 

I have a horrible fear that many fans expect we will just slot into a top 8 + challenge again. It's not going to work like that. Next year is all about survival and we will have one arm tied behind our backs with that anyway. You would hope that we could take a leaf out of Lutons playbook and back the team no matter what, but i think you are right. 2 defeats in and it will all be talk about Plan B.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pkonline said:

Sounds just like Leicester a few seasons back!

That is exactly what is happening to them, just a bit slower than us:

- Dodging relegation

- Stabilised in the league

- Upturn in fortunes / over achieving

- Great signings making a difference

Then

- Sell best players for astronomical feeds but replacements not as good

- Struggle with the demands of European football

- Style of play gets worked out

- Injuries to key players

- Manager starts to look stale / looking elsewhere

Don't think they are in danger of going down, Chelsea just gave them so much money. But think they are just the latest in a list of teams that try and break the top 6 but can't. Villa are having a great spell now, and Emery as coach has been an inspired appointment. Think they will have a good run for as long as he is around. But they spent a lot to get to where they are and were lucky to sell Grealish for so much money. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That is exactly what is happening to them, just a bit slower than us:

- Dodging relegation

- Stabilised in the league

- Upturn in fortunes / over achieving

- Great signings making a difference

Then

- Sell best players for astronomical feeds but replacements not as good

- Struggle with the demands of European football

- Style of play gets worked out

- Injuries to key players

- Manager starts to look stale / looking elsewhere

Don't think they are in danger of going down, Chelsea just gave them so much money. But think they are just the latest in a list of teams that try and break the top 6 but can't. Villa are having a great spell now, and Emery as coach has been an inspired appointment. Think they will have a good run for as long as he is around. But they spent a lot to get to where they are and were lucky to sell Grealish for so much money. 

Excellent analysis. 

Agree with Villa although they are very close to FFP so will have to sell, but they have a superb manager who, if he states, will keep them in Europe. Saying that, he may well be poached by a "big club" as there are a few vacancies and not many high quality candidates like him!

• Like 1

On 26/04/2024 at 22:16, Chelmofox said:

West Brom, Ipswich and Brentford to get Relegated. 

Heard it here first.

Hull Brentford Everton

• Like 1

On 30/04/2024 at 10:19, foxfanazer said:

I'm not gonna get too worried about relegation next season. I hope the fans accept that it's gonna be a tough one and get behind the boys. If we do go down we'll be back

They've restored faith in last few games. Showing this kind of character is exactly what the last group lacked. I'm not having it that this team is worse than the one that went down. 

A Tielemans actually trying was of course better, but give me the likes of Winks playing like this any day over that bunch of spineless cowards. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

They've restored faith in last few games. Showing this kind of character is exactly what the last group lacked. I'm not having it that this team is worse than the one that went down. 

A Tielemans actually trying was of course better, but give me the likes of Winks playing like this any day over that bunch of spineless cowards. 

hmm. I think our defence is better, baring in mind last year we mostly played Amarte, i never rated Castagne, and Evans was a bag of poo. 

Our wingers aren't proven at PL level. I love Mavadidi but he has a tough ask next year. Fatawu (if we sign) has a high ceiling but he is going to come up against some impressive defending. Both of the wingers have to jump a few levels. Vards is Vards, but older. Cannon hasn't shown anything yet. Im not sure what we do for the no 9 role as we have to get rid of Daka.

Our midfield is poor though. KDH in the PL wont have the same effect and the one footedness will stand out more. I don't rate Ndidi in that role in the PL either (he's leaving anyway). We have next to no rotation in the Championship, and not much creativity in the middle, so the PL is going to be even harder.

Midfield recruitment is key. I don't mind losing KDH if we get someone more creative in, as the energy will come from the wingers.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

hmm. I think our defence is better, baring in mind last year we mostly played Amarte, i never rated Castagne, and Evans was a bag of poo. 

Our wingers aren't proven at PL level. I love Mavadidi but he has a tough ask next year. Fatawu (if we sign) has a high ceiling but he is going to come up against some impressive defending. Both of the wingers have to jump a few levels. Vards is Vards, but older. Cannon hasn't shown anything yet. Im not sure what we do for the no 9 role as we have to get rid of Daka.

Our midfield is poor though. KDH in the PL wont have the same effect and the one footedness will stand out more. I don't rate Ndidi in that role in the PL either (he's leaving anyway). We have next to no rotation in the Championship, and not much creativity in the middle, so the PL is going to be even harder.

Midfield recruitment is key. I don't mind losing KDH if we get someone more creative in, as the energy will come from the wingers.

I just mean from a cohesion, character and attitude perspective more than anything. 

I'm more than happy with seeing how Mavididi and Fatawu do. Not that we are in a position to be picky.

It's definitely time to train Braybrooke in Winks role and throw Alves in too. 

Id hang on to KDH at all costs personally. I get the criticisms of him but i don't want the Premier League to mean we lose our connection with the players. Just look at Forest - a team of agent proposed "top level" names and they have absolutely no connection at all. They are screwed when they go down too. 

• Like 4

The Forest fans I’ve (unfortunately) encountered on Twitter recently are absolutely deluded!

They’re genuinely convinced that there’s a conspiracy against them and that they’re being cheated.

I pointed out that the fact they’re involved in a relegation dogfight with three of the weakest teams (in relative terms) the PL has ever seen might be an indication that they’re crap. They were having none of it.

The fact that a team might avoid relegation with twenty-something points is just mental.

Clear off back to League One, you 1970s twats.

2 hours ago, Saxondale said:

The Forest fans I’ve (unfortunately) encountered on Twitter recently are absolutely deluded!

They’re genuinely convinced that there’s a conspiracy against them and that they’re being cheated.

I pointed out that the fact they’re involved in a relegation dogfight with three of the weakest teams (in relative terms) the PL has ever seen might be an indication that they’re crap. They were having none of it.

The fact that a team might avoid relegation with twenty-something points is just mental.

Clear off back to League One, you 1970s twats.

Have you not seen this board and the state of some of our fans on here? lol

Every club has their simpletons and most of them tend to find their way onto a computer or mobile phone :D

Guest ChrisWalken456

Maddison dropped from the Spurs team tonight. Had a decent start to his career there but has really fizzled out in recent months.

22 minutes ago, ChrisWalken456 said:

Maddison dropped from the Spurs team tonight. Had a decent start to his career there but has really fizzled out in recent months.

So overrated!!..

Got a great price for him and even better he went to Spurs!!

How can Chelsea have spent what they have spent and put out a bench like that? Not heard of most of them.