Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Maybe it's because they have lots of shots and play an attacking game?

Explain to me the offside goal just disallowed then. 

I’ve not stated they arnt a good side and probably deserve auto promotion. All I’ve said is they are lucky. That’s not even debatable 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

They play pretty much the same as we do 

It pains me to praise McKenna after I made such a fuss of one his quotes saying Rodgers is his inspiration but no, no they don't.

They shoot.

1 minute ago, frany104 said:

Explain to me the offside goal just disallowed then. 

I’ve not stated they arnt a good side and probably deserve auto promotion. All I’ve said is they are lucky. That’s not even debatable 

It is debatable. They score goals using skill and desire.

• Haha 2

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Clowns still deluding themselves that Ipswich are somehow lucky. No, they attack and make things happen rather than passing sideways all game. Are Leeds lucky too? We are ****ed, these 2 sides not only have more threat than us but bottle too (Ipswich in particular are in another league to us when it comes to grit and bottle)

They are lucky as **** mate 

• Haha 1

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Clowns still deluding themselves that Ipswich are somehow lucky. No, they attack and make things happen rather than passing sideways all game. Are Leeds lucky too? We are ****ed, these 2 sides not only have more threat than us but bottle too (Ipswich in particular are in another league to us when it comes to grit and bottle)

People also deluded if they don't think luck is a thing in football. They literally pea rolled one at the keeper and he just pushed it into the net.

7 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

People also deluded if they don't think luck is a thing in football. They literally pea rolled one at the keeper and he just pushed it into the net.

Oh there's luck but you make your own luck.

They shoot. 

A gust a wind isn't going to magically lift the ball through the air and find itself heading towards goal for us like you make it sound like it does for Ipswich.

An even better and more realistic analogy - We're not going to pass the ball backwards or sideways and a gust of wind take it goalwards.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

It's a famous saying you need a bit of luck in football and Ipswich have bags of it

We shouldn’t need luck to beat Bristol lol the club is spiralling into no future 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh there's luck but you make your own luck.

They shoot. 

A gust a wind isn't going to magically lift the ball through the air and find itself heading towards goal for us like you make it sound like it does for Ipswich.

People seem incapable to realise this YOU CREATE YOUR OWN LUCK. Passing the ball around the back line for most the gane shockingly won't result in a deflected goal.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Ipswich and Leeds just have players that can put the ball in the net, in whichever way possible. If they had created the chances we did today Bristol would have lost 4-5 nil.

Spot on. We weren't great today but we still created 4 'big chances', none of which were taken. Over the session we've created way more big chances than any other team. Vardy missed 2 absolute sitters in the second half. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We shouldn’t need luck to beat Bristol lol the club is spiralling into no future 

If Vardy scores then we win the game, small margins.

Let's see where we finish, he does need to change it up a bit though and bring in other players.