Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HitchinFox

Euro 2028 tournament will be played on these shores

It’s coming home.

Let’s hope everyone can behave themselves this time !

Read before all the teams will still have to qualify and there  will be no direct entry for the hosts as there are too many .

Like with Euro 2020/21.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12975725/euro-2028-how-losing-home-nations-and-ireland-could-still-qualify-through-bizarre-uefa-loophole

Edited by Super_horns

These days with them sharing the big tournaments out - I assume this rules us out of hosting a world cup any time soon and potentially a full generation will miss out. 

It'll 32 years since we hosted the Euros, but only 8 since we hosted our Euro games. 

It looks set to be 70+ years without a world cup.

Also we have just gifted qualification to 4 teams who may not have otherwise qualified so we can use 1 stadium from each nation - 1 of those stadiums won't even hold 35,000??

1 minute ago, beepee1984 said:

These days with them sharing the big tournaments out - I assume this rules us out of hosting a world cup any time soon and potentially a full generation will miss out. 

It'll 32 years since we hosted the Euros, but only 8 since we hosted our Euro games. 

It looks set to be 70+ years without a world cup.

Also we have just gifted qualification to 4 teams who may not have otherwise qualified so we can use 1 stadium from each nation - 1 of those stadiums won't even hold 35,000??

Yeah, I'd prefer to have shared the WC, yet America would've hosted 2 WC's in the last 32 years.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Like, definitely definitely? 

Has it actually been fully paid for and is it really going ahead despite all their financial issues? 

Have you seen how much work has already happened on it? A great deal of the structure is in place.

11 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Have you seen how much work has already happened on it? A great deal of the structure is in place.

Ah right fair enough I didn't realise. I remember seeing all the artwork of what it would look like but nothing since. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Like, definitely definitely? 

Has it actually been fully paid for and is it really going ahead despite all their financial issues? 

Aren't their financial issues similar to ours in terms of FFP? Pretty sure their owners are minted.

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I wonder if this will finally mean Hampden gets refurbished, the plans were fantastic I hope it goes ahead now.  Villa park too.  Kinda funny not seeing Old Trfford or Anfield on the list.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Anfield wasn't picked because it's pitch size doesn't meet UEFA regulations for international tournaments. Could have completely dreamt that, mind.