Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
syston_fox

New kit designs revealed

The poor sales was absolutely to do with the 1 year cycle. The kit itself wasn't too bad, especially compared with some of the kits other clubs have. This years sales will be worse cos it ain't out until mid-summer so by then they'll have missed half the main sales period i.e. people buying them for the summer holidays. If it's a 1 year deal (which as we all know it shouldn't be) then it needs to be on sale already. The useless tossers haven't got a clue.

The main way they are going to get good sales is to design a good kit that people want to wear, get it out for summer and wear it over two seasons. The Ricey kit was really nice (although I wasn't keen on the broad stripes on the front), and by far the best of the six.

The pin stripe shirt is absolutely minging (and though I remember one of the designs was even worse). If it ends up looking anything like the design only people with no shame would wear it, regardless of whether it was a 1, 2 or 5 year cycle.

As for the voting, why shouldn't duplicates count? All the club want is their share of the proceeds for the costs of texting in. They obviously had no intention of using the votes. If only 20 people or whatever texted then that's the clubs fault. They should still publish the results. It's just like the questionnaire when the club promised results would be published and all they did was print a vague article which basically twisted the results to however they wanted them!

I totally agree with everything you've said there.

It's just like the questionnaire when the club promised results would be published and all they did was print a vague article which basically twisted the results to however they wanted them!

The full survey results did become available however, as the Trust went to the considerable effort of re-typing them all & then publishing in a series of articles which can be accessed from the links below:

Part 11 http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php...article&sid=426

Part 10 http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php...article&sid=422

Part 9 http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php...article&sid=420

Part 8 (with access to Parts 1-7 http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php...article&sid=416

Why should the club not try and make money? It's a business and if it tried not to make any revenue we would be stuck. Why don't you go and be a supporter of the bakruptm club. You forget what state the club was in you self-important fools. How about you do something useful and get your bucket and start raising some money instead of advising the club what to do. They are paid to do that not you and if you were in charge then maybe we would have to sell all our players instead of selling shirts, which would you prefer? :mad:

We were against this in terms of value for the fans AND cash generation for the club. Here are our members survey results published in late April 05 before the kits went on sale:

Survey results part 1 http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php...article&sid=442

Survey results part 2 http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php...article&sid=443

As can clearly be seen less than 1 fan in 10 was happy with a one year cycle. Around half stated they wouldn't buy a kit while a one year cycle was in existance. So potential sales are halved, then with less selling time span the price gets reduced, which happened a number of times through this season.

Overall effect - less sales & certainly less profit.

We agree a new kit is required each summer, but that is achieved by alternating home & away kits. Now come Christmas all remaining kits will only have a few months left, so it isn't a good buy.

We also fear longer term that fans will get out of there previous buying cycle, whether it was every year (home & away) or every other year. Those fans may now be used to wearing out of date kit & not bother to buy new again in future (or certainly not at full price)

We try to give balance to our website articles, here is sone of what our members said when replying to the survey back in 05

views http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php...article&sid=424

more views http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php...article&sid=428

In summary it was a bad commercial decision.

Not that questionnaire!! I mean the recent one about swapping the Kop with the family end.
It was published in an article on the web site, and I don't see how the results could have been twisted. The majority of respondents did not want a switch, whether you agree with it or not.

If you (and anyone else for that matter) feel so strongly about it, then do something about it. As far as the club are concerned, the majority don't want it, and if you know differently, you have to let the club know. If you want "Fan Power", you can't sit around waiting for something to happen.

It was published in an article on the web site, and I don't see how the results could have been twisted. The majority of respondents did not want a switch, whether you agree with it or not.

If you (and anyone else for that matter) feel so strongly about it, then do something about it. As far as the club are concerned, the majority don't want it, and if you know differently, you have to let the club know. If you want "Fan Power", you can't sit around waiting for something to happen.

Can we have a Red Card vote on it? :P

Can we have a Red Card vote on it? :P

It has been asked, but funnily enough they decided it would be too complicated to do. :S

It has been asked, but funnily enough they decided it would be too complicated to do. :S

More like they probably know what the answer would be and couldnt be arsed with all the complaints from those who are dead against it and then implementing the switch itself.

Its so difficult to put your card up for a yes or no answer isnt it? :dunno:

More like they probably know what the answer would be and couldnt be arsed with all the complaints from those who are dead against it and then implementing the switch itself.

Its so difficult to put your card up for a yes or no answer isnt it? :dunno:

Especially when they are already in your hand having just done the no smoking vote, perhaps they didn't want to risk the chance of someone suing them for causing stress, after all two decisions to make in one go is far too much for your average footy fan.

Pie or Beer ummmm, it's just too much in one go.

The whole create a kit has been a fiasco to be honest. The club should have designed a kit and then stuck with that one, like has been done for as long as I can remember!

Or if they've got 2 kits to chose from, they should have had a vote at the last home game of the season (i.e. different colour cards to hold up) and then got a winner that way.

Especially when they are already in your hand having just done the no smoking vote, perhaps they didn't want to risk the chance of someone suing them for causing stress, after all two decisions to make in one go is far too much for your average footy fan.

Pie or Beer ummmm, it's just too much in one go.

Bless us ay. I dunno you get treated like a kid and you end up acting like one.

This may have been asked before, but whats going on with all this kit business? have they decided on one of them, if so which one. also whens the final design/pictures being released of an actual kit?

Who knows, it's all been a bit of a mess.

As far as I know the kit will be unveiled at the end of June.

I know there was an article on the website, but it didn't give the results of the questionnaire. As I said, there was a vague summary which looked suspiciously predictable.

For example, from memory it said that around 60% of the fans preferred the recorded rather than live (i.e. Henry) Post Horn Gallop. Bearing in mind Henry had (thankfully) recently been sacked, they wanted to justify it with the results, but they failed to mention that there were 3 options which were 1) Henry 2) Original recorded version, 3) New recorded version. To get the results they conveniently grouped together the votes for options 2 and 3. Maybe Henry got the most votes when looking at the 3 seperately, maybe he didn't. The results weren't published (as promised) so we'll never know. Personally I couldn't stand Henry's embarassing out of tune version so I'm happy for him to be sacked, but I'm just giving an example.

There was no more than half a dozen questions on the questionnaire, most of which were Yes or No answers. It would have been easy for the full results, i.e. as percentages, to be published so we can see the results in an unbiased format.

I wasn't disputing the results, but complaining about the manipulation. No doubt they were used to come up with the results the club wanted. Maybe the majority did vote for a smoking ban, or not swapping ends etc., but I suspect it was a lot closer than the club were comfortable with and why the results were never shown.

As for not doing anything about it, there's nothing I've said on here on various threads that I've not said to Tim Davies in person, phone or email over the last couple of years. He's good in that he always replies by email or by phoning, but then never actually does the things he says he's going to!

I actually don't mind a new shirt coming out every year if it helps the club - I spend about £40 a month on new threads anyway, and to be fair, I could get more wear out of a City shirt than most of my other clothes

How can they be eliminating kits one by one? I thought they had counted all the votes and decided the winner? This all sounds like a complete farce

i did have to read it again a couple of times. All sounds a bit dodgey, publish the results!

i did have to read it again a couple of times. All sounds a bit dodgey, publish the results!

Indeed. It doesnt have to be on my birthday, anytime now would be good. We were already wearing this season shirt this time last year!

How can they be eliminating kits one by one? I thought they had counted all the votes and decided the winner? This all sounds like a complete farce

I think they mean, for us the City public will be given the results in reverse order. i.e. this week kit E is eliminated from the contest, therefore cannot the final design!! Leaving the other 5, therefore every week 1 less kit will be left. hopefull revealing Ricey's design to be the winner!!! :thumbup:

Archived