Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Rodgers back to Celtic

Thing is that Celtic are still top of the Premiership. Almost anyone could win things with them and even Rangers have been hit and miss in recent seasons.

If he fails there he really has lost it, but I doubt this is the job that will ultimately catch him out. I see another spin or two of the wheel before he’s done 

Just now, filbertway said:

Reading their forum makes me so happy.

The guys an utter fraud of a manager. Incredible salesman to be fair though.

Can't wait for him to take them from treble winners to winning nothing :D

Some of the write ups make me laugh. 

Apparently a lot less intensity and "relentlessness" compared to under Ange. 

Also apparently Kyogo is looking isolated, getting dragged deeper and not getting chances. 

lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Also apparently Kyogo is looking isolated, getting dragged deeper and not getting chances. 

lol

It's unreal, you can pretty much just replace the player names and it's exactly what you'd see on here over the past year or two.

I really don't think his hearts in it as surely he would make some effort to grow and evolve as a person and manager... but it's easy money for him I guess. Fail or succeed, he'll still get his money.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's unreal, you can pretty much just replace the player names and it's exactly what you'd see on here over the past year or two.

I really don't think his hearts in it as surely he would make some effort to grow and evolve as a person and manager... but it's easy money for him I guess. Fail or succeed, he'll still get his money.

He's an arrogant **** and doesn't realise he's the problem 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

He's an arrogant **** and doesn't realise he's the problem 

I just don't understand how a human can have the same problems for multiple years and still not realise that maybe they're the issue lol

Especially someone in his kind of job role.

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

It's not weird. It's an entirely different culture. Rangers and Celtic are expected to win every single game and are fans for every domestic trophy. The level of expectations and pressure are very different from here.much more akin to Ajax, Galatasaray or Benfica. 

Man City fans booed last year and everyone said how weird they were, including their own manager.

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I mentioned in the thread in Gen Sport that I don't think he is interested in it any more. Going through the motions coaching wise but loves the fame and money

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lol

Sub Ange for Ranieri/Pearson and Kyogo for Vardy and I'm pretty sure that's like 90% of Matts posts over the last 3 years.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

The amount of times I have heard/read in the media this season “how on earth did Leicester manage to go down with all those top players?”, yet those same people seem incapable of doing the simple mathematics of putting two and two together and pointing the finger at the person who managed them.

Weird.

The power of PR.

I swear he must have dirty info on some big media hitters, or he was channelling a chunky % of his exorbitant salary to them...

The only upside to Spurs looking like they might be decent this year, is that deep down Brendan knows he wanted that job but ended up being the replacement for the unfashionable choice bloke who got it and is back in a non-event of a league where even if he wins, noone cares.

16 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

The power of PR.

I swear he must have dirty info on some big media hitters, or he was channelling a chunky % of his exorbitant salary to them...

The only upside to Spurs looking like they might be decent this year, is that deep down Brendan knows he wanted that job but ended up being the replacement for the unfashionable choice bloke who got it and is back in a non-event of a league where even if he wins, noone cares.

Do you honestly believe he is so paranoid and protective of his brand that he has actually bribed or paid people in the media to censor criticism of him??

More likely is that there are several like Robbie Savage who have bleated on and on for years about what an “elite manager” he is and can’t bring themselves openly to face the evidence and truth and admit that they were wrong. Many journos and pundits are just as stubborn and blind to changing reality as certain managers are. And as protective of their reputation.

Edited by Hammo