Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alfox13

VAR

1 hour ago, turkish14 said:

You make out that every decision is incorrect. Far more imo are now correct with VAR then are not 

There are serious debates on VAR decisions on most of the games. Follow the Saturday Fiasco we had the penalty incident on Sunday. And if correctness is paramount then why not check corners? Throw ins? Free kicks?

• Like 1

It sounds like the VAR operator got confused as to what the onfield decision was. 

Sounds like he thought it was given as on and after the check said yep, all good so the game went on and by the time he realised that he had agreed with the decision that it was off, the game was underway and there was nothing that could be done. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Klopp knows it’s gone, he’s just pressurising officials into pro Liverpool decisions in future!

What you're saying is that the sport is fully corrupted from top to bottom. Klopp knows the big publicity of the incident will result to having future decisions in favour of his team. He doesn't care about the sport. A fine around 3M and a ban of 6 months is suitable for him then. I was under the impression the Premier League body has strict rules for managers criticising refs and officiating in general. 

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

It sounds like the VAR operator got confused as to what the onfield decision was. 

Sounds like he thought it was given as on and after the check said yep, all good so the game went on and by the time he realised that he had agreed with the decision that it was off, the game was underway and there was nothing that could be done. 

The ball went out of play for a throw 23secs after the check. He could have bypassed the stupid rule and stop the game again. It's not only about following stupid rules when the integrity of the sport is in stake. 

Investigation must be extended by opening bank accounts of the refs and members of their families. Or is it only Toney who was gambling? 

16 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

The ball went out of play for a throw 23secs after the check. He could have bypassed the stupid rule and stop the game again. It's not only about following stupid rules when the integrity of the sport is in stake. 

Investigation must be extended by opening bank accounts of the refs and members of their families. Or is it only Toney who was gambling? 

Giving refs the discretion to break the laws of the game, is a huge can of worms to open. No thanks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

I'd like to know if anyone on these boards never made a mistake?

I think the mistake was not stopping the game and giving the goal. The crowd would boo, spurs would moan, but the correct outcome would be met and they would have been praised instead. 

3 minutes ago, smallpauldj said:

I think the mistake was not stopping the game and giving the goal. The crowd would boo, spurs would moan, but the correct outcome would be met and they would have been praised instead. 

That's not how the rules work.

Giving refs the discretion to break the laws of the game, is a huge can of worms to open. No thanks. 

22 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Mate, why you getting pissy with me? I wasn't rhe VAR official. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I get that but you also have to understand why the protocol exists and this scenario was never envisaged 

imo, hooper should have stopped the game, gone over to the managers and explained what had happened and the laws/protocols.  It would be up to big ange to decide if he was prepared for the goal to be given in the circumstances. He would be within his rights to say no. you can’t ride roughshod over the laws etc but you can ask those with greatest stake in the decision to make an exceptional call. Fwiw, I think ange would have said ‘tough sh1t’ (and so should he be allowed to) but it would have been a clever way for PGMOL to move some of the glare away from their shocking systems and staff. 

Edited by st albans fox

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I get that but you also have to understand why the protocol exists and this scenario was never envisaged 

imo, hooper should have stopped the game, gone over to the managers and explained what had happened and the laws/protocols.  It would be up to big ange to decide if he was prepared for the goal to be given in the circumstances. He would be within his rights to say no. you can’t ride roughshod over the laws etc but you can ask those with greatest stake in the decision to make an exceptional call. Fwiw, I think ange would have said ‘tough sh1t’ (and so should he be allowed to) but it would have been a clever way for PGMOL to move some of the glare away from their shocking systems and staff. 

Yeah I'm not saying I agree with the protocol. But as wrong as the protocol may be it's right that the ref's correctly followed it (i.e once the game restarted, they were powerless to give the goal) 

Also note, that Hooper and both teams didn't know about the gaffe until Half-Time, so he couldn't have even done what was suggested. It's not even within the laws of the game or the ref to suggest this either. 

Had either or both teams/managers been aware in the moments immediately after, then they could have come to an agreement themselves, but it'd be dodgy AF for the ref to lead that conversation himself. 

19 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Yeah I'm not saying I agree with the protocol. But as wrong as the protocol may be it's right that the ref's correctly followed it (i.e once the game restarted, they were powerless to give the goal) 

Also note, that Hooper and both teams didn't know about the gaffe until Half-Time, so he couldn't have even done what was suggested. It's not even within the laws of the game or the ref to suggest this either. 

Had either or both teams/managers been aware in the moments immediately after, then they could have come to an agreement themselves, but it'd be dodgy AF for the ref to lead that conversation himself. 

We haven’t heard the full audio between the var room and the onfield officials so we don’t know for certain that hooper didn’t know 

when the tech chap is saying ‘oil, oli, oli’, you hear Michael Oliver reply ‘yeah’.  It’s not about him but he can obvs hear them speaking or he wouldn’t have replied. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/10/2023 at 17:29, David Hankey said:

I'd like to know if anyone on these boards never made a mistake?

The ref can…not VAR,there is no scenario,where VAR & operators can make mistakes…

or just return responsibility 100% back to the onfield moment in sport & refs interpretation using the rules.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Ridiculous that they spent 10 minutes trying to disallow a clear goal… wish they would spend that time on us last season.. 

There should be a timer,shown on screen,controlled then  with screen blank…..eg. 3 mins max.

using ref/game official to utter…is there any reason, we should or should not….

The mentality and the approach to the solution is wrong.

Every PL and top international stadium,must have agreed set up of system lines across the pitch,no regulation of thickness,no

cosmetic change of angle..

We are over doing it with personnelle involved.

part of a players extremities should not count,only torso ,for offside..a quicker leg,foot or head should be irrelevant.

Each month a panel could sit if a small change of regulations would be deemed fair to change or implemented.

suprised me as an ex sportsman,that people were caught out,with not seen before situations..plus slowing

down of replay does quite often cause misinterpretation of situation..

or like..The quiz do you want to be a millionaire…

every seat is issued with buttons..A,B,C,D + Dk button,

then they all chose,result shown on screen,ref either takes majority response

or must immediately chose his own…:crylaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

There should be a timer,shown on screen,controlled then  with screen blank…..eg. 3 mins max.

using ref/game official to utter…is there any reason, we should or should not….

The mentality and the approach to the solution is wrong.

Every PL and top international stadium,must have agreed set up of system lines across the pitch,no regulation of thickness,no

cosmetic change of angle..

We are over doing it with personnelle involved.

part of a players extremities should not count,only torso ,for offside..a quicker leg,foot or head should be irrelevant.

Each month a panel could sit if a small change of regulations would be deemed fair to change or implemented.

suprised me as an ex sportsman,that people were caught out,with not seen before situations..plus slowing

down of replay does quite often cause misinterpretation of situation..

or like..The quiz do you want to be a millionaire…

every seat is issued with buttons..A,B,C,D + Dk button,

then they all chose,result shown on screen,ref either takes majority response

or must immediately chose his own…:crylaugh:

Or just bin it.

Edited by trabuch

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Or just bin it.

Fk off, we are far too down the line, there would have to be a bin enquiry to see if it hits the sides, bounced out, fell to the side or top closed properly. 

Even discuss if it was the right bin.. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1