Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

41 minutes ago, ousefox said:

We would be mad to get rid. Worth paying decent wages as to replace would cost millions. 

we need a more mobile and creative number 8

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

He looks like he’s in the last few months of his career to me recently. Looks older / less mobile / slower / less stamina than soon to be 38 year old Vardy

He has had some great moments for us over the years.  When he performs to his top level he is a major/important part of our starting 11.  There were doubts in the past that he might be slightly older than his reported age.

A contract extension is warranted to a certain degree I think.  Needs to obviously be a reasonable contract and a clear role and status in the squad going forward.  If he is not going to be in the starting 11 every match then maybe we can let him go and work on getting someone in younger.

Posted (edited)

Used to be my favourite player. Sadly since his injury he has lost the ability to tackle. As he lacks the technical ability or creative spark to perform as an attacking midfielder in the Premier League I would sadly not be offering him a new contract whilst thanking him for some great moments in the past 

Edited by foxpleasure

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

His ability to tackle has returned this season just from much higher up the pitch. We lead the stats for winning the ball in the final third, it's quite evident why Enzo went for Ndidi in that role compared to other options in the squad.

Would be intrigued to see if he could get back to the level he used to be, his performance vs Chelsea in the FA Cup from a ball winning perspective was promising, he was very good.

I feel his adaptability also caught many off guard. The way he took in Maresca's ideas and supported Fatawu with his MANY channel runs and higher quality end product than most of us thought he possessed shows how wrong it was to typecast him solely as a destroyer.

IF he can stay injury free, I think it's worth extending his contract even if his salary is on the high side. 

I think from a purely squad management perspective it's important to keep winners like him around, but also because a quality replacement is not going to be cheaper - especially if we have to pay a fee for one.

The added bonus is that we could then still sell him for good money (and PSR profit) next season as his stock will no doubt have stayed quite high.

• Like 2

He's been a good servant to us over the years. He was poor today and has been for a while I think. I feel that in his current role when in the Championship he can just about get away with it but the Premiership is a much different proposition. Sadly, time to move on I think. 

• Like 3

He has done ok for us and his ability to win the ball high up has been useful, but technically miles off what an 8 could and should be doing in an Enzo team, personally I would say goodbye and use the funds to bring in a player who fits the profile and can bring more goal involvements 

• Like 3

For as much as I like Wilf, paying him the kind of wages he's likely to be on to play in a system that doesn't really fit him doesn't make too much sense. 

Usually I would say that having a player like him as an option for when we change our tactics (but who can still kinda do a job in this one) would be great but Enzo doesn't change the system so it makes more sense to use our resources to go get a more natural #8. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Scotch said:

For as much as I like Wilf, paying him the kind of wages he's likely to be on to play in a system that doesn't really fit him doesn't make too much sense. 

Usually I would say that having a player like him as an option for when we change our tactics (but who can still kinda do a job in this one) would be great but Enzo doesn't change the system so it makes more sense to use our resources to go get a more natural #8. 

Pretty decent stats for Ndidi :dunno:

image.thumb.png.2201f52b09a11a6bba5bb12fbee9993f.png

Also, to repeat my point from another thread - getting a replacement of the same or higher quality isn't going to be cheap and PSR means that paying fees should be done VERY carefully. Then there is the added benefit of having a sellable asset if he keeps performing in his new role in the PL. Not to mention keeping a winner and a big player who is one of the pillars of this team - he's one of our longest servants after all.

If he isn't demanding impossible wages, I feel it is important (and sensible) that we keep him.

• Like 2

I’m a bit torn on Wilf.

His salary would be high and his recent track record with injuries isn’t great. 

If we were to retain him, I would purely use him as someone to break up the play and make us more solid in games where we’ll have minimal possession.

In games that we’re looking to have the lion’s share of the ball I’d want an 8 with more creativity and goal threat. 

58 minutes ago, shen said:

Pretty decent stats for Ndidi :dunno:

image.thumb.png.2201f52b09a11a6bba5bb12fbee9993f.png

Also, to repeat my point from another thread - getting a replacement of the same or higher quality isn't going to be cheap and PSR means that paying fees should be done VERY carefully. Then there is the added benefit of having a sellable asset if he keeps performing in his new role in the PL. Not to mention keeping a winner and a big player who is one of the pillars of this team - he's one of our longest servants after all.

If he isn't demanding impossible wages, I feel it is important (and sensible) that we keep him.

I never once said Wilf performed poorly in this position but your own graphic shows clear weaknesses with regards to passing. This is an issue for an #8. 

I know he's not a popular suggestion on here but compare those stats to someone like Callum O'hare... O'hare comes out on top with regards to passing, keeping possession, goal contributions and the more offensive side of the game whilst not being terrible far behind defensively. 

Or, Josh Brownhill... who's stats are fairly competitive to Wilfs despite playing at a higher standard but they are also fairly balanced across both aspects of the game. 

Both men are free transfers and would arguably demand lower wages. 

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Ah…. Love that….

First bits of business are retaining him and Vestergaard in my view…

Hopefully we’ll be smarter than that..

42 minutes ago, MPH said:

Hopefully we’ll be smarter than that..

I know and can understand why there’s mixed feelings about him…. For me…. He’s more than earned another tilt at the prem with us…. I’d personally be delighted if we sign him up 👍🏼 

• Like 2