Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Conor Coady official

1 hour ago, Langston said:

I think you’re mishearing what I’m typing with lest-oh. But this is boring for everyone else!

No not for me, it’s not, this is therapy. Ever time I see lest-ah I say it in my head and wonder why it sounds nothing like what I say. For years I’ve been thinking my accent is wrong. lol 

7 hours ago, Pete from the USA said:

I was told we would probably sign a bunch of young people from lower leagues and rebuild from scratch. Conor Cody and Harry Winks? Those are marquee, Premier League players. How is this possible?

Remember we still have another 10-12 places to fill - i think they've just prioritised getting experienced players to build the team around and compliment those still at the club-

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Got a Wes Morgan feeling about this one 

Although Morgan was by far the worst interviewee in the history of the club, never has a man looked less keen than to morgan to be on camera-  so in that respect, completely different.

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

Remember we still have another 10-12 places to fill - i think they've just prioritised getting experienced players to build the team around and compliment those still at the club-

Absolutely. One thing that every single fan could see last season was that we had no spine whatsoever. This is a great start. 

4 hours ago, Langston said:

I thought it was me going insane. Lest-ah seems very West Midlands, just not how anyone in the city itself would ever pronounce it. I think it’s rubbish

Lestah to me sounds totally manc, or even cockney. so wrong.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We need a reliable captain and one that gets it. There's still a lot of bitterness and anger (from me anyway) and I need to forget about the worst relegation in PL history. I hope he can lead us, his persona is up there with the best out there, there's no doubt. Lovely bloke.

It feels like you're one young unknown prodigy away from the direction of your glass flipping.  Good stuff.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Feels good hey? 

Are you by any chance the poster formally known as lestah? If so, fair play  ;) and sorry, but it had to be said....

3 hours ago, Shamomoa said:

Surely its Lest-er..  pretty much how its spelt (Leicester) why would it be Leic-oh? (Lest- ooohhh) 🤣

Lester is how people from surrey pronounce it.

The problem is is that locally it's pronounced as a short o which is written as ŏ or in the phonetic alphabet probably ɒ - like the o in dog or october -  but you can't really write les-tɒ and expect people to know what it means. in isolation, yes,  oh is a long o like ohh in slow, but the t shortens it to toh like in toggle.

3 hours ago, Langston said:

I think you’re mishearing what I’m typing with lest-oh. But this is boring for everyone else!

Don't worry, i've cleared it all up :source:

He talks very well. Something we’ve been missing for at least 2 years. I don’t care if players get paid well but actually being proud/committed to the club is so refreshing. Watching some of our captains in the last two years take the piss over the last two has really hurt. Tielemans and ****ing Ndidi really stand out. However, he seems like someone who would accept a lack of effort. 

Never really paid attention to his career. But he was in the England squad 6 months ago. He was part of a decent Everton defence at the start of last season. If he had stayed in the PL, I don’t think it would’ve raised eyebrows. 

a defence of. Souttar and Coady with Justin and Perreira as full backs wouldn’t look out of place in the PL. 

2 hours ago, Iran said:

From the Sheffield United forum (who were also looking at signing Coady): https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/conor-coady.43077/post-4615517

Ngl, the infighting between their fans is pretty funny I've got to admit. :crylaugh:

Them balking at 7.5m for an experienced centre half is crazy. They’ll be down Poundland if that’s anything to go by 

1 minute ago, Finn Claw II said:

Would have preferred to pay closer to the fee Everton could have signed him for.

He’s a leader and that is desperately needed

It's been said a million times. Everton paid a huge loan fee up front. No real difference. 

Possibly Leicester’s best signing in years this one. At last, we’ve signed a player that ‘makes sense’, given where we are at now.

Coady is a natural leader and should do great at this level. Many Wolves fans are really disappointed he’s gone on a transfer.

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

It's been said a million times. Everton paid a huge loan fee up front. No real difference. 

Depends on perspectives though - Wolves have basically said they would accept another £4.5m in fees.

Yes we will pay the same amount as Everton would have but Wolves have made more out of selling to us rather than Everton.

Basically good negotiations by Wolves.