Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Trafford

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We won’t get much for iverson from the championship (1.5m max I reckon) 

we’d get more selling as a no 2 to a bottom half PL club 

I was thinking a couple of mill so yeah, in there ballpark. 

I’d still rather we sold him to another Championship side though so that he can kick start his career again. 

Didn’t realise he was 6’6”, I do like a tall keeper. Always felt like Kasper was a couple of inches (ironically, also the distance he came off his line for corners!) off getting a move to one of the real top clubs.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Didn’t realise he was 6’6”, I do like a tall keeper. Always felt like Kasper was a couple of inches (ironically, also the distance he came off his line for corners!) off getting a move to one of the real top clubs.

I also think that was the beauty of us being able to keep hold of Kasper though. 

he was world class in some aspects but had major flaws in others, and that’s just not good enough for top clubs. Teams battling to get in Europe and being around 5th/6th was his level in the English league. That suited us because we were never going to be able to get better than that but we had a very very good goalkeeper for such a long time.

• Like 2

Let’s not forget that Enzo was part of the Man City team who will have scouted and prepped to play against us last season, so will be very aware of our weaknesses.

”Boss, what kind of shots do you recommend I take to beat the Leicester keeper?”

”Just on target should suffice”

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

When’s the U21 Euros finish? 

The final is on Saturday 8th July

I imagine he would then have a week or so off?

We sort a deal in the week he is off and he joins us just in time to start against Northampton :thumbup:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The final is on Saturday 8th July

I imagine he would then have a week or so off?

We sort a deal in the week he is off and he joins us just in time to start against Northampton :thumbup:

Oh just get the deal done now, I can’t wait that long, especially with how Twitter is now haha

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm not kidding, I'd sack him on the spot if he does so. 

No sane person would ever select Ward. 

I’d say it’s 50/50 atm 

maresca won’t have preconceptions and I expect will use the pre season friendlies to decide which keeper suits his style best (from which ones are still here )

he will come at it from an angle where he doesn’t expect his keeper to be too busy in games 

Edited by st albans fox

13 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Apart from being so slow at releasing the ball (and awful when he eventually does), the goals he conceded at Fulham bother me. He also seems quiet and not an organiser of the defence like Kasper and the great goalkeepers are.

Wouldn't disagree with that but relatively young and thrown into an absolute joke of a team at the highest level. Deserves the chance to flourish here which he'd surely do in the championship 

19 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Trafford long term will be far superior to Steffen. It really is a no brainer 

if we're buying Trafford sure but a loan? I'd rather go for Steffan

21 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

if we're buying Trafford sure but a loan? I'd rather go for Steffan

It's a possibility that we could even loan Trafford for multiple seasons

This year in championship and hopefully IF we get promoted again next year in Premier League.

Man City would be more than happy with that as Trafford is only 20 years old and in a team hopefully with the right footballing philosophy with the previous Enzo connection.

Like I've said previously. Trafford will be a far better keeper than Steffen either in a purchase or loan capacity.

Steffen is injured and won't be able to hit the ground running until at least November/December.