Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Soumare to Napoli?

8 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

He played ok under Smith?

For the championship, he would be a level above. Why not keep him?

He would not be a level above, he is one of the worst players to ever wear the shirt. I'd rather have Hughes or Williams in than Soumare. 

Guest Sideshow Faes

I have never, ever seen any other midfielder literally watch an opponent go past him with the ball and not make even the slightest attempt to challenge or get back. Just watched them waltz by and pretty much walked back watching. Never want to see him in a city shirt again.

54 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

If we can recoup £35m-£40m for Castagne, Soumare and Daka then I think we’ve got to be happy with that. It should be the target at least.

So long as its a flexible target and if its clear its not going to happen swiftly (and thereby hamper incoming deals) then we need to drop expectations and get them moved on quickly, even if its for a sub-optimal fee.

Getting promoted or not could be a 9-figure difference next season (and compounding for future seasons) - I'm not saying we should just roll over but if we're stubborn over £2-5m here and there then we could really stitch ourselves up.

Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be how the club operates lately...

2 hours ago, Rigga said:

Because he’s shite mate…

and anyone that thinks he isn’t…hasn’t watched the games the past 2 years..

Bit harsh, I would suggest he had 1 in 3 to 4 OK (not good) games, but in mind of where he came from (champions), what we paid, what he earns and his inability to be part of keeping us up, best to go.

An inability to sprint back when you have been passed was criminal, and seeing him a fair bit seemed to have a low football IQ.

IF his fee enables us to find a better piece for the jigsaw, it was the right move, same with Daka.

It just hasn't worked for them here sadly BUT there has been a lot of that over the last 4-5 years, we get about 1 in 3-4 transfers right, not a good score really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Bouba is unaware of his surroundings so badly he would be an impairment to Enzo's system I reckon. The slowness of Rodgers play I could and hoped to see him do well in, but under Enzo, no chance

Exacly this. He's not quick enough in the feet or the brain to fit what Enzo wants to do here. Enzo wants quick pass and move football to open up gaps and play our way through teams. How on earth is Soumare going to adapt to that?

To be honest, I'm struggling to see how or where he would fit into any system. He's not a destroyer like Kante or Ndidid in his prime, he doesn't protect the defence, he doesn't look up to pick out a killer pass, he doesn't get anywhere near the oppo box enough to have attempts at goal. All I can remember him doing is receive the ball, panic, and look to offload it to the nearest blue shirt - even if that put a team mate in trouble and was the worst possible option. 

A shame, but he needs to go for his sake, and the clubs. 

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Or you probably watched it with a mind already made up. Firstly he was never played in his right position or to his strengths under Rodgers. He's not a defensive midfielder or a box to box player who will score goals as the dunderhead Rodgers suggested he could turn him into. As a young homesick player with allegedly issues back home it's no wonder he didn't shine under that regime, in fact nobody did in fairness and that's why we were relegated. 

Therefore, his limited performances did, I agree, look poor. However, latterly under Smith, I felt that he improved greatly when used properly for a limited time. In fact he, with a couple of others, were our better players, certainly better than Tielemans and Maddison! He did have some fight in him and he did bust a gut to get back under Smith. 

Whether he'd fit into what Maresca wants to do I wouldn't know. It's probably academic anyway as my guess is he just wants to get away. Under Rodgers I wouldn't have judged anyone wanting away as his stewardship and the way he spoke about his players amongst other things would have been depressing to live with. The damage Rodgers did is multi faceted and runs deep. 

Some players have allegedly said that they now want to stay under Maresca and his 'vision'. If so that's great, though you could also read that nobody else wants them or will pay them the same money. At the end of a day, it's just a job for most of them realistically, they're not supporters! If Soumare wants to go good luck to him because like certain other players, Iheanacho, Daka and Under for example, Rodgers, imo, almost set them up to fail. Whoever stays we need commitment to the cause now but I can forsee considerable dead wood remaining. 

Our start however, albeit disjointed is very promising and has the potential to blossom very quickly with another couple of incomings, particularly young Casadei but he's just a kid and patience will be required by some on here. I think he's going to be a special player in the future though doubtfully for us longer term. It will be good to witness his journey. 

made mind up after watching g him the first season… doesnt spot  any danger..slow to react to runners… 

no awareness whatsoever…

2nd season… exactly the same.would only get back when runner had already gone..

tell us all what we are missing ?

7 hours ago, The boy Linacre said:

Bit harsh, I would suggest he had 1 in 3 to 4 OK (not good) games, but in mind of where he came from (champions), what we paid, what he earns and his inability to be part of keeping us up, best to go.

An inability to sprint back when you have been passed was criminal, and seeing him a fair bit seemed to have a low football IQ.

IF his fee enables us to find a better piece for the jigsaw, it was the right move, same with Daka.

It just hasn't worked for them here sadly BUT there has been a lot of that over the last 4-5 years, we get about 1 in 3-4 transfers right, not a good score really.

A CM that doesn’t score… assist… boss the midfield.. and more importantly doesn’t want to run back towards his own goal 

not much going for him eh 

I can’t accept that Lille won ligue 1 with him in the midfield if he is so crap 

I do think that he has a concentration issue and I also believe that the PL is tactically more astute than the French league and PL opposition coaches played on his shortcomings where they deliberately made a couple of short passes to draw Bouba out, knowing that he’d lose his runner 

(the Spartak one was straightforward lack of concentration )

4 hours ago, Simmo86 said:

No chance 

He’s right up there considering the fee we paid for him. Directly responsible for our relegation as we were so poor in that centre mid area and he was the worst of a bad bunch. 

5 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

🤔

George Armstrong 

Roger Davies

Dennis Wise

Junior Lewis

Ade Akinbiyi

Jack Curtis

Martin Keown

Dion Dublin 

Rachid Ghezzal 

Islam Slimani 

Adrien Silva

…without trying!

He’s worse than most of those. 

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes
18 minutes ago, Rigga said:

made mind up after watching g him the first season… doesnt spot  any danger..slow to react to runners… 

no awareness whatsoever…

2nd season… exactly the same.would only get back when runner had already gone..

tell us all what we are missing ?

It's bizarre that we have fans that will slag off tielemans for being amongst our best ever midfielders at his peak, but just not being able to stay at that peak, but they'll continue backing Daka and Soumare based on what they did for their former clubs, despite watching 2 years of them failing game after game in a city shirt.

Guest Sideshow Faes
5 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

🤔

George Armstrong 

Roger Davies

Dennis Wise

Junior Lewis

Ade Akinbiyi

Jack Curtis

Martin Keown

Dion Dublin 

Rachid Ghezzal