Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

4 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Haha can’t wait for the Cardiff fans to give their manager some shite after he gave them some for beating them every time he plays them 

My younger son, Cardiff fan, just messaged me to say f*** the Jack Bastard. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Would guess you are misreading the situation.

I responded to someone who said they were surprised Southampton were not playing possession football, he was asking had they abandoned it, and my answer from what I was told by their fans is they drop the ideology for some games get some form then go back to it.

I never said they actually dropped it for that game.

If there is some confusion here, talking about different things I dont know, I was just answering someone's question.

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

A possibility they could start resting their players for the playoffs now too

We need them to be competitive against Leeds last day of the season.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

I responded to someone who said they were surprised Southampton were not playing possession football, he was asking had they abandoned it, and my answer from what I was told by their fans is they drop the ideology for some games get some form then go back to it.

I never said they actually dropped it for that game.

If there is some confusion here, talking about different things I dont know, I was just answering someone's question.

Sometimes when teams come at you, the possession stats change. You still play with the approach that you want to retain the ball but the opposition won't let you.

This happened today for us. We had 47% possession. But Enzo hasn't abandoned possession football, just that WBA put a significant shift in a didn't let us have our own way. Brussel definitely hasn't changed his approach. 

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

Don't expect teams in Championship with nothing to play for to roll over. Many players in this league seek a big move to a PL team and a big performance in crucial games could attract interest. 

This - and momentum is everything. End the season strongly and it bodes well for next season.  

1 minute ago, Bert said:

4 points gets us there I think! 

4 points and Southampton can't catch us, and Leeds would need to have a perfect run to do so. Ipswich couldn't afford a defeat either with goal difference so yea

While I wish we won this league by a canter (and we should have), wouldn't it be sweet to have got their hopes up all this time that we were bottling it only to pull clear when it matters. We'll be seeing some real tears me thinks :beer:

Edited by HybridFox