Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

2 hours ago, shen said:

Pretty decent stats for Ndidi :dunno:

image.thumb.png.2201f52b09a11a6bba5bb12fbee9993f.png

Also, to repeat my point from another thread - getting a replacement of the same or higher quality isn't going to be cheap and PSR means that paying fees should be done VERY carefully. Then there is the added benefit of having a sellable asset if he keeps performing in his new role in the PL. Not to mention keeping a winner and a big player who is one of the pillars of this team - he's one of our longest servants after all.

If he isn't demanding impossible wages, I feel it is important (and sensible) that we keep him.

Imo it would be a bit of a coup to keep him.  He had a bit of a blip last year but he is a Premier League player.  I suspect we will regret him playing very well for some other team if he goes.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I know and can understand why there’s mixed feelings about him…. For me…. He’s more than earned another tilt at the prem with us…. I’d personally be delighted if we sign him up 👍🏼 

For me, he’s more than damaged his chances of playing in the prem… because of how he played last time in the prem 

no room for sentiments. It would be suicidal to play him in the prem again.

Edited by MPH
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, MPH said:

For me, he’s more than damaged his chances of playing in the prem… because of how he played last time in the prem 

no room for sentiments. It would be suicidal to play him in the prem again.

I get that…. I’ve a different view though…. But we’ve already established that !!!

On 04/05/2024 at 08:02, Ric Flair said:

His ability to tackle has returned this season just from much higher up the pitch. We lead the stats for winning the ball in the final third, it's quite evident why Enzo went for Ndidi in that role compared to other options in the squad.

Would be intrigued to see if he could get back to the level he used to be, his performance vs Chelsea in the FA Cup from a ball winning perspective was promising, he was very good.

I respect your opinions in most things but you are wrong on this. Also his better tackling stats are in the Premier not the ChampionshipScreenshot_20240506-083610.thumb.png.168221ed64cabdcf2d046d7269ab8817.png

3 hours ago, foxpleasure said:

I respect your opinions in most things but you are wrong on this. Also his better tackling stats are in the Premier not the ChampionshipScreenshot_20240506-083610.thumb.png.168221ed64cabdcf2d046d7269ab8817.png

His better stats were two years ago, that’s not down to the league 

23 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Problem means nothing, but interesting Enzo mentioned Wilf as an option for the defensive system change we used yesterday

I picked up on that. The issue with him playing the inverted centre back role that moves into midfield would be his limited passing range (compared to the likes of Vestergaard).

2 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

His better stats were two years ago, that’s not down to the league 

I don't get your point. I'm saying that he doesn't tackle like he used to. Even in the championship his tackling stats are nowhere near as good as in the Premier League year after year. He had several years even better than the example I gave.

3 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

I don't get your point. I'm saying that he doesn't tackle like he used to. Even in the championship his tackling stats are nowhere near as good as in the Premier League year after year. He had several years even better than the example I gave.

He played in a different position in the Championship. He would never be making as many tackles as he did in a defensive role in the Premier League. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Viva said:

He played in a different position in the Championship. He would never be making as many tackles as he did in a defensive role in the Premier League. 

I never said he would. I was replying to someone who said he was making as many tackles as he used to but further up the pitch. The stats clearly show that is not the case.

6 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

I never said he would. I was replying to someone who said he was making as many tackles as he used to but further up the pitch. The stats clearly show that is not the case.

I don't think he was meaning Ndidi was making more tackles this season. Just that the quality was better. His last couple of years in the Premier League were poor, but obviously the total volume of tackles would be higher than this season. 

11 minutes ago, Viva said:

I don't think he was meaning Ndidi was making more tackles this season. Just that the quality was better. His last couple of years in the Premier League were poor, but obviously the total volume of tackles would be higher than this season. 

He said...

"His ability to tackle has returned this season just from much higher up the pitch."

If I've misunderstood that then I apologise

54 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

I actually read it that you were making the opposite point!! My bad!

9 hours ago, foxpleasure said:

But your dismissing where these tackles are being made. He's in a far more advanced position in this system, against defensive players that are far less likely to take risks with passes or take-ons.

I think he's shown enough to be a decent option in the Prem. Even on a 2-year deal, if we go down he's a saleable asset.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, shen said:

We have some great fans don't we lol

Explain your comment. You in Denmark. What % of games do you see from a stadium. I do all homes and most of the aways.  I am there. Are you? He's a disaster who looks like he could not care.

10 hours ago, foxpleasure said:

Think you've misunderstood me. The last few seasons as a defensive midfielder his tackling ability had diminished, this season he's been deployed as an 8 and his tackling stats would always be less than that of a pure ball winning DCM.

But he helped win the ball much higher up the pitch, hence the stats that showed we were one of if not the best side in the league at winning the ball in the final third.

His energy and anticipation that made him so good at winning the ball for us returned last season for the most part.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shen said:

Ah yes, playing the "I am local, I go to games, my claim to fanhood and therefore legitimacy of my opinion is superior to all non-goers"-card. Class move.

I submit to you, oh loyal customer.

14 minutes ago, shen said:

Ah yes, playing the "I am local, I go to games, my claim to fanhood and therefore legitimacy of my opinion is superior to all non-goers"-card. Class move.

I submit to 

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Think you've misunderstood me. The last few seasons as a defensive midfielder his tackling ability had diminished, this season he's been deployed as an 8 and his tackling stats would always be less than that of a pure ball winning DCM.

But he helped win the ball much higher up the pitch, hence the stats that showed we were one of if not the best side in the league at winning the ball in the final third.

His energy and anticipation that made him so good at winning the ball for us returned last season for the most part.

I think we can both agree that Wilf has been a super player for us in both attitude and ability.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Broxi-Bear said:

Explain your comment. You in Denmark. What % of games do you see from a stadium. I do all homes and most of the aways.  I am there. Are you? He's a disaster who looks like he could not care.

Technically, you get a better view of the game through the TV cameras than you do in the stands.

:ph34r: