Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The players you've mentioned here from lesser known leagues could well be worth a look at. I don't think we can go too crazy with many unknown players because we need a solid core, but I think we should take the opportunity to try and bed in some exciting talents, both from our own academy and abroad.

Bedding in an academy kid sounds exciting!

Just now, Tim1974 said:

I'm indifferent to Barnes.

I wouldn't miss him if he was sold.

On the other hand, he may find his level in the championship and fire us back up.

What?! He’s found his level in the premier league? Got like what 20 goals and assist from left wing there would be loads of takers in the top half

• Like 2

Just now, FoxOnWheels said:

What?! He’s found his level in the premier league? Got like what 20 goals and assist from left wing there would be loads of takers in the top half

Not consistent enough for me. Just my opinion of course, but I just don't rate him.

3 minutes ago, Tim1974 said:

I agree, there should be a nucleus of the current squad and academy graduates to build around with some overseas talent and a couple of released premier league players that still have a point to prove.

That's how we've had success before and I hope the club do have the likes of whom I've mentioned in their scouting database.

Problem is our midfield will be decimated. Losing our most creative player and a player who on his day is a great box-to-box player. I feel that's the big position we need, and we can't just go for an up and comer there, it's got to be someone who can dominate and dictate the game. We were linked with Morten Hjumland but can't see him going to the Championship.

The first 10 games will tell us a lot about our team... I could see a situation where our team is way too good for the division and it's a bit of a cakewalk, with KDH and Ndidi dominating games and Daka / Vardy tucking them away. But sadly I can also see a situation where we have a team whose morale is on the floor who struggle to find an identity and are pretty mediocre. Look at Watford and Norwich as very recent examples of this.

In recent years all our amazing leaders like Schmeichel, Morgan, Huth left and we never really replaced them. No Evans doesn't count, neither does Vardy. For me I would prioritise someone who is an amazing leader on the pitch. Ideally midfielder who can roll their sleeves up and change the game, but it doesn't really matter what position. But it has to be someone that breaks up the cliques and drives up the professionalism at the club. Not someone that is nice, someone that leads. Milner went to Brighton, but someone of that ilk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

I know, sorry another thread to add to the million we already have in situations like this, but, who should we keep, who should we sell and who should a sign? Realistically of cause and we already know who's leaving. 

Nacho and Barnes if we could keep them we would be alright goals wise I'd hope. Erm yeah another goalie, several defenders maybe? 

Sell Maddison, Soumare, Soy, Youri (frees), I don't think Castange will be here either also Mendy & Praet probably leaves.

Keep: Iversen, Souttar, Faes, Kristensen, Nididi, Ricardo, Justin, Thomas, KDH, Barnes, Nacho, Daka, Vardy & Evans (if don't retire)

Then you have players like Vester, Bertrand, Armartey, Ward etc.. lot of work ahead

I think we have the basis of a good team there we would need to add a few in though of course

Edited by whoareyaaa

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I don't get this attitude the guy scored 13 goals for us in the premiership as a winger, most bottom half of the Premiership strikers don't score these figures. I think we lose him as an offer we can't refuse comes in.

I'm not questioning his stats going forward. They stack up impressively, I agree.

However, he doesn't possess a football brain and is sadly lacking in other aspects.

I'd happily see him gone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Careful you, this sounds like something Phillip Schofield would do :shutup:!

Ah don't worry he'd allow them to warm up and be comfortable in their surroundings before expecting any attacking penetration from them.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

Barnes scored today long after the ship had sailed. 

He has not delivered when we needed it the most

Simply Not good enough. 

Barnes has been garbage at times, leaves me scratching my head because i know hes a decent player, I think it's because he isn't a winger, but he isn't a striker either, or a 10, he's like a 2nd forward. He could get you 15 goals and several assists in the championship, we should go all out to keep him and Nacho, those 2 get  you a challange

• Like 2

Just now, Tim1974 said:

I'm not questioning his stats going forward. They stack up impressively, I agree.

However, he doesn't possess a football brain and is sadly lacking in other aspects.

I'd happily see him gone.

Something tells me you might not be all that blessed in the football brain department.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1