Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

On 09/03/2024 at 22:22, BKLFox said:

Sevilla are 14th in a very weak Spanish league why the fec would he go there 🤷‍♂️ he is far far better than Sevilla 

Well, other than the climate & Seville being a beautiful city, I'm baffled too. :dunno:

• Haha 1

Sevilla are 14th in a very weak Spanish league why the fec would he go there 🤷‍♂️ he is far far better than Sevilla 

Is he?

He was poor for a while before dropping down a division, regular injuries, and question marks about his age.

Someone might take a punt, but let's not kid ourselves he's got the options he would have had three years ago.

• Like 3

it probably depends on what role clubs want him to play to be honest.. If they just want him to sit in front of the defense then he's probably got the legs for another 3-4 years of that... if they want him to play like Maresca has this year, they'll be getting the WD40 out by November...

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah he's past his peak even in the form he was in earlier in the season. He could do a lot worse than re-signing if we get promoted. 

I do actually think if we get promoted there will be a chance he re-signs. But then it will depend on how good the other offers are. I Dont see any benefit for him to move to another club in England, unless its for European football maybe.. Italy would be too technical for him   a Europa team in one of the other leagues might be appealing..

Course we can offer him a good contract if we go up. I think some people are acting like we are in administration. 

The amount leaving more than allows us to keep current players like Ndidi on good contracts. 

The issue will be him wanting a big signing on fee that we won't offer. Sevilla are a pretty good bet for at least being a La Liga side until he starts to age and find a Saudi or US club. 

On 10/03/2024 at 10:41, lcfcsnow said:

We'd be silly to do that given Ndidi was our worst player last season in the PL, he'll still be a poor player technically at that level. Also, we don't really know how old he is.

He wasn't.   He is a good player.   You're probably sure there is no racism in the age thing.

Sevilla are a top flight club in one of Europe's top leagues.   Bit Ndidi might be able to do better

1 hour ago, majaco said:

Sevilla are a top flight club in one of Europe's top leagues.   Bit Ndidi might be able to do better

Sevilla were………!

They have won 6 in 28, something like 5 managers in a season and a half, winning the Europa masked a poor 2022/23 season & this season is on course to be worse, all is not well there & he could probably find a better option is what I’m getting at.

Its funny because if he was linked to say Chelsea many would be saying what I’m currently saying about Sevilla despite Chelsea having a better league record over the past 8 to 10 years in a harder league than Sevilla 🤷‍♂️ 

21 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Sevilla were………!

They have won 6 in 28, something like 5 managers in a season and a half, winning the Europa masked a poor 2022/23 season & this season is on course to be worse, all is not well there & he could probably find a better option is what I’m getting at.

Its funny because if he was linked to say Chelsea many would be saying what I’m currently saying about Sevilla despite Chelsea having a better league record over the past 8 to 10 years in a harder league than Sevilla 🤷‍♂️ 

They've been relegated mid-season?   

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

In that case we better offer him a place on the board......

That's what he's Studying for to be an Agent which is probably much more financially benificial.

Though he could also become a club CEO. Though he'd probably have to buy his own Club.

Either way he clearly has his priorties right.

14 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I doubt he's going anywhere. Isn't he in the middle of a 4 year Degree Course in Football Finance or something.

I think that course was due to finish this year wasn’t it?

16 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I doubt he's going anywhere. Isn't he in the middle of a 4 year Degree Course in Football Finance or something.

He started that in 2019 :D

He’ll be gone in the summer most likely. 

• 1 month later...

Foxes star Eagle-eyed 

Crystal Palace are eyeing up a move for Leicester midfielder Wilfred Ndidi.

Ndidi is out of contract at the end of the season and as it stands, will be available on a free transfer with the Foxes subject of an EFL registration embargo for an alleged breach of financial rules.

The Nigerian, 27, has scored three goals and provided five assists in 29
Championship games this season. 

Ndidi may not be the only Leicester star on Palace’s radar with summer target Kelechi Iheanacho also coming to the end of his deal.

11 hours ago, MPH said:

Foxes star Eagle-eyed 

Crystal Palace are eyeing up a move for Leicester midfielder Wilfred Ndidi.

Ndidi is out of contract at the end of the season and as it stands, will be available on a free transfer with the Foxes subject of an EFL registration embargo for an alleged breach of financial rules.

The Nigerian, 27, has scored three goals and provided five assists in 29
Championship games this season. 

Ndidi may not be the only Leicester star on Palace’s radar with summer target Kelechi Iheanacho also coming to the end of his deal.

2 good signings for palace on a free, well worth a punt 

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

2 good signings for palace on a free, well worth a punt 

Definitely agree. although they may well wonder if that will see their chance of European football  disappear. Best chance is to hold out for a club like Brighton, but after this year im not so sure Nacho will get anything better than Palace..

5 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Loved having Wilf at the club, but just feel like he's done. His performances since returning from injury have been horrific, will gladly see him move on in the summer.

Sometimes it just all goes a bit stale, and it feels that way atm..