Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If Vardy scores then we win the game, small margins.

Let's see where we finish, he does need to change it up a bit though and bring in other players.

Small margins lmao it is Bristol lol I don’t care it is shit football and we deserved nothing which is what we got 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh there's luck but you make your own luck.

They shoot. 

A gust a wind isn't going to magically lift the ball through the air and find itself heading towards goal for us like you make it sound like it does for Ipswich.

An even better and more realistic analogy - We're not going to pass the ball backwards or sideways and a gust of wind take it goalwards.

Vardy shot today too. How is that different?

13 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Vardy shot today too. How is that different?

Tbf we probably did shoot more today, you're right.

Certainly the odd instances and occasions you speak of today, is exactly what I want to see.

Generally and throughout the season? It's been all about walking in the perfect goal. Slow and intricate.

Edited by Matt

8 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Small margins lmao it is Bristol lol I don’t care it is shit football and we deserved nothing which is what we got 

It's true score them chances and we win the game, like we have done most the season.. and you was cheering us when we was winning playing exactly the same way.. he does need to change it up abit though but still he scores we win simple as that and thats what we have done all season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

It's true score them chances and we win the game, like we have done most the season.. and you was cheering us when we was winning playing exactly the same way.. he does need to change it up abit though but still he scores we win simple as that and thats what we have done all season.

Are you sure we win though lol I’m not having this bullshit when it is ****ing Bristol lol who cares we should have hundreds of chances the same and win based on the fact we are running into debt and paying our players shit loads of money 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Tbf we probably did shoot more today, you're right.

Certainly the odd instances and occasions you speak of today, is exactly what I want to see.

Generally and throughout the season? It's been all about walking in the perfect goal. Slow and intricate.

I think that's fair. And it shouldn't be a factor in our final position this season given where we were. 

Maybe the terminology is the thing that irks people. Rather than luck its essentially factors outside of your control. Soton have an even more congested fixture list because of a fire near their stadium, completely out of their control but a factor in how their season progresses.

14 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Villa have moved on and got in a manager and team that actually give a shit 

Villa is a terrible example given that FFP will catch up with them as soon as they drop out of Europe. They’ve spent their way to success. 

Just now, Lionator said:

Villa is a terrible example given that FFP will catch up with them as soon as they drop out of Europe. They’ve spent their way to success. 

I would rather we did that lol then sit on our hands and still get points deductions lol 😂 

33 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Clowns still deluding themselves that Ipswich are somehow lucky. No, they attack and make things happen rather than passing sideways all game. Are Leeds lucky too? We are ****ed, these 2 sides not only have more threat than us but bottle too (Ipswich in particular are in another league to us when it comes to grit and bottle)

so the chaplin goal today was from them making things happen

and that Blackburn goal that was ruled out, wasnt szmodics wasnt even in the eye line

Just now, Trent Steel said:

People can argue about it all night but at the end f the day it's crap. We will be in 3rd and we had a 15 point gap. There no excuse or luck

18 points over Ipswich as Christmas………

• Sad 1

Knowing the type of guy Vardy is he will be kicking and breaking shit all around his house tonite (atleast I hope he will).

the man has scored an incredible amount of goals and amazing and super difficult ones. He shouldn’t be able to sleep tonite.

striking the ball at the keeper is shocking!

Vardy was our only savior today and he couldn’t do it when it really mattered. It’s a bad day for him. I can accept our whole team having a bad day but in this moment we need something, anything to get us over the line. We are desperate as hell for points. Maybe the desperation is showing in our finishing and that’s what’s killing us? I’m at a loss. Enzo’s post match comments gave me no comfort at all.

he could atleast have a conte style f*** meltdown that would make me feel A little better lol

13 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Sorry, but I’m not having anyone try to give our team any credit, it is bullshit and they deserve nothing 

Ok. Is that still true if we go on the get autos? 

9 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

so the chaplin goal today was from them making things happen

and that Blackburn goal that was ruled out, wasnt szmodics wasnt even in the eye line

Funny how when you shoot and take a chance rather than retain possession, it can end up in the back of the net. Ah but you can't measure that on a fookin football stats website metric.