Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

27 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Regular third tier side. Always have been. And Sheffield Wednesday. 

To be fair, Sheffield Wednesday have been outside the top 2 divisions about 10 seasons in their entire history. Not as good as our 1 but hardly always been a regular 3rd division side. 

Personally hope they stay up for the Steel City Derby to return!

3 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

To be fair, Sheffield Wednesday have been outside the top 2 divisions about 10 seasons in their entire history. Not as good as our 1 but hardly always been a regular 3rd division side. 

Personally hope they stay up for the Steel City Derby to return!

10 seasons in the last 50. So, what, 20% of the last 50 seasons they've been a third tier club. Seems a lot to me for half a century. And probably will be yet again next season. 

9 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

We went 1-0 up in that game, and I remember thinking we can do this! A win would have kept us up. The rest is history..

I was living in France at the time and flew back to watch the game. When Wednesday equalised, I could see them winning - and when they did win I kind-of knew we’d get relegated. I can recall feeling physically sick after the game: awful awful experience.

18 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Blackburn needing something might suit us. They'll need to come forward

Szmodics 'up for it', worries me though against our backline. 

If they can win at fortress Leeds, they can win at our place. 

Edited by STEVIE B

1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

If they can win at Leeds, they can win at our place. 

In all likelihood, either Blackburn will be safe by then, or, we will have been promoted by then.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

If they can win at fortress Leeds, they can win at our place. 

Szmodics aside, Blackburn are a terrible side. If we lose at home to them we probably don't deserve promotion. They had something like 4 touches in the Wednesday box today across 98 minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sly said:

How is this still rumbling on between Cardiff and Nantes. 

More than anything else, his family (if they haven't already) should be getting compensation from whoever arranged the flight..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CheeseHead said:

Plymouth celebrated their victory over us as if it meant safety. Looking at the table now, not so safe!

Plymouth expected to get smashed by us. Probably the reason they celebrated like they did.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Proper scummy move

Christ.

What the fvck are they thinking?

Not only is it an awful thing to be suing over, it also makes feck all sense.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Proper scummy move

"Emiliano our beautiful Bluebird, we'll love you forever more" until it might financially impact our club in which case sue Nantes for agents we chose to deal with who put him on a plane made out of wafers.

Can they not just admit defeat out of respect for the bloke and his family first and foremost, Christ.

• Like 2

The Martin / Rodgers comparison couldn't have been any truer could it. Every time without fail they get a sniff of the automatics they bottle it.

Slight problem for us is that pressure is back off them again Tuesday so they'll probably beat us lol 

16 minutes ago, K789 said:

Cov v hull Wednesday pm. Cov will do well to lift themselves for that

I think we want a Hull win there. Both have to play Ipswich in the next week. Hull are 3 points ahead having played a game more but if this beat Coventry on Wednesday they will have the points on the board going into Ipswich at the weekend. Cov probably have a bit much to do.

Theres that phrase again on national radio

"The premier league needs Leeds"

can someone explain to me why ? just cos they were quite good a long time ago ?  They are shit thats why they got relegated

same with forest "oh we won the uefa cup 43 years ago so we should be a top 6 PL club"

t0ssers

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

Theres that phrase again on national radio

"The premier league needs Leeds"

can someone explain to me why ? just cos they were quite good a long time ago ?  They are shit thats why they got relegated

same with forest "oh we won the uefa cup 43 years ago so we should be a top 6 PL club"

t0ssers

Who said that?