Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

9 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Will there actually be a lack of it, should Maddison, Tielemans etc. leave and the club get a lot of £m's in the process?

Well we get jack shit for Tielemans, Soyuncu etc. Of course we will get their wages off the bill, but no fee to go into the kitty. It is unlikely we will get the true worth in terms of transfer fee for Maddison and  Barnes, especially now we've been relegated. I'm not sure what we will do with the loans that we've secured against future tv money or parachute payments. Could king power pay them off? Or more likely, we will try to restructure the payments.  So in answer to you're question, I don't have a Scooby! Time will tell I suppose. 

Edited by smudger63

1 minute ago, 420Hashish said:

Iverson, Souttar, Faes, JJ, Ricardo, Kristiansen, Vardy, Nacho, Barnes, Hamza, Mendy. 

I'd like to keep Daka, Castagne, Praet, and Madders tho I'm aware they could be sold. 

I feel like those players would be a solid team to build around with the right manager to come straight back up the next season. I've never watched us play Championship football so I don't know if I should be excited or disappointed. Maybe we can go back to our winning ways. 

I’m afraid that Barnes will be sold and mendy is out of contract. The others you mentioned you’d like to keep will leave apart from daka who may decide to stay. 

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

Well we get jack shit for Tielemans, Soyuncu etc. Of course we will get their wages off the bill, but no fee to go into the kitty. It is unlikely we will get the true worth in terms of transfer fee for Maddison and  Barnes, especially now we've been relegated. I'm not sure what we will do with the loans that we've secured against future tv money or parachute payments. Could king power pay them off? Or more likely, we will try to restructure the payments.  So in answer to you're question, I don't have a Scooby! Time will tell I suppose. 

This financial jiggery-pokery is why I hope, if it comes down to it, we keep Whelan over Rudkin. Nothing to do with football, but I know she's very respected in terms of the business side.

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

I’m afraid that Barnes will be sold and mendy is out of contract. The others you mentioned you’d like to keep will leave apart from daka who may decide to stay. 

That's fine. Still not off to a bad start. Come the end of the summer and we should have a better idea what we could possibly expect. 

30 minutes ago, Tim1974 said:

Not consistent enough for me. Just my opinion of course, but I just don't rate him.

I get that he does lack consistency but he’s definitely a premier league quality player, personally I’ll miss him and it won’t sit right with me watching him play elsewhere

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

He's better than championship. He is very frustrating because he could be so much more. If he gets the right manager, who is able to get the best out of him, he could turn into one hell of a player, if he doesn't, then he will probably never properly fulfil the huge potential that he has.

Sounds like Eddie Howe is that guy, I'd say he posts better figures than Saint Maximum consistently. He has to go for his own sake, he's shown for me he cares he can't control 24 other squad players and a manager. Our relegation shouldn't reflect on Barnes, if he'd got the smaller details right to be a 20 goal a season player he'd have left already. Probably for United/Liverpool or Chelsea 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I'm not convinced we need a new 'keeper. Iversen was always a vast improvement over Ward and was POTY for Preston on loan last season.

I think we haven't even seen the best of iversen yet,  unless a bargain comes obvious, priorities are elsewhere for me, he'll be a decent champ keeper

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

It's a good point.

Most championship teams have 3-4 weeks on us.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

How I feel..even fans need space to digest this chaos..

This week/month I expect few clever deep meaning posts…

Another club buying any of these players better think deeply on mentral strengths & handling stress..

I think it would be wise to get a new manager first, then he has a say in the type of players who will fit into his plans

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bilo said:

This financial jiggery-pokery is why I hope, if it comes down to it, we keep Whelan over Rudkin. Nothing to do with football, but I know she's very respected in terms of the business side.

Completely agree with you.  Rudkin has to go though.

26 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Sounds like Eddie Howe is that guy, I'd say he posts better figures than Saint Maximum consistently. He has to go for his own sake, he's shown for me he cares he can't control 24 other squad players and a manager. Our relegation shouldn't reflect on Barnes, if he'd got the smaller details right to be a 20 goal a season player he'd have left already. Probably for United/Liverpool or Chelsea 

Yes Howe could well be that guy, given the improvements he has got from some previously very average players at Newcastle. That's a good shout. 👍 

I did this for the other thread but cba to find it and a few things have changed.

Sell/let contract expire (If possible): - would save over 1m per week give or take and bring in potentially 150m if we can deal well + Parachute payments.
Vestergaard
Pereira
Vardy
Amartey
BertranD
Evans
Cags
Ward
Barnes 
Maddison 
Tielemans
Praet
Soumare
Choudhury
Albrighton
Perez
Hirst

Keep (if possible):
Iheanacho (desperately want him to stay but he deserves top flight football) 
Daka
Ndidi (Awful I know but we may be stuck with him and he could do with a season to get his confidence back. If a new manager can sort him out he is worth it)
KDH 
Mendy
Thomas
Kristiansen
Souttar
Castagne (Dependant on Justin' situation) is rumored to be on 65k a week, if the 50% cut is true he's affordable and could be steady in the championship if he doesn't get an offer abroad.
Justin
Faes
Iversen
Smithies

Young players to give chances to: Braybrooke, Brunt, Alves, Marcal-Madivadua

Sign:
Left winger x2 
Right winger x2
Central attacking midfielder 
Centre back x2 
Young 3rd striker 

Core for next year:
image.png.379c8554129acfefdcf947a01614ccd7.pngimage.png.579eb2aa04192f574bb01fa47a029cc5.png

When you consider the potential wage savings from selling/expiring players, the wage cut for relegation (if true), parachute payments and the fees we will receive for Barnes and Madders being a minimum of £80m, I think financially we will be okay, It might not be so rosy if we get stuck with the big earners like Vardy or Vestergaard. Would take Vards in the championship obviously, but I think it's time to move on. Things will be tight obviously, but we do have a core of a team easily good enough on paper to go back up. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Anyone who thinks we should build the team around KDH needs to get real, he's absolutely woeful and will be woeful a league down too. 

This, I would only keep him as a CDM and nothing else. I'd rather move him on if truth be told. Cheap though. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

4 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Would love us to take the same approach with Iheanacho as Fulham did with Mitrovic.

Offer him a new contract and build the team around him - one of the few who’s never let us down.

Not sure he stays, but he'd be an absolute monster at Championship level if he did.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Would love us to take the same approach with Iheanacho as Fulham did with Mitrovic.

Offer him a new contract and build the team around him - one of the few who’s never let us down.

We aren't going to be a position to offer big new contracts to anyone, and we also have Vardy and Daka on decent wages . At least one if not 2 of the 3 main strikers will be off and Nacho is probably the most attractive to other clubs.

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Anyone who thinks we should build the team around KDH needs to get real, he's absolutely woeful and will be woeful a league down too. 

I don't get why people don't like him I think he does well at what he does.

8 minutes ago, ronnup said:

JJ will be out best player next season 

I'm sounding all doom and gloom now, but I think a premier league team will come in for him. Yes a lot of injuries but he's English and generally highly regarded.