Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

Following that win for the Under 21s, they officially WILL NOT finish bottom of the league this season! :thumbup:

Us and Derby both have just 1 game left this season meaning they cannot catch us!

Unfortunately we cannot qualify for the next stage so the next game away against West Ham on Friday 26th will be the final game of our season

image.png.5b60e38740d7833eeff1a30276e47e00.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Braybrooke could slot in to our ailing team and make a difference, he's that dominant a player.

The step up from academy to Mens game is huge, we'd all love for him to be able push us on, but to expect him to make a difference is a bit far 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Alves and Braybrooke (and possibly Ewing?!?! - has had a good few months) on the bench Saturday please!

Unless there’s another 21s game on, in which case match fitness should be prioritised.

Still managing alves playing time 

good to see Sammi play 90

cant see enzo wanting to put these kids into the firing line of a game like Saturdays 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Braybrooke could slot in to our ailing team and make a difference, he's that dominant a player.

I doubt it yet. But to think what could have been ……..

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Still managing alves playing time 

good to see Sammi play 90

cant see enzo wanting to put these kids into the firing line of a game like Saturdays 

Half the fanbase think they’re iniesta and messi already for some reason. Putting them on would increase Enzo’s popularity, something he desperately needs.

Even for 5/10 mins at the end when the game is won/lost (most likely the latter). You never know what they (in particular Briggs/Alves) could do 😉🪄 

1 hour ago, niyaminski said:

Half the fanbase think they’re iniesta and messi already for some reason. Putting them on would increase Enzo’s popularity, something he desperately needs.

Even for 5/10 mins at the end when the game is won/lost (most likely the latter). You never know what they (in particular Briggs/Alves) could do 😉🪄 

If we can somehow get there before game 38 then they will definitely get a run out 

Such a shame that both Braybrooke and Alves have been unavailable for the majority of the season as I think if they had been fit and available I have no doubt both would have been heavily involved in and around the 1st team. One of the things that Enzo has been really good at is giving academy players opportunities and for that reason it would be great if he can turn this around as given our financial situation, our ability to utilise our academy will be critical over the coming years. 

• Like 1