Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

16 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I know, sorry another thread to add to the million we already have in situations like this, but, who should we keep, who should we sell and who should a sign? Realistically of cause and we already know who's leaving. 

Nacho and Barnes if we could keep them we would be alright goals wise I'd hope. Erm yeah another goalie, several defenders maybe? 

Nacho has 1 year left now. The club has to sell this summer or lose him on a free. They might feel that goals from him next season are worth him leaving on a free. 

Barnes has 2 years. 

I imagine both will want to leave and we’ll also receive offers for them. 

New signings: Yusuf Gazibegovic -RB

Becir omeragic

Jamal lascelles CB.

Midfield - Alex Oxlade Chamberlain

Isak Bergmann Johanneson (Joey Gudjonssons lad)

Odion Thiago Holm.

Winger - Tobias Gulliksen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Keep all the players let them do a year in the champ, we can let Maddisson leave on a free when we bag the 170m money from promotion 

The current squad doesn't have the mentality for promotion, sure some may be internationals, but they ain't gonna perform on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke.

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I don't want anyone who currently plays for us.

Literally not one of them.

I'd be intrigued to hear an argument against that.

Iverson, Souttar, Thomas, KDH, Hamza, Vardy (wage reduction)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I don't want anyone who currently plays for us.

Literally not one of them.

I'd be intrigued to hear an argument against that.

Well, replacing an entire team is pretty difficult. 

Barnes is proven in the champ, as is Iverson. JJ can probably do a good job if he ever gets his fitness back. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tim1974 said:

New signings: Yusuf Gazibegovic -RB

Becir omeragic

Jamal lascelles CB.

Midfield - Alex Oxlade Chamberlain

Isak Bergmann Johanneson (Joey Gudjonssons lad)

Odion Thiago Holm.

Winger - Tobias Gulliksen.

The players you've mentioned here from lesser known leagues could well be worth a look at. I don't think we can go too crazy with many unknown players because we need a solid core, but I think we should take the opportunity to try and bed in some exciting talents, both from our own academy and abroad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

The players you've mentioned here from lesser known leagues could well be worth a look at. I don't think we can go too crazy with many unknown players because we need a solid core, but I think we should take the opportunity to try and bed in some exciting talents, both from our own academy and abroad.

I agree, there should be a nucleus of the current squad and academy graduates to build around with some overseas talent and a couple of released premier league players that still have a point to prove.

That's how we've had success before and I hope the club do have the likes of whom I've mentioned in their scouting database.

• Like 1