Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Conor Coady official

1 hour ago, Finn Claw II said:

Depends on perspectives though - Wolves have basically said they would accept another £4.5m in fees.

Yes we will pay the same amount as Everton would have but Wolves have made more out of selling to us rather than Everton.

Basically good negotiations by Wolves. 

We've paid the market rate for a good player basically. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yeah, I guess all the deaf people just have to make it all up as they view it, right? 

Usually on social media videos it’s rare subtitles are already placed on the video, there is normally an option where you can tap the cc icon to load them. 

You’re a bit highly strung - I bet you’re fun. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ClaphamNorthFox said:

Pleases me that we are building a core of British based players again and addressing the complete lack of dressing room direction of the last few years.

Odd comment to make, one doesn't really have to do anything with the other. Can have plenty of leadership and direction in non-British players, just so happens we didn't have any of them.

Not to mention the British based ones we had weren't exactly doing stellar jobs of leading looking at Evans especially

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bongo92 said:

Usually on social media videos it’s rare subtitles are already placed on the video, there is normally an option where you can tap the cc icon to load them. 

You’re a bit highly strung - I bet you’re fun. 

It's such a minor thing for you to have even brought up though lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

Depends on perspectives though - Wolves have basically said they would accept another £4.5m in fees.

Yes we will pay the same amount as Everton would have but Wolves have made more out of selling to us rather than Everton.

Basically good negotiations by Wolves. 

...an average loan would be £4m, add the requested fee agreed to be paid by Everton (£4.5m) and you have £8.5m!!!

If we are paying £8m then we are in the same ball park.

Should Wolves continue to loan him out over the next 3 seasons at £4m then they would have recouped more than his value and still have the asset (Coady) on their books where they could sell on to whoever. 

12 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Interesting to hear Coady say that coming to King Power Stadium was always a very hard and difficult place to go to. Perhaps trying to win over his new fans but could be some truth in it despite what we think. 

To be fair, Wolves record at our place is pretty awful in recent seasons so he probably does believe it's a tough place to go to.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if Coady and Winks would've signed for us had Enzo not been here and Dean Smith and Shakey had been retained instead from last season?! Unlikely! 

Edited by Guy

47 minutes ago, Guy said:

I'm wondering if Coady and Winks would've signed for us had Enzo not been here and Dean Smith and Shakey had been retained instead from last season?! Unlikely! 

Agreed. Said the same thing about Parker.

On 01/07/2023 at 15:46, fox_favourite said:

I think Pearson bought him to be captain. He just needed time to get into shape. It was clever business at the time from Pearson. Buy him out of shape on the cheap, get him fit and the rest as they say, is history. 

Lol... done the same thing with a few houses...and a coupla cars too! 🤣

7 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Odd comment to make, one doesn't really have to do anything with the other. Can have plenty of leadership and direction in non-British players, just so happens we didn't have any of them.

Not to mention the British based ones we had weren't exactly doing stellar jobs of leading looking at Evans especially

You mistake my point, I meant that our British players were piss heads, and that when the going got tough they were nowhere to be seen. Then add the Belgian clique, etc. 

I disagree with your evans point, as he was injured for most of the season you can’t really point the finger at him. 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/leicester-citys-deal-for-conor-coady-raises-big-concerns-over-summer-business-opinion/

The link if people want to read in full. 

My take is, who of you Debbie Downer's on here wrote that?!! 

Apart from not understanding that Everton's 'To buy' option of £4.5 million was partly due to a loan fee they also paid up front, the rest of the article is also incredibly negative at every turn. 

Hope Coady proves him wrong! I still think this is a good signing and gives us something that we haven't had since Kasper left, a leader! 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/leicester-citys-deal-for-conor-coady-raises-big-concerns-over-summer-business-opinion/

The link if people want to read in full. 

My take is, who of you Debbie Downer's on here wrote that?!! 

Apart from not understanding that Everton's 'To buy' option of £4.5 million was partly due to a loan fee they also paid up front, the rest of the article is also incredibly negative at every turn. 

Hope Coady proves him wrong! I still think this is a good signing and gives us something that we haven't had since Kasper left, a leader! 

It also bizarrely suggests he's not a PL calibre player despite having 174 PL appearances (not to mention 12 UEL appearances).

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

It also bizarrely suggests he's not a PL calibre player despite having 174 PL appearances (not to mention 12 UEL appearances).

and also ignoring the fact that we will indeed be a Championship club for the next 12 months (maybe longer...) 

I like articles that are balanced, where they write about the pros and cons of a signing. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Interesting to hear Coady say that coming to King Power Stadium was always a very hard and difficult place to go to. Perhaps trying to win over his new fans but could be some truth in it despite what we think. 

Or because Wolves have never beaten us at the KP?

On 02/07/2023 at 00:56, Lillehamring said:

Although Morgan was by far the worst interviewee in the history of the club, never has a man looked less keen than to morgan to be on camera-  so in that respect, completely different.

More attributes and potential impact - not Morgan's IQ