Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Conor Coady official

I had fears for a time that the longer the rumours dragged on that this was going to turn into another Jack Harrison saga from last season re a last minute u turn but thankfully.... not! Two class signings on board now which as others have said well and truly puts down a marker at Championship level now. More's now the pity we didn't sign these sorts of players a year ago of course!

Got my scepticism over him as a player and the money involved but he’s a likeable guy and if he does turn out to be decent at this level he will likely become a fan favourite. 

If the club have got these 2 right and they are still able to perform at their best then i will happily give them credit. 

At the end of the day, if there’s still money in the transfer kitty for other key areas than it really doesn’t matter. 

What’s important is that we’ve got two key figures in the door early because we need the vocal experienced guys in the team to be fully up to speed with the maresca ways. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

What a bloody interview! 

Give him Rudkin's job as well as captain! 

yeah very good! He’s going to be very well liked by the squad and fans. 

one part of a winning team is the culture and feel good energy and coady brings that in abundance. 

Someone that brings people together… no more belgian clicks and english clicks.. we need a galvanized squad 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Lineker's Lugs said:

Seems our new recruitment policy is that players must have ten England caps.  Ray Parlour next in?

Or ten David Nugents in a trenchcoat 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Last new signings I can remember being captain, Clemence and Mills?! Wouldn’t count Morgan as I’m sure he wasn given armband until the following summer, after joining in the January.

I think Pearson bought him to be captain. He just needed time to get into shape. It was clever business at the time from Pearson. Buy him out of shape on the cheap, get him fit and the rest as they say, is history. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 2