Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Conor Coady official

47 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I wonder if they were originally planning on announcing it now or if they had to bring it forward because some work experience kid doing Facebook Stories doesn't know how to save it as a draft lol

Oh well, Welcome Conor Coady!

Give him the armband

I genuinely think they did it to stop you getting the scoop lol.

Welcome Coady!

• Haha 2

EDIT - I initally thought 7.5m was us being ripped off considering Everton were offered him for 5m after his loan ended, however I missed the fact Everton paid an 8m loan fee. So I initally thought we were paying £7.5m for a player Everton could have got for just £5m. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Haha 1

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

7.5m is the figure right? He's worth that but we have had our pants pulled down here. Everton had an agreement to sign him for less than 5m from what I'd read and they considered his season a failure there. At 7.5m Coady will pay for himself multiple times over if we get promoted as he's a proper leader and we desperately need it, but financially we've been shafted here compared to Evertons agreement. 

Everton also paid a 8m loan fee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

7.5m is the figure right? He's worth that but we have had our pants pulled down here. Everton had an agreement to sign him for less than 5m from what I'd read and they considered his season a failure there. At 7.5m Coady will pay for himself multiple times over if we get promoted as he's a proper leader and we desperately need it, but financially we've been shafted here compared to Evertons agreement. 

2 to 3 mill isn't shafted IMO for what he brings. We could muck about with roma'ing the fee or get it done and move forward. 

9 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

...it has been mentioned numerous times on FT, that Everton paid a loan fee which would have offset the original value Wolves placed on him!!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

2 to 3 mill isn't shafted IMO for what he brings. We could muck about with roma'ing the fee or get it done and move forward. 

EDIT: 
I'd missed the astronomical loan fee that Everton paid, so yeah 7.5m is actually pretty good business with that in mind. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 2

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...it has been mentioned numerous times on FT, that Everton paid a loan fee which would have offset the original value Wolves placed on him!!!

Fair enough I've missed that then, this makes more sense. Even so, his season was very much below average for Everton. He's definitely worth it though, he brings what we need, leadership. 

Yeah I'd have happily paid the 7.5m for him completely agree with you. It's just typical Leicester City that a premier league team could have got him for 5m, he had a season that most Everton fans called an abject failure, but here comes relegated Leicester city paying 50% MORE for a player who failed last season, in a league below lol. It's not a huge amount in the grand scheme, it's just typical Leicester.

Everton was shambles. We were shambles. Everton fans also expect to be champions all the time so i suspect part of what they said might have merit but the system matters too. We know that with BR.

New lease on life is what he needs and us too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Everton was shambles. We were shambles. Everton fans also expect to be champions all the time so i suspect part of what they said might have merit but the system matters too. We know that with BR.

New lease on life is what he needs and us too.

Just to add, you replied to my comment before I could edit it as I missed the Fee Everton paid for the loan. He's 100% worth the 7.5m but I'd thought we had overpaid for him without the context of Evertons fee, edited the comment now!

Just to add, you replied to my comment before I could edit it as I missed the Fee Everton paid for the loan. He's 100% worth the 7.5m but I'd thought we had overpaid for him without the context of Evertons fee, edited the comment now!

no worries. I knew about that but forgot the exact details so couldnt bring it up without sounding like a knob....wait......i always sound like one lol

• Haha 1