Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Conor Coady official

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Buzzing.

Well happy.

The first signing I’ve been excited about in years! 

A player who loves a laugh but will stand for no shit! A leader and personality we’ve been crying out for years!

Straight in as captain for me.

This is what I like to see. Matt happy and excited by something.

And totally agree captain for me

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

7.5m is the figure right? He's worth that but we have had our pants pulled down here. Everton had an agreement to sign him for less than 5m from what I'd read and they considered his season a failure there. At 7.5m Coady will pay for himself multiple times over if we get promoted as he's a proper leader and we desperately need it, but financially we've been shafted here compared to Evertons agreement. 

Evertons 5M offer was part of a good will gesture for paying his wages, which i think were quite substantial

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

I was told we would probably sign a bunch of young people from lower leagues and rebuild from scratch. Conor Cody and Harry Winks? Those are marquee, Premier League players. How is this possible?

Coz we're #fearless obviously :whistle:

• Like 1

Just now, RumbleFox said:

What I’d give for that hairline. Fvck. Look at it. Fvck. I can’t even. 

IMG_0540.thumb.jpeg.9719fb7911657e371cb9ef1d017d36a3.jpeg

Never give in, dreams do come true, be Danny

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

He's quoted as having a market value of 12.5 on transfer markt....

Yeah he would be worth 12.5m IMO, the mistake I made was missing the fact Everton paid an 8m loan fee, I only saw that they had a buy option of 5m, so I thought we were being ripped off paying 7.5m, even though I think he's worth more than that, was my mistake.

He’s been praised numerous times for the way he presents himself to media, that interview proves why.

What a thoroughly likeable guy, exactly the kind of personality we needed after relegation.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Best of luck to him, he'll do very well for you IMO. 

I knew as soon as he gave his first interview you'd love him. He talks the talk as well as walks the walk. 

This is mega.

Too long have we either had players saying what we wanna hear without backing it up, talk is cheap or not talking at all.

• Like 3

OK I've just watched his full interview and I think i've got a man-crush. :wub: It's been years since anyone seemed as enthusiastic to be a Leicester player - he's surely the man to instill those values in the rest of the dressing room?

MAKE THIS GEEZER CAPTAIN, ENZO

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

That’s an amazing interview. Intelligent, articulate, passionate. Really like him a lot.

Also, and I know not everyone will see this as a big plus, the fact he actually stands for things (vocal supporter of the LGBTQ+ community) is a big thing to me. I want the players at our club to be good people as well as good players. I want to feel proud of them, and the football club, on all levels. Excited about this. Welcome Conor.

Respect for other humans whoever they are is important. It will mean he will ensure the plates get cleared from the table, unlike some of the slobs that have probably already left.