Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Soumare to Napoli?

Napoli interested, not sure on the source?

https://www.footmercato.net/a3162684731547219902-mercato-naples-veut-faire-le-joli-coup-boubakary-soumare

According to our information, Napoli are very interested in the idea of recovering him. Rudi Garcia is crazy about the player whose profile he appreciates. Very positive talks have already taken place about him and the 2023 Italian champions have made it known that they are interested in signing him. A club with which he could play on all fronts. Another resident of Serie A to be on the spot: the Torino . No doubt other clubs will come forward for the player under contract until 2026. It will however remain to know the asking price of Leicester, who are known to be tough in business.

• Haha 3

Did someone mention that he did want a move away? It would be a shame to lose him, as I reckon Maresca could make a real player out of him.

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Another Italian club who'll pay in installments over 38 years. **** that.

Napoli aren't Torino though. And they've just sold Min-Jae to Bayern for £30m+. Not like they're lacking cash.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

another team who will try and massively low ball us, i await them offering £9mil for him and paying over 15 years

It will be a loan with no obligation to buy. Tell them to GFT.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Everyone talks like he's trash, I saw someone saying the other day that he wasn't good enough for Sunday League (😂) but at the end of the day, he was a huge part of Lille's success and I think a mixture of homesickness and the general toxic environment at this club has stalled his career.

Fully expect him to be one of those who go on somewhere else and have a decent career.

The intensity of the Prem looked like it was the issue. The slower pace of the game in Italy might suit him. There's definitely a good player there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Everyone talks like he's trash, I saw someone saying the other day that he wasn't good enough for Sunday League (😂) but at the end of the day, he was a huge part of Lille's success and I think a mixture of homesickness and the general toxic environment at this club has stalled his career.

Fully expect him to be one of those who go on somewhere else and have a decent career.

Agreed. There's precedent as well for Soumare-type players to go on and have good careers in Italy. Look at Bakayoko and Anguissa, both heavily criticised in England but then played for Milan and Napoli in successful sides.

One of the reasons I liked the profile of the Soumare signing was he was 22 and had just played as a regular for a side that had beat PSG to the title. Even when these signings somewhat fail these players still have decent reputations and you can get a good percentage of your money back.

Monaco bid €15m for him last year and I'd expect we would get a similar fee from Napoli. Rudi Garcia was manager of Lyon when Lille won the title so I imagine he quite rated him and judges him for his performance for Lille rather than Leicester.

These profile signings are much better than signing mid to late 20's players who are nothing special but adequate like Vestergaard, Praet, Ghezzal, Ward, etc.

• Like 4

Napoli seem to like getting centre mids who have previously shown to be crap in the Prem

Bakayoko, Anguissa, Ndombele and now Soumare - Anguissa is the only one who following a loan they signed permanently

They just got some decent money for Kim Min-Jae so hopefully they try for a permanent deal rather than a loan

Or at least make it an obligation to buy

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

One of the reasons I liked the profile of the Soumare signing was he was 22 and had just played as a regular for a side that had beat PSG to the title. Even when these signings somewhat fail these players still have decent reputations and you can get a good percentage of your money back.

Monaco bid €15m for him last year and I'd expect we would get a similar fee from Napoli. Rudi Garcia was manager of Lyon when Lille won the title so I imagine he quite rated him and judges him for his performance for Lille rather than Leicester.

These profile signings are much better than signing mid to late 20's players who are nothing special but adequate like Vestergaard, Praet, Ghezzal, Ward, etc.

IMG_3421.jpeg.7bdc0a9405efece9b25794b363990a52.jpegIMG_3422.thumb.jpeg.8f203b232b655496118c7c05615e5ae2.jpeg

• Haha 1

Rudi Garcia likely knows him from his time working in Ligue 1 on and off.

Napoli aren't as much of a shit house when it comes to signings as some Seria A teams. Hopefully get a decent fee for him, they will have earnt a fair amount for winning Serie A.

• Like 1

Even if it's £10m, sell, sell, sell. We already had our fingers burnt trying to hold out for more. He'll still be on big money, he's a saleable asset and he'll never be the player we wanted him to be.

• Like 3