Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Would love to see these top teams competing with a level playing field we will see how man city get on with that not being able to buy the title every year

But I'm am absolutely praying to jesus, Allah,bhudda, shiva etc for a forest relegation.  I will be so frigging happy...

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm not gonna get too worried about relegation next season. I hope the fans accept that it's gonna be a tough one and get behind the boys. If we do go down we'll be back

On paper I genuinely think we have a better first team than the likes of Brentford, Bournemouth etc is that arrogant to say, and the current bottom three.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

I wondered this, if it happens and they don't get the points deduction until next season I'd have them nailed on to go down. I reckon they'd breach financial rules for the Prem again for this season so another points deduction on top of a potential points deduction for administration if it happens.

Edited by sharpylcfc
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Yes why I posted it in the 24/25 thread.

Which no doubt means whoever goes down this season will appeal.

So they're gonna be in the same cycle as the start of this season depending how the season end like if Everton go into administration depends on how the season ends they could gone down from a 9 point deduction for administration and then more points deducted for financial reasons too. Could it potentially get messy again?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

On paper I genuinely think we have a better first team than the likes of Brentford, Bournemouth etc is that arrogant to say, and the current bottom three.

Once we’ve lost the out of control players I don’t agree with this 

but if we recruit well then we might do 

We can’t obviously splash out so selling and moving on some players will be key. Than take stock before we buy very very carefully. We really can’t afford any duds not even one. Gotta complete fatawu’s transfer that’s for sure or we lose him to a rival. He will get even better in the premier league. Can’t wait to see him tear it up!

I think we should look at a few championship players once we know who is staying down. I have been impressed with a handful down here. 

I don't want us going back to signing expensive flops from abroad. 

I'd like to see us bring in some players with a nasty side, as we can be a bit soft at times. Premier League will require some more leaders in the squad.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Not surprised by Chelsea, and the 2 Manchesters but no idea why Villa would vote against this. As regards did we vote, I'd imagine not as we technically aren't in the Premier league yet. 

Going to be an interesting vote once the detail is available 

if this anchored spend is going to replace the new 70% spending limit then I don’t understand how that will work?  Clubs would clearly fail the uefa  tests so anyone qualifying for europe away from the rich six would have to pay a fine in order to play European football. Surely the other leagues would challenge this financial sanction ??

if the anchored cap does become the basis of psr then club owners would have to weigh up if they really want to be stumping up hundreds of millions to try and compete with the rich six.  I’d be quite surprised if 14 owners are happy to do this 

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Going to be an interesting vote once the detail is available 

if this anchored spend is going to replace the new 70% spending limit then I don’t understand how that will work?  Clubs would clearly fail the uefa  tests so anyone qualifying for europe away from the rich six would have to pay a fine in order to play European football. Surely the other leagues would challenge this financial sanction ??

if the anchored cap does become the basis of psr then club owners would have to weigh up if they really want to be stumping up hundreds of millions to try and compete with the rich six.  I’d be quite surprised if 14 owners are happy to do this 

I heard that it would be alongside the 70% turnover rule. 

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I heard that it would be alongside the 70% turnover rule. 

So what takes precedent?

the anchoring or the 70%?

it won’t help the poorer clubs spend more but it could put a ceiling on what the rich six are allowed to spend.  I reckon with that in mind, the end result will be 6 times the lowest figure. 

Has the PL blackout rule changed? 

Last weekend they had highlights of league two goals between 3-5pm.

This weekend coming up on TNT Sports they've got National League games at 3.30pm and French Ligue 1 games aired at 4pm. They never used to have Bundesliga aired in these times but Sky Sports Arena have coverage of Stuttgart vs Bayern. 

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Poor guy won't be able to win here.

Either be accused of having Forest mates or be against Forest.

He lives in Collingham, not Nottingham, Nottinghamshire based sure

• Like 1