Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Soumare to Napoli?

1 hour ago, brookfox said:

Apparently he was so desperate to leave he started running to Sevilla on the day we were relegated. He was last spotted just south of Wigston.

That's about two strides for Vesty. But would have still taken him as long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, wokinghamfox said:

I'm struggling to remember when he ever played a decent game for us. We just don't need him, in fact, he has become a financial liability. 

He definitely has had decent games for us, especially towards the end of last season.

He's just not suited to the English game and even more so when Brenda played him out of position. 

28 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair to the club, he had just won Ligue 1 with LOSC Lille at the age of 22 and also had a Europa campaign.

One was playing in the Ecuadorian league, the other in Ligue 1 and just won it. Your gonna pay more for one than the other.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

With a different manager handling his development, we may have had a better outcome. Like a number of players he has been missed managed. 

That’s where I completely disagree.

Why did other clubs not take that punt on Soumare then?

I will take a stab in the dark and suggest it was most likely due to their scouting reports highlighting his faults/concerns at adapting to the PL physicality and his silly wages! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair to the club, he had just won Ligue 1 with LOSC Lille at the age of 22 and also had a Europa campaign.

One was playing in the Ecuadorian league, the other in Ligue 1 and just won it. Your gonna pay more for one than the other.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

With a different manager handling his development, we may have had a better outcome. Like a number of players he has been missed managed. 

You're absolutely right he had won a title, and hindsight etc.

But did he not get homesick for 1??

In the end £80K+ per week, should have been £40/50k, still would have been plenty more than his previous contract and he had a desire IF Brendan had played him (and he should have been bothered enough for Brendan to make him undroppable).  Bonused jobs are a great incentive, his incentive should have been getting to £80k per week and been heavily involved in keeping us up.

If Leicester fans seem to point any question mark at him, its his effort.... That should be a given, non negotiable.

Edited by The boy Linacre

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

There comes a time where you just have to cut your losses. Just take anything half reasonable. Get his wages off the books.

Maresca clearly doesn't want anything to do with him. 

This dude makes the Adrian Silva signing look like an astute piece of long term investment. 

Soumaré is peak Tielemans compared to Adrian Silva. Pound for pound I think Silva is our worst ever signing. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

That’s where I completely disagree.

Why did other clubs not take that punt on Soumare then?

I will take a stab in the dark and suggest it was most likely due to their scouting reports highlighting his faults/concerns at adapting to the PL physicality and his silly wages! 

How do you know they didn't?

Maybe they did, but he chose to club to a club that had just finished 5th in the PL?

Just now, coolhandfox said:

How do you know they didn't?

Maybe they did, but he chose to club to a club that had just finished 5th in the PL?

Which is why that in itself should have been the attraction.

Not overpaying like we have done for too many years now.

I don’t think you or @JimJams are understanding my posts - Soumare AND Caicedo with no PL experience are risks but we opted for the much more expensive one and it hasn’t worked out - like 85% of our signings since winning the PL.

I’m merely stating that our recruitment of Soumare like many others were risks that didn’t fit our previous model or that of the Brighton one that I compared it to.

1 hour ago, The boy Linacre said:

You're absolutely right he had won a title, and hindsight etc.

But did he not get homesick for 1??

In the end £80K+ per week, should have been £40/50k, still would have been plenty more than his previous contract and he had a desire IF Brendan had played him (and he should have been bothered enough for Brendan to make him undroppable).  Bonused jobs are a great incentive, his incentive should have been getting to £80k per week and been heavily involved in keeping us up.

If Leicester fans seem to point any question mark at him, its his effort.... That should be a given, non negotiable.

How can you guess if a player is going to be home sick or not? 

Maybe we had competition for his signature and had to pay those wages to secure him?

Bonus related payment are great, until the competition for a player signature offer straight money.

I not saying he's not been a bad signing, but there is a lot of hindsight been thrown around.

• Like 1

Just now, SafewayFox said:

Which is why that in itself should have been the attraction.

Not overpaying like we have done for too many years now.

I don’t think you or @JimJams are understanding my posts - Soumare AND Caicedo with no PL experience are risks but we opted for the much more expensive one and it hasn’t worked out - like 85% of our signings since winning the PL.

I’m merely stating that our recruitment of Soumare like many others were risks that didn’t fit our previous model or that of the Brighton one that I compared it to.

How do you know we were over paying?

Maybe some offered him the same or more?

How did he not fit the model?

Young, French doing well in the French league? 

I could be talking about Fofana or Soumare? 

So you didn't like the Fofana transfer when we brought him?

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

How do you know we were over paying?

Maybe some offered him the same or more?

How did he not fit the model?

Young, French doing well in the French league? 

I could be talking about Fofana or Soumare? 

So you didn't like the Fofana transfer when we brought him?

So you genuinely believe that RL are wrong when Matt Piper (who has much closer connections to the club/players than you or I) and an ex pro’s comments on our situation and says that we can’t move players on because WE are paying our squad players too much money?

43 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

So you genuinely believe that RL are wrong when Matt Piper (who has much closer connections to the club/players than you or I) and an ex pro’s comments on our situation and says that we can’t move players on because WE are paying our squad players too much money?

But it's hindsight, what did they say when we signed Soumare?

You go back an find the thread when he signed and see how many people thought he was a good signing.

No one is arguing it didn't work out, but a lot of people are talking in hindsight, being smart after the event.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

But it's hindsight, what did they say when we signed Soumare?

You go back an find the thread when he signed and see how many people thought he was a good signing.

No one is arguing it didn't work out, but a lot of people are talking in hindsight, being smart after the event.

I think you’re missing the point that I’m making.

Our wage bill has been spiraling out of control for years and Soumare was a very big risk, which I understand every transfer is.

However, my gripe about Soumare and many other recent signings is our awful control of the aforementioned wage bill.

So no, it’s not a hindsight or “smart” comment, more a frustration that we’ve got ourselves into this situation.