Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I get it. My point was it’s out of their hands. They have to win and hope others mess up. Ipswich have a tough run in and are catchable. They just need to win games and knowing they aren’t retaining a lead can relieve some pressure. 

If I had leicester in their situation I would want to see a performance because right now they have been rather poor… that just puts pressure on. Imagine going into a play off with Southampton and West Brom lurking on the back of terrible form. Would t be confidence boosting. They are under pressure, to try and salvage something 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

4 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

On a good point saints lost.

that will teach their manager to chat sh!t about us.

If we get a result on Tuesday I think we do it.

We were lucky today

What’d he say

5 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbh its a good number on here that dont, but im not surprised

Overall the quality is higher than what I expected to be honest, West Brom played very well today and used the ball good. They made it hard. I know I put in a bad comment with anger by calling millwall and Plymouth, but I was so disappointed with what we were doing, so I was harsh on those sides that actually played well. Thankfully today I saw a team that wanted the win it felt like the hunger was back. The performance wasn’t great but you can’t deny we got the win and played with heart today 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Pressure is a funny thing. Now we have won and are 4 points ahead, the pressure is off Leeds a little. I expect them to beat Middlesborough.

There is still a job to do beyond Tuesday. Still potential twists and turns.

I thought the pressure was off Saints tbf & they messed up. 

But, as you say it's not over yet, time running out though.

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1

The luck stuff is funny, you make your own luck, Ipswich fight till the end so they get late goals.

Today someone had the foresight to tell Hamza to go on the line to help Mads out, or he just flat out decided to do it, either way the decision kept the goals out not luck.

• Like 4

Just now, Chrysalis said:

The luck stuff is funny, you make your own luck, Ipswich fight till the end so they get late goals.

Today someone had the foresight to tell Hamza to go on the line to help Mads out, or he just flat out decided to do it, either way the decision kept the goals out not luck.

Yep. I think some people don’t know what luck means. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It would be so good if we do actually have an opportunity and do it on Tuesday. Realised today, that as a fan, I’ve never seen us “do it” at home. Probably one of the few things I’ve never experienced as a Leicester fan. 

League One - we did it away at Southend. The Leeds 1-0 win was probably the closest to experiencing the elation of doing it on home soil.

Championship under Nige, we won against Sheff Wed and then had it confirmed the next day.

PL, Hazard goal. Everton 3-1 we were well and truly in party mode. 

Let’s have the excitement/nerves before the game. The emotion during it. And the elation after it. 

Last time we won promotion at home was brighton

3 minutes ago, tylesta said:

We were promoted on the Saturday after Derby and QPR both slipped up

Brighton was the next home game and the players were clearly still pissed

9 minutes ago, tylesta said:

It wasn’t. We had a game immediately after v Brighton which we lost 4-1. Ulloa running riot for them. However, promotion was confirmed on the Saturday before. We played the Friday before and won 2-1 v Sheff Wed.

14 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It wasn’t. We had a game immediately after v Brighton which we lost 4-1. Ulloa running riot for them. However, promotion was confirmed on the Saturday before. We played the Friday before and won 2-1 v Sheff Wed.

We signed ulloa on the back of that game

• Like 1