Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Rodgers back to Celtic

5 hours ago, surrifox said:

They are both terrible pundits and have passed their sell by date years ago . Utter garbage that a discussion show about the days football is hosted by these morons 

I used to enjoy 606 when they had a proper football journalist/radio presenter involved like Mark Chapman and Alan Green. Now it's just "bants" between two ex-football playing dickheads.

I stopped listening ages ago.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Guesty said:

This is exactly what he does. I remember listening to a couple of journos on podcasts (on separate occasions) accidently letting slip the stuff they were saying was from Rodgers taking them out to dinner. And I think once when Simon Jordan and Jim White were talking White let slip Rodgers had told him on the phone.

These pundits are all failed managers or need his help for inside information. So he schmoozes them. They're probably so stupid they don't even realise they're being manipulated. That added to the fact their ego won't let them appear wrong.

Reading that Celtic forum is cathartic. It's actually dawning on some of them already why he's gone there. No chairman in the Premiership wants anything to do with him. He went back there cause he thought it would be an easy stepping stone. But all the same problems he had here are happening there: turgid football, struggles against a low block, injuries, no chances created and lame interviews. But now there's no real excuse.

In his own mind he's probably struggling; he believes his own bulls**t. Now there's nowhere for him and his ego to hide. Footballs moved on; I can't wait for the Old Firm Derby next week.

They’ll most likely win

I lost count of how often he spawned a victory here when he most needed it. There’s been loads, but one of the biggest occasions was the Forest home game last season. Top flew back for it too. Absolutely spanked them. I reckon he’d have been gone then had we lost that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I used to enjoy 606 when they had a proper football journalist/radio presenter involved like Mark Chapman and Alan Green. Now it's just "bants" between two ex-football playing dickheads.

I stopped listening ages ago.

They’ve tried to emulate Talksport which is not the way to go. 

11 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

They’ve tried to emulate Talksport which is not the way to go. 

Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning for TalkSport are great.

Also got one of our own - Geoff Peters.

The prime time stuff with Darren Bent talking rubbish is a bit dull, though.

Just now, foxile5 said:

Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning for TalkSport are great.

Also got one of our own - Geoff Peters.

The prime time stuff with Darren Bent talking rubbish is a bit dull, though.

Who’s the other one who likes to be contentious for the sakes of it?

Every time I’ve had the misfortune to hear it it’s a Jock talking boll*cks 

In my opinion TS is the Daily Sport of radio 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Who’s the other one who likes to be contentious for the sakes of it?

Every time I’ve had the misfortune to hear it it’s a Jock talking boll*cks 

In my opinion TS is the Daily Sport of radio 

You're not completely wrong; it's mental chewing gum best deployed for long journeys.

Adrian Durham might be who you're talking about. Sensationalist nonsense that gets sub-normal folk all worked up and then disagrees with them - "I'm just saying...I'm just suggest...tell me if I'm wrong...but are Everton about to challenge for the top six?" and then a million idiot Liverpool fans call up and shout nonesense whilst he argues back at them with utter drivel.

Darren Bent looked like he might have a decent career in broadcasting but quickly got swept up in being foolish and juvenline mistaking engagment for actual, genuine interest.

I dallied with 606 but they used to have Chris Sutton and that man is a ****ing arsehole.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

You're not completely wrong; it's mental chewing gum best deployed for long journeys.

Adrian Durham might be who you're talking about. Sensationalist nonsense that gets sub-normal folk all worked up and then disagrees with them - "I'm just saying...I'm just suggest...tell me if I'm wrong...but are Everton about to challenge for the top six?" and then a million idiot Liverpool fans call up and shout nonesense whilst he argues back at them with utter drivel.

Darren Bent looked like he might have a decent career in broadcasting but quickly got swept up in being foolish and juvenline mistaking engagment for actual, genuine interest.

I dallied with 606 but they used to have Chris Sutton and that man is a ****ing arsehole.

I mean, a jock talking bollocks has to be Alan Brazil no? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

They’ll most likely win

I lost count of how often he spawned a victory here when he most needed it. There’s been loads, but one of the biggest occasions was the Forest home game last season. Top flew back for it too. Absolutely spanked them. I reckon he’d have been gone then had we lost that. 

Biggest pyrrhic victory ever that game. Think there's every chance had we lost that game we'd have actually ended up staying up.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Some of the write ups make me laugh. 

Apparently a lot less intensity and "relentlessness" compared to under Ange. 

Also apparently Kyogo is looking isolated, getting dragged deeper and not getting chances. 

lol

he is trying to change the winning formula & implement his own

==

Yaho0 Sports

Rodgers system failure

While Brendan Rodgers has inherited a treble-winning squad, he has also inherited players who were signed to play in an Ange Postecoglou system. It has seemed, at times, like some are having a hard time adjusting to his new style of playing. Of course, these things takes time. So ingrained were the Australian's methods that veering away from that, even slightly, will require lots of work and, perhaps, different personnel, which Rodgers himself aluded to after the match in stating the need for new arrivals before Friday's transfer deadline. In the defeat to Kilmarnock it was hard to pick any area of the Celtic side that was working as it should. It was a complete breakdown of the Rodgers system with Killie taking great credit for the part they played in that. St Johnstone too deserve fulsome praise for putting a stop to Celtic on Saturday, but midielder Matt O'Riley insisted afterwards that the failure to win, or score, for a second match running was not entirely system related.

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Biggest pyrrhic victory ever that game. Think there's every chance had we lost that game we'd have actually ended up staying up.

Of course we would’ve. Might’ve finished top half. That’s why I was barely celebrating the victory 

13 hours ago, foxile5 said:

12 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I mean, a jock talking bollocks has to be Alan Brazil no? 

11 hours ago, Corky said:

Jim White

I’ve inadvertently proven my own point. Talksport has an abundance of divs

606 is rapidly descending as low though

On 29/08/2023 at 07:58, BillyFOX12 said:

Had a peak on their boards, doesn't seem like they ever wanted him back much less now.

Btw, Celtic fans seem like absolute nutters

they dont tolerate failure like us.,.,.

also once a player do not sign an extension - they are sold

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

The guy just amazes you in how much effort he puts in to PR manipulation, making excuses to try and mitigate his failures. 

A sad Indictment of the current state of affairs that it actually appears to work as well. 

A very easy man to dislike, indeed. 

Can you imagine how horrendous it must be being his family? Gaslight central!!!

I bet his wife is a shadow of her former self.