Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

7 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I don't get this attitude the guy scored 13 goals for us in the premiership as a winger, most bottom half of the Premiership strikers don't score these figures. I think we lose him as an offer we can't refuse comes in.

agreed, we must beg him to give us a season and i think he would

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Barnes has been garbage at times, leaves me scratching my head because i know hes a decent player, I think it's because he isn't a winger, but he isn't a striker either, or a 10, he's like a 2nd forward. He could get you 15 goals and several assists in the championship, we should go all out to keep him and Nacho, those 2 get  you a challange

I agree, but no way Barnes stays, I highly doubt that Nacho stays either sadly.

• Sad 1

Yes don't get all the Barnes hate really. Has been out of form at times but still our most dangerous forward. He'll be off anyway along with Nacho, Castagne, think someone will come in for Justin as well.

• Like 1

Would be content with:

Iversen

Thomas

Souttar

Faes

Justin

Choudhury

KDH

Scott (from Bristol City)

Sarr (from Watford if he doesn't find a PL club/ Sorba Thomas if he does)

Nacho (in the unlikely event he stays, Daka if he doesn't)

Brereton Diaz

Just now, Bilo said:

Would be content with:

Iversen

Thomas

Souttar

Faes

Justin

Choudhury

KDH

Scott (from Bristol City)

Sarr (from Watford if he doesn't find a PL club/ Sorba Thomas if he does)

Nacho (in the unlikely event he stays, Daka if he doesn't)

Brereton Diaz

Alex Scott is going to getting bids from half the premier League. No chance I'm afraid.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tim1974 said:

I'm not questioning his stats going forward. They stack up impressively, I agree.

However, he doesn't possess a football brain and is sadly lacking in other aspects.

I'd happily see him gone.

In exchange for someone who scores 0 a season ? cos thats what you'll get for 20 million quid (Dwight McNeil)

17 minutes ago, Tim1974 said:

I'm indifferent to Barnes.

I wouldn't miss him if he was sold.

On the other hand, he may find his level in the championship and fire us back up.

He's better than championship. He is very frustrating because he could be so much more. If he gets the right manager, who is able to get the best out of him, he could turn into one hell of a player, if he doesn't, then he will probably never properly fulfil the huge potential that he has.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bart said:

Alex Scott is going to getting bids from half the premier League. No chance I'm afraid.

Pearson factor? You'd think a good relationship still exists and he might say that another season in the Championship might be good for him.

7 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I would rather get a new Keeper to be honest, but lack of finance will probably mean otherwise.

Will there actually be a lack of it, should Maddison, Tielemans etc. leave and the club get a lot of £m's in the process?

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Will there actually be a lack of it, should Maddison, Tielemans etc. leave and the club get a lot of £m's in the process?

Well they won’t get anything for youri

there is a £100m hole to fill 

madders and Barnes may raise £75/80m

that means Castagne and kel have to go which takes care of the balance.  There will be a couple more who won’t want to stay in addition to those out of contract 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Well they won’t get anything for youri

there is a £100m hole to fill 

madders and Barnes may raise £75/80m

that means Castagne and kel have to go which takes care of the balance.  There will be a couple more who won’t want to stay in addition to those out of contract 

Don't forget getting wages off the books as well.

Iverson, Souttar, Faes, JJ, Ricardo, Kristiansen, Vardy, Nacho, Barnes, Hamza, Mendy. 

I'd like to keep Daka, Castagne, Praet, and Madders tho I'm aware they could be sold. 

I feel like those players would be a solid team to build around with the right manager to come straight back up the next season. I've never watched us play Championship football so I don't know if I should be excited or disappointed. Maybe we can go back to our winning ways. 

Just now, Bilo said:

Don't forget getting wages off the books as well.

Correct - that’s why it’s only £100m

also, whilst players have relegation clauses, the club will negotiate with some players to convince them to hang around. 

eg. We want JJ to stay but he says if he has to take a 40% wage reduction then he wants to leave. The club may decide to agree 20% to keep him.  I think we need 4 full backs in the championship if we are to play an aggressive game on the front foot. 

• Like 1