Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Champions League Thread 2023/2024

Rodgers getting the predictable pass and excuses made for last night. One thing being thumped by Atletico, PSG, Barcelona but some of his other results in Europe are hilariously shit. 

In the last decade or so he has lost individual matches to Anzhi, Zenit St Petersburg, Basel, Lincoln Red Imps(!), Zorya Luhansk, Slavia Prague and Legia Warsaw.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Nah for me that's bad enough in real time. Studs up on the side of the ankle/shin is never good. 

It's like groundhog day with these red cards. 😀 

I'm again in the minority saying this should have not been a red. It's red ofc going strictly by the rule but I really don't like where the sport is heading now. Rashford tried to cover the ball with his body. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

Whilst the letter of the law says it's a red, I feel sorry for Rashford there. He's clearly trying to get his body between himself and the ball to shield it with no intention of hurting the opponent whatsoever. 

The danger of the tackle overrides the intent I'd say.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, martyn said:

Whilst the letter of the law says it's a red, I feel sorry for Rashford there. He's clearly trying to get his body between himself and the ball to shield it with no intention of hurting the opponent whatsoever. 

Rashford would have probably been ok in the PL!