Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Giz a job. I can do that. Giz it.

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

Free on-site parking is a fantastic benefit, I’m sure lots of people will jump at the chance without a whiff of the pay being offered. 

Aside from the on-pitch we’re so routinely a crappy organisation.

Not that it makes it any better, but I was having a look at other clubs and for some reason none of them give any indication as to what the pay would be. So odd.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

I’d piss the IT support Team Leader role with my experience - however, the commute from Wales might be a bit testing. The salary is likely to be dog muck. Plus I can’t really be arsed. Ahh well, 10 years ago and I’d have been all over it 🤣

IT team leader means just going round making sure they're all switched on.

Support technician simply means WFH to check that they are all switched on.

• Haha 2

On 29/09/2023 at 06:53, ARM1968 said:

I’d piss the IT support Team Leader role with my experience - however, the commute from Wales might be a bit testing. The salary is likely to be dog muck. Plus I can’t really be arsed. Ahh well, 10 years ago and I’d have been all over it 🤣

Same here, but in Canada lol

Private jet please.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/09/2023 at 08:56, Finnegan said:

Swansea advertised one recently similar to that pathway data role. 

Wanted both coaching badges and a post grad qualification / degree in some form of data analytics. 

22k lol lol lol

They just assume you'll be so desperate to work for your football club you'll take chump change. 

Don't so it kids. 

22k for us would be a 0.3% pay rise for Vardy. Surely 30k wouldn't break the bank.

Edited by Foxmeister

Football clubs back offices seem to be stuck in the past from a recruiting perspective. Adverts are old fashioned and boring, benefits packages are poor, pay not in keeping with market rate. Other industries have cottoned on to the fact that it’s a candidate driven market, so why would people want to work for us, as opposed to who do we want to work for us? There seems to be an arrogance that the organisation trumps everything else and it’s just not the case anymore. People don’t work for companies because of the who company is and what it does. They want fair pay, flexibility and autonomy, to be listened to and to get something out of working there (L+D etc not just talking about pay). I’d love to set up a consultancy to help companies with this sort of stuff, maybe I’ll pitch City and tell them I’m a massive fan of heavy handed stewarding, oppose safe standing, kungs enjoyer and I don’t recycle. That should get me a foot in the door. 

• Haha 1

There's quite a few issues I see in the football industry when relating to other working environments. Taking marketing/creative as an example

- Lots of clubs insisting on 5 days a week in office, most other creative roles are fully remote or hybrid.

- A real effort to not hire fans into creative roles, seen as a conflict. (may be dated but was my experience in the past)

- There's SO MANY rules you have to follow from sponsors, to the league, to the FA as to what you can and can't do and can and can't say.

- You're dedicating your weekends and midweeks to travel around the country, there's no way anyone with a family is committing to that, so what we end up with is a constant lack of experience in roles, or the same peron in role for years because they've made it their lifes work.

- The pay, considering the commitment you have to make, is horrific.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oz was my hero said:

Screenshot_20231011_151403_Gmail.thumb.jpg.6295c7133360a8c8d033815c8901ccf5.jpgcould definitely  do  with someone on board to get the basic media things right. 

I received  this today. I'm 49. Now if they would like to give me tickets as a junior I'll be more than happy. Quids in.

Conor Coady out? 

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Casual Engagement Assistant?

I Don't Give a Fvck how you dress this up. But pimping out Thai lady boys is so fvcking wrong.

Well unless he/she make that much we clear our ffp prs over spend.

Better thought send he/she/it/ whatever to Nottingham  our debt will soon be clear.

Infact get that unbapee bloke signed up for next season. We could afford him by then.

Also do the African time travel with Vardy. He's only 25 honest.

If only we could do that. Another title another 500m but he refuses his next contract and comes back to us on a free at 29.

Lol no I don't do drugs. Just woke up in a funny mood. Oh no still pissed.

Edited by sylofox