Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

James McAtee

5 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I believe the Telegraph over this crap account lol 

They’re saying we’re in the mix for him. He’ll be going somewhere tomorrow it seems so let’s wait and see. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Wouldn’t surprise me 25 minutes against Cov aside he’s been poor this season imo 

I find it mad how he's been in team of the month etc... I don't think he's a bad player but he's become a bit overrated outside of here, certainly on his performances this season.

• Like 3

Of course McAtee will want to and be likely to end up at Sheffield United. He was there last season, helped them get promoted and to the FA cup semi finals and was loved by their fans.

Especially for a loan, it makes perfect sense for him to go back to where he is familiar and have a season at a higher level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Especially for a loan, it makes perfect sense for him to go back to where he is familiar and have a season at a higher level.

If he has any hope of breaking in to the Man City first team, it probably makes sense to spend a full season with a side who are trying to replicate a similar playing style

15 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If he has any hope of breaking in to the Man City first team, it probably makes sense to spend a full season with a side who are trying to replicate a similar playing style

Sorry I just think we have too high of an opinion of ourselves talking like this.

He may know he is unlikely to break into the first team and so Premier League exposure will be important. And why is playing for us more important than Premier League experience in general? 

Or if he is choosing between playing in the Premier League and getting that experience vs Championship albeit with a similar style of play, the fact he will have had fond experiences of his time there is likely to be the decider. Obviously if both teams were in the Championship it’d be different.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Sorry I just think we have too high of an opinion of ourselves talking like this.

He may know he is unlikely to break into the first team and so Premier League exposure will be important. And why is playing for us more important than Premier League experience in general? 

Or if he is choosing between playing in the Premier League and getting that experience vs Championship albeit with a similar style of play, the fact he will have had fond experiences of his time there is likely to be the decider. Obviously if both teams were in the Championship it’d be different.

I've said it probably makes sense, not that's the only thing he will or should consider calm down. He'd have to also back himself to shine in a United side that look likely to be involved in a relegation battle, if he goes there and struggles as part of the wider team being poor is the exposure actually that good.

Going back to the club you've already been succesful at who can now give you Premier League football trumps "Maresca knows Pep" tbf. 

Our brand of football being similar to Man City only really helps him if he truly, truly believes he has a future in the Man City starting 11 and he'd have to be obnoxiously confident for that. 

• Like 3