Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

If the new rules are implemented for season 24/25 that were already voted for by 17/20 teams then surely finances for transfers going forward in the new season are not an issue? 

disclaimer - just a shite assumption  🤣

PSR rule changes kick in from 2025/26.

• Like 1

For me, we need to get back to what made us successful in the first place, buying relatively low and selling for the max value we can. The longer you stay in the top division, the harder it gets, but where we find ourselves now, it’s definitely something we need to get back to. Difficult not knowing what we’ll be able to spend, but I would be looking at the likes of:

Ronnie Edwards

Albert Groenbak

Smith Rowe (loan if able)

Fabio Carvalho (loan)

Gus Hamer

Hlozek (loan)

Fatawu - obligation

Outs:

KDH - not a want but seems inevitable

Faes - could fetch a reasonable fee

Daka - like him (one of the few), but if we can recoup a fee, then sell.

Praet - Free

Albrighton - Free

Iheanacho - Free

Thomas - Free (if out of contract)

Ward - if anyone daft enough or dream mutual termination

We’ll likely need another wide option or two but not sure what’s out there in the market that’s affordable or available on a free. It’s certainly going to be an interesting window

• Like 3

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2024/desire-doue-and-arnaud-kalimuendo-to-lead-mass-exodus-at-rennes/

With Rennes missing out on Europe, it looks highly likely that a few players will depart. With the style of football they play, they have many players that would suit us. 

Bourigeaud of course has been linked to Leicester in the past. The type of striker that Kalimuendo is, I believe he’d suit our system. All their centre backs are pretty comfortable with playing out from the back, Theate is the pick of the bunch but would probably cost around £20 million 😕

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2024/desire-doue-and-arnaud-kalimuendo-to-lead-mass-exodus-at-rennes/

With Rennes missing out on Europe, it looks highly likely that a few players will depart. With the style of football they play, they have many players that would suit us. 

Bourigeaud of course has been linked to Leicester in the past. The type of striker that Kalimuendo is, I believe he’d suit our system. All their centre backs are pretty comfortable with playing out from the back, Theate is the pick of the bunch but would probably cost around £20 million 😕

Lots of talent in that team, Gouiri, Desire Doue, Le Fee, doubt any would come cheap though! 

19 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

Lots of talent in that team, Gouiri, Desire Doue, Le Fee, doubt any would come cheap though! 

Desire Doue’s ceiling is pretty high, can’t see him being realistic unfortunately. 

Gouiri can be very much a mixed bag, quite often tends to flatter to deceive.

Loved Le Fee at Lorient, but has really struggled to find any consistency at Rennes, can see them sticking with him though for another season. 

Bourigeaud is the standout, has already stated he’s interested in a move to the Premier League. Kalimuendo & Terrier would also be ideal for us imo. Theate, Wooh, Omari & Belocian all have good ball playing ability, but all four can be defensively suspect. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Jeanuël Belocian is also at Rennes

19 years old and left footed, mostly plays centre back but has also played left back

Contract also ends in 2025

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Rennes have a lot of players that I wanted us to sign in the Rodgers era. Le Fee, Blas, Theate, Santamaria, Kalimuendo.

In fact it's riddled with players we've been linked with in the past too. Just realised that's where Ibrahim Salah ended up and Fabian Rieder.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Jeanuël Belocian is also at Rennes

19 years old and left footed, mostly plays centre back but has also played left back

Contract also ends in 2025

It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest, if one of the Rennes centre backs are linked with us this summer, purely because of their ball playing ability. I’ve liked the look of Belocian on a couple of occasions this season, but I don’t see him being ready to be a regular starter in the Premier League. 

There’s a cluster of centre backs in Ligue 1 in that age bracket. Christian Mawissa of Toulouse especially has really impressed me at times recently. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Rennes have a lot of players that I wanted us to sign in the Rodgers era. Le Fee, Blas, Theate, Santamaria, Kalimuendo.

In fact it's riddled with players we've been linked with in the past too. Just realised that's where Ibrahim Salah ended up and Fabian Rieder.

Theate is far from perfect defensively, but in terms of ball playing ability and recovery pace, he has the right traits we need in that LCB/LB slot. Price would probably be an issue though.

Kalimuendo might only be 5ft9, but the way he plays would be absolutely ideal in our system imo. One of the better strikers in Ligue 1 when it comes to dropping into midfield and linking play, also has enough pace to run the channels and in behind defences. 

• Like 3

If Leeds stay down, I know he did that post match interview we’ve all seen, but I’d absolutely love Georginio Rutter here.

He is a joy to watch play, so so gifted, has a high ceiling. 

Finishing lets him down but stick him with the guy who taught Barnes to finish and you have a real top player there. Contributes defensively as well.  

On 14/05/2024 at 16:05, kingfox said:

Theate is far from perfect defensively, but in terms of ball playing ability and recovery pace, he has the right traits we need in that LCB/LB slot. Price would probably be an issue though.

We were linked with Theate back in 2022, before he moved from Bologna to Rennes. Wouldn't be surprised if that interest is reignited should the price be right.