Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

20 minutes ago, MPH said:

Definitely agree. although they may well wonder if that will see their chance of European football  disappear. Best chance is to hold out for a club like Brighton, but after this year im not so sure Nacho will get anything better than Palace..

I think both would be lucky to get Palace. Can't see Ndidi being able to do the number 8 role in the Premier League and he's no longer good enough in a defensive role. Nacho can't make the squad of a Championship team. I could see both going abroad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Viva said:

I think both would be lucky to get Palace. Can't see Ndidi being able to do the number 8 role in the Premier League and he's no longer good enough in a defensive role. Nacho can't make the squad of a Championship team. I could see both going abroad.

i'd disagree with this part. Sit him in front of the defense and put a woolly hat on him on the cold days and he should be good for a couple of years...

15 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Happy to release him, not a good enough PL no.8 and won’t be worth the vast wages he will want for a new deal 

He’s only going to get worse. Time to clap him off for the last time next week. 

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

what position will he play in the prem?

Exactly where he has played and excelled this season. It’s no coincidence that when we hit some bad form this season Wilf wasn’t playing or not fully fit. 

I can’t see us being able to sign someone at his level With the financial restrictions. I’d much rather keep Wilf than sign longstaff or brown hill 

33 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Exactly where he has played and excelled this season. It’s no coincidence that when we hit some bad form this season Wilf wasn’t playing or not fully fit. 

I can’t see us being able to sign someone at his level With the financial restrictions. I’d much rather keep Wilf than sign longstaff or brown hill 

hes not a no 8. And he has excelled in the CHAMPIONSHIP . I wouldn't play him as a number 8 in the prem for the same reason I wouldn’t play Vesty in the prem - the difference in class is  huge..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

hes not a no 8. And he has excelled in the CHAMPIONSHIP . I wouldn't play him as a number 8 in the prem for the same reason I wouldn’t play Vesty in the prem - the difference in class is  huge..

I agree with the vesty comment but Wilf has performed consistently in the PL for us for years. He’s a top half Prem quality player. No matter the position I think a player of his quality we need to retain at all costs.

We cannot play the same we have been playing in the championship in the Prem so maybe we do setup with DM. 

Peps teams have always had defensive type CM- Rodri / Fernandinho.

If it’s good enough for Pep it’s good enough for Enzo

Nacho will definitely be off so that may play a part in Ndidi's decision. 

I do think we are in a strong position to keep him though. 

I don't think he will have big clubs coming in for him and any move will likely be a sideways one with only mid to lower Prem teams showing any interest. 

I'd offer him a 2 year deal, but that's FM talk, he will rightly want 3-4 and a relegation clause.  

6 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I agree with the vesty comment but Wilf has performed consistently in the PL for us for years. He’s a top half Prem quality player. No matter the position I think a player of his quality we need to retain at all costs.

We cannot play the same we have been playing in the championship in the Prem so maybe we do setup with DM. 

if we set up with a DM, maybe but  I very much doubt we will-  those two that you mentioned have good technical ability. Will for all his runs he’s made does not. We seem to be shifting away from the traditional roles we’re moving our right backs into central midfield or CDs are playing attacking roles and it’s really only going to work in the prem if we have those who are more natural in those positions… the alternative is that as you say Enzomis more flexible and plays a DM in the DM position and I just don’t see that happening..

26 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Wanna bet?

• Like 1