Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

Thought he had a good chance of having a future here but if we can get a little money for him, it all helps.

I imagine he's still under contract here. Remember when Jeff Schlupp had a trial at Man Utd when we were in the Championship?

Even if his contract is up in the summer, is he still young enough for us to get a little compensation?

from what I saw, he was never going to be good enough to be a regular in a side with our ambitions.  Same can be said for McAteer and Wanya-Marcal. If he has been released, then good luck to him in building a career, I wish him all the best, but I suspect he will be a league one player / lower end championship player at the very best. 

38 minutes ago, LCFCCKEANO said:

Any chance this is prep for a potential summer loan, or is he out of contract/heading out perm?

Usually around now when players have been told they aren’t getting a new contract so they go off on trial to other clubs

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Usually around now when players have been told they aren’t getting a new contract so they go off on trial to other clubs

Yeah we've had the likes of Popov at the back end of seasons in the past. 

1 hour ago, Ryy said:

Maswanhise is on trial at Stockport and got a hattrick 

Another one so poorly managed. Looked lively if very raw when played in pre season a few years back then we never saw him. And last year he was banging them in at the start of the under 21 season and never got a sniff, despite us having no options out wide (realise he was playing up top). Might not have cut it but the fact he's never been given any chance, even on loan is awful

1 hour ago, LCFCCKEANO said:

Any chance this is prep for a potential summer loan, or is he out of contract/heading out perm?

30 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

hasn’t the under 21 season finished? There could be a small chance that we are trying to prove to stockport that he’d be a good loan for league 1. It would be really nice to see we are being forward thinking like this as our loans have dwindled. 

but @moore_94 is probably right :thumbdown:

27 minutes ago, Shane said:

Hope Ewing can get back to his previous level and compete for the RCM position.

He did a lot of the dirty work for Braybrooke/Alves & was also good on the ball.

Blokes 22 years old next season. I imagine its decision time for the club whether they think he can cut it here or to let go

Edited by South Shire Fox

11 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Find it bizarre that he hasnt been out on loan the last few years. Looked a very decent player when he was involved in preseason 21/22 and more then ready for mens football

Wonder if there's more to it. 

Refusing to sign a deal, not knuckling down and building on his talent, or things simply haven't played out for him

50 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

hasn’t the under 21 season finished? There could be a small chance that we are trying to prove to stockport that he’d be a good loan for league 1. It would be really nice to see we are being forward thinking like this as our loans have dwindled. 

but @moore_94 is probably right :thumbdown:

They have 1 more game tomorrow

• Sad 1

Club was never going to loan him out whilst in the last year of his contract or give him opportunities in the first team.

They wouldn't play Wanya Marçal when he was out of contract.

If the club and Enzo see Marçal, McAteer as being ahead of him in the pecking order then this is a reasonable decision. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Club was never going to loan him out whilst in the last year of his contract or give him opportunities in the first team.

They wouldn't play Wanya Marçal when he was out of contract.

If the club and Enzo see Marçal, McAteer as being ahead of him in the pecking order then this is a reasonable decision. 

I think this is a stupid decision though, instead we don't enable development and let them go for free. I know the alternative is they go on loan, do well and reject a new deal but the compensation is worth more than letting them go and if the relationship is good on promises for their future then a new deal isn't impossible.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this is a stupid decision though, instead we don't enable development and let them go for free. I know the alternative is they go on loan, do well and reject a new deal but the compensation is worth more than letting them go and if the relationship is good on promises for their future then a new deal isn't impossible.

I agree but he has to want to go and someone need to want to take him and play him.

Our under 21 have struggled for a couple year which probably doesn't  help on attracting suitors .

• Like 1