Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

James McAtee

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Some of the top clubs want their players to play for teams that have a winning mentality.... It can really stunt the growth of a young player with potential to be in a relegation fight... can really disearten you..

Itll be McAtees choice though id of thought. Cant force a player anywhere he doesnt want to go

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Itll be McAtees choice though id of thought. Cant force a player anywhere he doesnt want to go

No, but If the club say "you can go on loan to leicester but we aren't loaning anybody to Sheffield United" then he has a choice of coming to us and being a star or sitting on the bench at Man City. 

Edited by SecretPro

32 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

I dont think Man City would allow a young player with no 1st team appearances for them to dictate to them how things should be..

43 minutes ago, MPH said:

Some of the top clubs want their players to play for teams that have a winning mentality.... It can really stunt the growth of a young player with potential to be in a relegation fight... can really disearten you..

Not only that but 1st team managers are becoming more and more influential on their academy teams, have them playing a certain way etc the system runs from top to bottom. 

Playing for a team in the championship with a similar system, more likely to dominate games possession wise etc could be more favourable than sending him on loan to a team more likely to struggle in the majority of their games. Plus I'd think sending a player on loan to the same team 2 seasons on the trot is frowned upon as it could stunt their growth and potential, that's my personal opinion though. I'd not want my player to get too complacent in his surroundings, playing a system different to mine, I'd want him to go off and experience different challenges and surroundings helping him grow as a person as well as a player

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We can only sign one more player on loan so we couldn't sign him and cannon.

We can only use 1 more loan player in a match day squad, we can sign 3 more loan players

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Man City fans want him to stay, they rate him highly, would be a great coup for us if we get him, preferably on a permanent deal, got to shift 3/4 more though for some money not loans… 

If we sign this guy and we go up...  we would have a chance of signing him again for another season. same goes for Casadei and Doyle..

• Like 2