Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Soumare to Napoli?

Guest Sideshow Faes
1 hour ago, Fuch Me Moore said:

I've heard the media team are working on a departure video of him leaving Seagrave. 

If he moves as slowly leaving as he does tracking back it's gonna take some time to make

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

He played ok under Smith?

For the championship, he would be a level above. Why not keep him?

He had about as many good games as Tete.  He wouldn’t be a level above at all. Would be fighting Junior Lewis for a place in our worst 11. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Viva said:

He had about as many good games as Tete.  He wouldn’t be a level above at all. Would be fighting Junior Lewis for a place in our worst 11. 

I think to be fair that is a bit too harsh. He had many more good games compared to Tete (only his debut). It may be more style, but I didn’t think he was as bad as some think he is. The way he can carry the ball with opposition players bouncing off him was fun to watch. He can pass forward too. It is all about value I suppose. If he is going to be wasted sitting on the bench in the Championship, then we may as well sell him. My point is though that we cannot find someone of his calibre who would play in the Championship. For players we can get instead, we need to expect they are not as good.  The question is more about  value and what price we are willing to pay to get us back to the PL at the end of the season. Nothing is guaranteed of course, but I say the more we get rid of our existing squad, which was expensive to assemble but managed poorly by Rodgers, the harder it will be for us to have a squad that is superior to the other teams in the Championship.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 4

Just now, Tom12345 said:

I think to be fair that is a bit too harsh. He had many more good games compared to Tete (only his debut). It may be more style, but I didn’t think he was as bad as some think he is. The way he can carry the ball with opposition players bouncing off him was fun to watch. He can pass forward too. It is all about value I suppose. If he is going to be wasted sitting on the bench in the Championship, then we may as well sell him. My point is though that we cannot someone with his calibre who would play in the Championship. For players we can get instead, we need to expect they are not as good.  The question is more about  value and what price we are willing to pay to get us back to the PL at the end of the season. Nothing is guaranteed of course, but I say the more we get rid of our existing squad, which was expensive to assemble but managed poorly by Rodgers, the harder it will be for us to have a squad that is superior to the other teams in the Championship.

If we can’t find a player that can do better for us than Soumare, then we have a real problem with recruitment.
I don’t care if he goes somewhere else and turns into a world beater. The fact if the matter is though that he has been pretty terrible for us. We can certainly upgrade our squad by selling him and finding a replacement. 

I'm not doubting he has some talent as a footballer, but the one thing you can't change is his brain and unfortunately that doesn't react quick enough to situations. From the many games I've seen him play he is reactive, rather than proactive and that often means he is playing catch up. I've mentioned it before he has zero understanding of his role in the type of system that he has been asked to play. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Because he’s shite mate…

and anyone that thinks he isn’t…hasn’t watched the games the past 2 years..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Because if the rumours are true then he's one of the players that has told the club that he doesn't want to play in the Championship. Clearly not one of the six. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

I'm not doubting he has some talent as a footballer, but the one thing you can't change is his brain and unfortunately that doesn't react quick enough to situations. From the many games I've seen him play he is reactive, rather than proactive and that often means he is playing catch up. I've mentioned it before he has zero understanding of his role in the type of system that he has been asked to play. 

I have to say you're spot on there. 

Also, doesn't have the sheer will to run back and challenge or re establish his position

With him and Youri in the middle of the park at the end of last season you could drive a coach and horses through our midfield at times - Both were shocking in my view 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I have to say you're spot on there. 

Also, doesn't have the sheer will to run back and challenge or re establish his position

With him and Youri in the middle of the park at the end of last season you could drive a coach and horses through our midfield at times - Both were shocking in my view 

All this will be noted by any prospective buyer of course , so along with his very high pay , he is unsellable. Not really worth discussing anymore.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

All this will be noted by any prospective buyer of course , so along with his very high pay , he is unsellable. Not really worth discussing anymore.

Yes, you are right, however, I think the style of play in some leagues like Italy, France and maybe Turkey will suit his limited skill set better. Let's hope so anyway.

For all the moaning about negativity in the fanbase I have to say we have some fans with an extraordinary capacity for forgiveness. 

People saying Soumare played well under Smith - what so he affected games did he? Assists, goals, goal-saving tackles? I’m sorry but to my eyes he managed to lower  expectations so far, we were tempted to go to the standing ovation if he so much as received a pass, controlled it, and managed to pass it on in some vaguely progressive way. I cant recall a single game in which he has been a force for the whole 90 minutes and I cant remember a single game in which he has had any bearing on the result. For a central midfielder that is wholly unacceptable. 

59 appearances , no goals, no assists. 

Please someone, take him off our hands…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Didn't Rodgers talk him into stay?

...I  do not believe that Rodgers rated him and he was not a player that he wanted to bring in!!!

Soumare came out and said that he wanted to have another season here, we could not offload last season, so we had to utilise him in some capacity.

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

It’s been reported he doesn’t want to be here. That’s more than enough reason for Enzo to get rid. Same reason Castagne isn’t getting game time. 

1 hour ago, Rigga said:

Because he’s shite mate…

and anyone that thinks he isn’t…hasn’t watched the games the past 2 years..

Or you probably watched it with a mind already made up. Firstly he was never played in his right position or to his strengths under Rodgers. He's not a defensive midfielder or a box to box player who will score goals as the dunderhead Rodgers suggested he could turn him into. As a young homesick player with allegedly issues back home it's no wonder he didn't shine under that regime, in fact nobody did in fairness and that's why we were relegated. 

Therefore, his limited performances did, I agree, look poor. However, latterly under Smith, I felt that he improved greatly when used properly for a limited time. In fact he, with a couple of others, were our better players, certainly better than Tielemans and Maddison! He did have some fight in him and he did bust a gut to get back under Smith. 

Whether he'd fit into what Maresca wants to do I wouldn't know. It's probably academic anyway as my guess is he just wants to get away. Under Rodgers I wouldn't have judged anyone wanting away as his stewardship and the way he spoke about his players amongst other things would have been depressing to live with. The damage Rodgers did is multi faceted and runs deep. 

Some players have allegedly said that they now want to stay under Maresca and his 'vision'. If so that's great, though you could also read that nobody else wants them or will pay them the same money. At the end of a day, it's just a job for most of them realistically, they're not supporters! If Soumare wants to go good luck to him because like certain other players, Iheanacho, Daka and Under for example, Rodgers, imo, almost set them up to fail. Whoever stays we need commitment to the cause now but I can forsee considerable dead wood remaining. 

Our start however, albeit disjointed is very promising and has the potential to blossom very quickly with another couple of incomings, particularly young Casadei but he's just a kid and patience will be required by some on here. I think he's going to be a special player in the future though doubtfully for us longer term. It will be good to witness his journey. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2