Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

45 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Ok we can but Enzo won’t last long if we do 

Possibly, but there is zero chance he changes his gameplan. It might even be more effective in the Prem as we won't face the low block nearly as often as we have in recent months.  We do need a faster centre back though, and a propoer number 8.

• Like 2

I have loved Wilf as a Leicester player, and Peak Ndidi could have walked into most sides in the Premier League.

But I think it would be a terrible waste of available funds to keep him now. His pace, energy and physicality are on a steep decline, and a good portion of his game relies on those aspects

• Like 4

He's been great for us ever since he came in, but he still feels like a square peg in a round hole in that number 8 position. And although he'd be a great player to have in the squad I don't think we can afford his wages if he's not going to be starting every game. 

Unless Enzo plans to play a double pivot with winks against stronger opposition I'd let him go and wish him well. 

• Like 2

Never sat well with me that he had pretty much done a deal with Forest. I enjoyed the renaissance but since his injury he's not been great. Don't want to see him back in the DM role and think we can do better for an 8. 

Happy to wave goodbye in Saturday to be honest. 

Excluding loan and out of contract players, our CM options going into next season are currently KDH, Winks, Choudhury and Soumare. We're looking very light in midfield and that's even if we don't sell KDH. For that reason, I'm happy for us to try and keep Ndidi. Otherwise we're going to need to sign three or four CMs. 

• Like 1

The thing for me is he's unlikely to take a 1 year extension on lower wages, so that's money tying us to a player who has been demonstrably on the decline at top flight level. 

I'd let him go and use that money elsewhere. Hamza can do the Ndidi role. Not as well but Hamza's best is better than Ndidi's worst. 

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Excluding loan and out of contract players, our CM options going into next season are currently KDH, Winks, Choudhury and Soumare. We're looking very light in midfield and that's even if we don't sell KDH. For that reason, I'm happy for us to try and keep Ndidi. Otherwise we're going to need to sign three or four CMs. 

Sensi, McAtee, Brownhill. There's 3 for nowt. Hamer for £20.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2024 at 10:24, JimJams said:

Sensi, McAtee, Brownhill. There's 3 for nowt. Hamer for £20.

We are going to have to be clever in the upcoming window & those three would very clever moves.

Personally think those three are pretty shocking moves. 

Sensi hardly playing this season, long injury record and never played in the prem make him a huge risk. ( Could pay off but who knows...)

Mcatee has hardly set the world alight this season. We need a number 8 to contribute goals and assists. Don't see that from him. 

Brown hill? Seriously average. Does a job but no excitement, no resale value. 

Hamer I agree with though. He's quality.

• Like 1

I suspect Enzo will be keen to keep him…. He’s in that #8 position for turnovers high up the pitch…. I don’t know his stats in this regard, but I suspect they’re good…. He’s also improved immeasurably in his passing ability 

7 hours ago, Wolfox said:

I suspect Enzo will be keen to keep him…. He’s in that #8 position for turnovers high up the pitch…. I don’t know his stats in this regard, but I suspect they’re good…. He’s also improved immeasurably in his passing ability 

i came on to say this. 

If it’s not wilf, we will likely get another player similar to him. 

• Like 3

Second time I am referencing it today but his ball winning skills v Chelsea in the Cup was Wilf of old. I think there is something there and like many others was let down in our last season by a very poor man manager. Salary may be an issue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Don’t you think it odd that  we can date a tree within a year when 200 years old or by carbon dating other ancient artifacts, but a footballer we can’t date between 25 or 35 

Could cut them in half and count the rings?

On 30/04/2024 at 13:19, Chelmofox said:

Never sat well with me that he had pretty much done a deal with Forest. I enjoyed the renaissance but since his injury he's not been great. Don't want to see him back in the DM role and think we can do better for an 8. 

Happy to wave goodbye in Saturday to be honest. 

Did he do a deal with Forest though? I remember at Tranmere away in the league cup the crowd were chanting anti Forest songs when he was warming up and he started grinning and laughing 

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Did he do a deal with Forest though? I remember at Tranmere away in the league cup the crowd were chanting anti Forest songs when he was warming up and he started grinning and laughing 

He’d agreed terms but it fell through when they got Sangare I believe. 

On 30/04/2024 at 11:42, Finn Claw II said:

Clearly keep if we can manage wage expectations.  

Pretty much exactly this. If we can manage the wage expectations and get him on a reasonable contract then absolutely sign up. 

A great defensive midfielder in his day, his tackling out of this world. But not technical or creative enough to be a ‘No8’ in the Premier League. Thanks for the memories, Wilf.

• Like 1