Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Rodgers back to Celtic

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

Do you honestly believe he is so paranoid and protective of his brand that he has actually bribed or paid people in the media to censor criticism of him??

More likely is that there are several like Robbie Savage who have bleated on and on for years about what an “elite manager” he is and can’t bring themselves openly to face the evidence and truth and admit that they were wrong. Many journos and pundits are just as stubborn and blind to changing reality as certain managers are. 

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if there is/was some kind of value exchange going on, even if its not as explicit as a brown envelope of cash.

Because, as others have said & all bias aside, its so baffling the lack of critique of him.

Take your point on journos having nailed colours to the mast, but I'm sure there's plenty of examples of pundits etc  pivoting their position knowing they don't really get called out on it.

39 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Man City fans booed last year and everyone said how weird they were, including their own manager.

And it was, within the culture of English football but back to my point... the culture at the OF is not the same. 

20 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Before the Huddersfield match, Warnock said that we would still be in the Premier League if we hadn't sacked Rodgers. 

We'd of had more chance of still being In the prem if we'd of hired Warnock than continuing with Rogers.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

It is very rare that the mention of any past managers has drawn a response from me because in over 40 years of following our club the stewards that run the team come and go like players do……….however there are two that I despise more than any others due to their pure arrogance and incompetence …..Peter Taylor who systematically unpicked all of MON’s great work, created divides in the team, brought in poor players, tactics and ultimately took us back 10 years…….then there is BR who is the biggest fraud we have ever had and he fooled so many including the top people at the club - he is all about his own brand and no one will convince me that others would not have initial success as he inherited arguably the best squad in our history and what he did was nothing short of shambolic in the last 2 years of his tenure……we are lucky to have the owners we do as they recognise there mistakes and will back Enzo or whoever follows to put us back hopefully on the right track……I feel for Celtic fans as BR is probably the manager I despise more than any other as he was fundamentally responsible for the mess we are now righting!

How badly can you mess up Celtic? 2nd place and a couple of cup final defeats I'd suggest.

You have to admire somebody like Eddie Howe, at Bournemouth where the expectation was lower than Leicester. When they were relegated he stepped away, reflected on what didn't work out, and returned a lot higher up in the league with Newcastle. BR needs to do that to get anywhere near that level again, but he won't. Enzo hopefully is humble enough to reflect on the job, in order for the club to recover.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Do you honestly believe he is so paranoid and protective of his brand that he has actually bribed or paid people in the media to censor criticism of him??

More likely is that there are several like Robbie Savage who have bleated on and on for years about what an “elite manager” he is and can’t bring themselves openly to face the evidence and truth and admit that they were wrong. Many journos and pundits are just as stubborn and blind to changing reality as certain managers are. And as protective of their reputation.

Not bribed but certainly wined and dined

His subscription to the "neuro-linguistic programming" school of psychology means he will attempt to subtly manipulate people wherever he can in order to advance his own goals. Cosying up to fellow managers and pundits and getting all buddy-buddy with them, then feeding them distorted facts to further the narrative he wants to create.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

If Rodgers is deemed to have failed at Celtic then I can’t see a way back for him in the PL, unless it’s with a Luton type.

Hopefully not wishful thinking.

Well he is the most overrated manager I have ever seen, I think only now people know he is just a total lost cause at any level.