Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Konur says brighton interested 

I don’t see he has the technique to play for de zerbi (although maresca is trying to get him there ) 

he’ll  be playing for Barcelona if he keeps this up!

Just now, Lambert09 said:

is it too soon to say…. get him tied down! 

Really hope that we push for him and nacho because now is probably the last chance. 

Will cost a fortune to do that - he’s on a big earner next summer on a free so if you want to tie him down then you’re going to have to effectively pay that to him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Will cost a fortune to do that - he’s on a big earner next summer on a free so if you want to tie him down then you’re going to have to effectively pay that to him. 

Perhaps. But if he’s enjoying his football and just been ignored by clubs in the summer. Always the chance he’d take equal terms… as like you said, he’s on a good deal. 

Always felt he was a level headed guy so i wouldn’t rule it out 

On 07/10/2023 at 17:26, st albans fox said:

Loads of promotion based add ons and a low release clause if we don't go up.

• Like 1

As good as he's been I'd cash in now while everyone thinks he's the bollocks. 

There are so many better options for that position when we go up and I don't want to see any signs of what happened last season ever happening again. 

He's made up for his absolutely appalling form for last 18 months. Go out on a high and while we still have good memories. Gonna take years for me to only be able to remember the good in players like Youri.

• Like 1

He’s been good in the Championship,  I get that he’s less risk as a free transfer but is he really going to get a big move - I think not.

is Brighton really a massive step up once we are back in the Prem?  Yes right now they are a good team but in 2-3 years?  I’m not sure.

if he gets a move to a top 6 club fair play to him but I can still see him being here next season 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Unbelievable turnaround from the lad to be fair to him

Ndidi is a "monster" out of possession 

Tottenham may have an interest in Ndidi due to his impressive form at Championship level this season, but they could also be keen on the player who previously starred in the Premier League.

The 26-year-old battler has been able to showcase the attacking quality he can provide from a midfield position thanks to Leicester's relegation to the second tier. Over nine league starts, the talented gem has contributed with one goal and three assists to go along with 1.3 key passes per game.

However, his defensive ability was on full display last term in spite of his team's struggles. The 6 foot ace is a proven top-flight performer who excels at winning possession back for his side. He ranked in the top 6%or higher of his positional peers in the Premier League last season for tackles (3.27), interceptions (2.04), and clearances (2.57) per 90. This included him being in the top 1% for interceptions made per 90, which illustrates how impressive his out-of-possession work was for the Foxes.

Ndidi consistently provided an excellent screen in front of his defence in the top-flight as he also ranked within the top 3% of midfielders for tackles (3.34), interceptions (2.34), and clearances (three) per 90 during the 2021/22 Premier League campaign.

3 hours ago, JimJams said:

Doubt Levy will put any money up for Wilf in January when he knows he can get him for nowt in the summer. Unless they're in a position in the league to twist his arm and he's top of Postys list.

10m to help with a title push… I think even levy would consider that. 

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's quite a tempting January signing for plenty I'd expect. We'd want £10-15m and he'd want £5m signing on fee but for a player previously worth much more than that and is being raved about this season I could see the interest being genuine. 

He'd be a big loss this season. I don't want to be without him for AFCON, let alone the rest of the season after that.

If we are still doing as well come January 1st with a big points cushion, surely we'd take £15m for him?

Seems like good business. Although if we are embroiled in a 4-team promotion race by then it would probably be best to keep him!

I think him missing is a massive part of our drop off in form the past 3 games. Casadei is nowhere near the same presence and I am not sure he will get there based on how he has been playing. We need Wilf back ASAP and him missing for AFCON will be a big blow, let alone selling him.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2023 at 10:26, st albans fox said:

When a quality player lets his contract run down it usually means they are looking for a big payday !!

The player also has the right to turn down a transfer in the January window if he thinks he can make more as a free agent.  

It really isn't a good place for a club to be when they have players in their last year !!