Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Can I just say...

Fagin.

Openly Jewish Londoner who was never bothered by the Met.

He did professionally kidnap children for profit.  Met was useless back in Dickensian times too then.

23 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Can I just say...

Fagin.

Openly Jewish Londoner who was never bothered by the Met.

I reckon if Fagin was deliberately provoking a peaceful protest then he would probably have been bothered by them. 

• Like 2

Dunno about anyone else, but to me 'openly Jewish' sounds slightly offensive. It suggests that being Jewish has negative connotations in some folk's eyes. Why didn't the Met officer involved say 'obviously Jewish' instead?

20 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Dunno about anyone else, but to me 'openly Jewish' sounds slightly offensive. It suggests that being Jewish has negative connotations in some folk's eyes. Why didn't the Met officer involved say 'obviously Jewish' instead?

so being openly Jewish or or a Jewish person wanting to go about in London is seen as provocative and offensive but openly calling for "jihad" is seen as fine and dandy. maybe he was trying to stir up trouble but their are plenty of Jewish people and other people that feel extremely intimidated by these protests. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Yeah it was a clumsy thing for him to say but if you watch the full video, the gentleman in question was being highly provocative and looking for some sort of reaction. 

I don’t think anybody is fine with people calling for Jihad and there have rightly been multiple arrests and prosecutions of people on pro Palestine marches for such offences. This guy in particular was a danger to the peace and the police had every right to stop him. 

Surely the guy in question wasn't a danger to the peace, it was those around him who were a potential threat to him. It sounds as if he was an agent provocateur in the view of some and that, had he been attacked physically, he himself would have been partly to blame. This sounds a bit like victim blaming, much in the same way that the police blame victims of thefts from cars where valuables are left on display. 

41 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If Leicester play Cov and both sets of supporters are walking to the ground parallel but 10metres away from each other, there’ll be chanting but it could be easily policed. If one Cov fans leaves that line and starts goading the Leicester fans close up, who is in breach of the peace? The Leicester fans or the Coventry fan? 

The Palestine march was sanctioned, whether you agree with it or not. This individual was out to stir up some trouble, probably to get some clicks on his YouTube channel. You can see how they set it up. He was to blame and the police rightly stopped him. 

It wasn’t for social media reasons 

he’s making a valid point 

BUT I don’t agree with how he went about it because I believe he is disingenuous about his reasons for wanting to cross the road and it does look like he’s walked the met police into a trap which suits the govt narrative around Khan approaching the mayoral vote.   Not that it would make the slightest difference as Khan will win even if he murdered a couple hundred grandmothers and pet cats between now and may 2 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

If Leicester play Cov and both sets of supporters are walking to the ground parallel but 10metres away from each other, there’ll be chanting but it could be easily policed. If one Cov fans leaves that line and starts goading the Leicester fans close up, who is in breach of the peace? The Leicester fans or the Coventry fan? 

The Palestine march was sanctioned, whether you agree with it or not. This individual was out to stir up some trouble, probably to get some clicks on his YouTube channel. You can see how they set it up. He was to blame and the police rightly stopped him. 

If the Leicester fans attack the goading fan then they deserve the full force of the law. This is supposed to be a civilised society we live in and of these fans can't control themselves in the face of some light goading then they ought to stay away.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kenny said:

If the Leicester fans attack the goading fan then they deserve the full force of the law. This is supposed to be a civilised society we live in and of these fans can't control themselves in the face of some light goading then they ought to stay away.

Absolutely. Too often in this country now, we look for ways to blur the distinction between who is/was really to blame when an assault occurs. If I got mugged in the street, would it be my fault for being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

22 minutes ago, kenny said:

They didn’t in this case though.

Just now, String fellow said:

Absolutely. Too often in this country now, we look for ways to blur the distinction between who is/was really to blame when an assault occurs. If I got mugged in the street, would it be my fault for being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

He wasn’t in the wrong place at the wrong time!!!! He was actively goading a peaceful protest, if he wasn’t then id have sympathy!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lionator said:

He wasn’t in the wrong place at the wrong time!!!! He was actively goading a peaceful protest, if he wasn’t then id have sympathy!!!

If 'goading' a 'peaceful' protest is about wearing Jewish attire near to a pro-Palestine march where some are calling for a Jihad, then my understanding of those two words is clearly not correct. Tbh, it's hard to see how any march can be described as peaceful if it has the potential to turn to violence through something like this.   

25 minutes ago, Lionator said:

There’s a fine line though 

if he was just walking through London (as he’s entitled to as someone who lives there), shouldn’t he be able to ? He chose to illustrate the issue by attempting to cross through the march wearing a skullcap which identifies him as Jewish.   If it is a peaceful march then surely he should be able to do that with no more than a few disparaging shouts in his direction from a few people who should probably know better. (And some who absolutely don’t but won’t be sanctioned because they are protected by the size of the demo).  

I suspect he did try and cross without too much aggro so attempted to antagonise by walking into the demo - then the situation blew up into what we saw on video.  He did manage to find a few marchers who were abusive towards him.  The police were in a no win situation. I would have told the guy that if he wanted to get to the other side of the road at that point then the police would facilitate that by taking him through the march at an appropriate point where there were less people coming through and with several officers around him to protect him.  If he refused that then it would be clear what his motives were. 

Not sure if you all heard what was going on at some of the universities over here in the USA, but some pretty .. emotional?  protests have gone on with plenty of  anti-Semitic comments being thrown about  by a select few. One in particular wasn't handled well at  the prestigious  Colombia university and it was 'allowed' to get quite out of hand.. Part that was badly handled was, un beknown to him,  a Jewish professor was blocked from entering the college, first by protesters and then by security.. he even had his ID card deactivated..  It was later explained to him that that this was because  they couldn't guarantee his safety.. and that may well be true, but maybe a quick call explaining it might be safer to stay at home today? rather than waiting to try and tell him  at the gates..  Anyway.. investors/ benefactors are pulling the plug on their funding now.. calls for the president  to resign are getting stronger.

Just as a side note and this might annoy some people... but i notice that this is the 3rd Ivy league college that has gotten in some  trouble over 'anti-semitic behavior' and 2 presidents of ivy league colleges have already been forced to resign. All 3 have been women. i HOPE the calls to resign are based purely on mistakes and nothing else... id just be surprised if its only these 3 that have had issues. i know that might be a bit of a hornets nest for me to comment on..

29 minutes ago, MPH said:

Not sure if you all heard what was going on at some of the universities over here in the USA, but some pretty .. emotional?  protests have gone on with plenty of  anti-Semitic comments being thrown about  by a select few. One in particular wasn't handled well at  the prestigious  Colombia university and it was 'allowed' to get quite out of hand.. Part that was badly handled was, un beknown to him,  a Jewish professor was blocked from entering the college, first by protesters and then by security.. he even had his ID card deactivated..  It was later explained to him that that this was because  they couldn't guarantee his safety.. and that may well be true, but maybe a quick call explaining it might be safer to stay at home today? rather than waiting to try and tell him  at the gates..  Anyway.. investors/ benefactors are pulling the plug on their funding now.. calls for the president  to resign are getting stronger.

Just as a side note and this might annoy some people... but i notice that this is the 3rd Ivy league college that has gotten in some  trouble over 'anti-semitic behavior' and 2 presidents of ivy league colleges have already been forced to resign. All 3 have been women. i HOPE the calls to resign are based purely on mistakes and nothing else... id just be surprised if its only these 3 that have had issues. i know that might be a bit of a hornets nest for me to comment on..

I can’t speak for the others but the Harvard Claudine Gay one had nothing to do with anti-semitism, rather a group of very rich, angry white men who couldn’t tolerate a black woman in charge of an Ivy League uni, so threw millions of dollars on a million different ways to find dirt on her. 

• Like 1

Can we just reiterate here that some of the pro Palestinian marchers have said some extremely hateful and anti-Semitic things and should rightly be punished for this. The increased threat to Jewish people is completely disgusting and unacceptable.

On the other hand, any attempt to shut down criticism of the ongoing massacre of Palestinians is also cowardly and inhumane. 

I’m surprised how many people are still coming out swinging for Netanyahu’s agenda. Hamas and the Israeli government are still both very, very terrible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I can’t speak for the others but the Harvard Claudine Gay one had nothing to do with anti-semitism, rather a group of very rich, angry white men who couldn’t tolerate a black woman in charge of an Ivy League uni, so threw millions of dollars on a million different ways to find dirt on her. 

im not sure that this part is 100% true... her resignation came as a direct result  from the fallout of  not only refusing to condemn the Hamas attack on Israel, but her refusal to condemn a very controversial statement  released by 30 students that was considered more than just  pro-palestinian - it was considered anti-semitic. 

BUT my point  is was it blown out of proportion? Where people waiting for her to  ' make a mistake'?  (  by people with alterior motives as you are likely suggesting) , and  have others made similar mistakes  that are going ' unchecked' and  has the angst and accusations of antisemitism fallen solely at the feet of just the female presidents..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

Can we just reiterate here that some of the pro Palestinian marchers have said some extremely hateful and anti-Semitic things and should rightly be punished for this. The increased threat to Jewish people is completely disgusting and unacceptable.

On the other hand, any attempt to shut down criticism of the ongoing massacre of Palestinians is also cowardly and inhumane. 

I’m surprised how many people are still coming out swinging for Netanyahu’s agenda. Hamas and the Israeli government are still both very, very terrible. 

Not sure so many are.  The religious right for obvious reason and quite a few Americans which is more out of having to choose a side over there.  We seem to be able to be more pragmatic (and informed) here. 

if Iran and it’s proxies can keep their hands in their pockets then the pressure will mount again on netenyahu. Now we’ve seen the head of intelligence in the military resign re oct 7th, the dominoes should begin to fall infront of BN 

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, MPH said:

im not sure that this part is 100% true... her resignation came as a direct result  from the fallout of  not only refusing to condemn the Hamas attack on Israel, but her refusal to condemn a very controversial statement  released by 30 students that was considered more than just  pro-palestinian - it was considered anti-semitic. 

BUT my point  is was it blown out of proportion? Where people waiting for her to  ' make a mistake'?  (  by people with alterior motives as you are likely suggesting) , and  have others made similar mistakes  that are going ' unchecked' and  has the angst and accusations of antisemitism fallen solely at the feet of just the female presidents..

Fair enough, the plagiarism accusation was clear, but Bill Ackman is a terribly bitter man for what he did. Imagine having all that money and using it to punch down on black women. 

On 19/04/2024 at 06:56, fox_favourite said:

So his second post is saying "yeah, I got it wrong and over hyped it. Nothing much happened". 

Israel needs to wind it's neck in a little. No one wants the middle east to become any more volatile but they are trying to make it happen.

This is Holden Bloodfeast erasure:

f6b.jpeg.12a51aad39ce4215a8b2d0daafbd1bd5.jpeg

Genuinely think about this set of cartoons like once a week with the current state of politics 

42 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I've just decided to nope out of all Israel/ Palestine stuff, at this point.

It'll never be settled. All my 35 years there's been war or unrest in the middle east. I'm not getting involved.

i 100% respect you for this.