Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Rodgers back to Celtic

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Would love to phone into Savage and Sutton on 606 and see how they can engineer some way of supporting and excusing him.

Sutton will say Leicester have ruined Rogers and he should of stayed put, ignoring the fact that it actually did them a favour by getting Ange in.

Edited by Beachyboy

21 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Weird how I can feel so much contempt for someone who was manager when we won the FA Cup.

If he’d have been sacked when he should’ve been maybe it wouldn’t be this way.

Bit of a shame I can’t fvcking stand him.

Greedy man should of realised his stock would never get any higher than after that FA cup win and quit while ahead. He'd probably be Spurs possibly even Chelsea manager if he was a free agent after May 2021, an just waited. Leicester would also be in a better position.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KFS said:

Just on this… listened yesterday to savage try to praise LCFC for being top of the league and that weirdo Sutton started screaming about Norwich over the top of him. Been happening for 3 weeks consistently.

Man is an absolute child 

They are both terrible pundits and have passed their sell by date years ago . Utter garbage that a discussion show about the days football is hosted by these morons 

• Like 1

Its the old firm next week. 

Brendan has a decision to make weather he sticks with his principles (and very likely not win), or revert to a system that utilises the teams potential but doesn't conform to his beliefs. I would bet that Brendan would go for the latter for the old firm, and get his reprieve, and then start stinking their season out again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lfu said:

Not bribed but certainly wined and dined

His subscription to the "neuro-linguistic programming" school of psychology means he will attempt to subtly manipulate people wherever he can in order to advance his own goals. Cosying up to fellow managers and pundits and getting all buddy-buddy with them, then feeding them distorted facts to further the narrative he wants to create.

This is exactly what he does. I remember listening to a couple of journos on podcasts (on separate occasions) accidently letting slip the stuff they were saying was from Rodgers taking them out to dinner. And I think once when Simon Jordan and Jim White were talking White let slip Rodgers had told him on the phone.

These pundits are all failed managers or need his help for inside information. So he schmoozes them. They're probably so stupid they don't even realise they're being manipulated. That added to the fact their ego won't let them appear wrong.

Reading that Celtic forum is cathartic. It's actually dawning on some of them already why he's gone there. No chairman in the Premiership wants anything to do with him. He went back there cause he thought it would be an easy stepping stone. But all the same problems he had here are happening there: turgid football, struggles against a low block, injuries, no chances created and lame interviews. But now there's no real excuse.

In his own mind he's probably struggling; he believes his own bulls**t. Now there's nowhere for him and his ego to hide. Footballs moved on; I can't wait for the Old Firm Derby next week.

Edited by Guesty
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Its the old firm next week. 

Brendan has a decision to make weather he sticks with his principles (and very likely not win), or revert to a system that utilises the teams potential but doesn't conform to his beliefs. I would bet that Brendan would go for the latter for the old firm, and get his reprieve, and then start stinking their season out again.

He's a stubborn man but we all know where the pressure builds and he needs a result he'll change.

Then revert back to 'his way' immediately.

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

He's a stubborn man but we all know where the pressure builds and he needs a result he'll change.

Then revert back to 'his way' immediately.

Changing to win almost makes him more determined for his way to work. Winning that way next week might be even worse for the Celtic fans next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Changing to win almost makes him more determined for his way to work. Winning that way next week might be even worse for the Celtic fans next week.

Whist it sounds silly turning you nose up at winning, I still say that 'upturn in form', the few wins we had ahead of the World Cup were the worst thing that could have happened and prolonged the situation for even longer.

It was clear he altered his style to get a few wins but anyone who could see the bigger picture knew he'd resume to 'his way' and he duly did.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, erlee said:

image.png.43f083dd7543e6abc58ac475b04e84b3.png

I knew it'd unravel but I must admit I thought it'd happen a bit later than August 2023 lol I thought he'd at least get a few decent months out of this.

He's been properly found out. He's just not a very good manager. It's really that straight forward.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I think this Fraud may be found out this time?   He really is not a very good coach.  

The game has moved on its always evolving, he was a good coach from 2010-2021. He's always been poor at recruitment, the squad he leaves is usually worse than the one he inherits.