Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Is there a ready made alternative for him in the party ?

his main competitor from last time defected to alba ? 

Kate Forbes is who you are referring to and she's still with the SNP. She's one of the favourites but her strong religious beliefs may be hard for the people of Scotland to accept. I reckon it'll be John Swinney. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

It's disingenuous to paint all leaders over the past 40yrs as having "massively underfunded the NHS". There is only one party that has presided over the ideologically driven murder of frontline services. :thumbup:

sorry but whilst I agree with the  comments on the tories,  I will hold fast to the idea that the NHS has been massively underfunded for decades.

2 hours ago, MPH said:

sorry but whilst I agree with the  comments on the tories,  I will hold fast to the idea that the NHS has been massively underfunded for decades.

The NHS has had copious amounts of taxpayers' cash thrown out throughout the years but nobody ever talks about the layers upon layers of highly paid management and the dreadful waste within the NHS.

To my mind the organisation is too unwieldy and virtually unmanageable.

4 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

The NHS has had copious amounts of taxpayers' cash thrown out throughout the years but nobody ever talks about the layers upon layers of highly paid management and the dreadful waste within the NHS.

The NHS is remarkably light on managers considering its size. Most of the waste comes from central decisions, I’d say. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

mi absolutely agree that a radical overhaul is needed!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bryn said:

The NHS is remarkably light on managers considering its size. Most of the waste comes from central decisions, I’d say. 

I often wonder how much NHS manager 'competence' makes a difference between hospitals.

I've just had another operation at John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford where I've been a patient for over 20 years. Every single time I'm there, the service is outstanding. There always seems to be enough staff and they always seem happy to be there. It was no surprise to me to see JRH ranked #4 in the best UK hospital list.

On the other hand, I had the misfortune of having to go to Stoke Mandeville Hospital in Aylesbury (which is my nearest hospital) for an emergency last year. My experience was horrendous from start to finish and the complete opposite of what I encounter at JRH. I ended up discharging myself and getting the wife to drive me to JRH because the whole system at Stoke Mandeville looked like it had collapsed. I was amazed to see it ranked as highly as 48/121 (LRI is 117/121 :()

How can there be such a difference? I assume the funding is equal/fair? Could it be down to the fact that JRH has better managers and is just better ran?

6 hours ago, Bryn said:

I’m always amazed that people with fvck all knowledge of the NHS feel so free to comment on the management structure. Renders their opinions absolutely obsolete. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bryn said:

Unfortunately anyone saying that we should change the funding model to decentralize decision making seems to be shot down and everyone starts screaming about privatization.  Very difficult.

8 hours ago, Daggers said:

I’m always amazed that people with fvck all knowledge of the NHS feel so free to comment on the management structure. Renders their opinions absolutely obsolete. 

Wait, are you saying parroting lines from the daily mail doesn’t count as knowledge?

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Its working then.

The NHS has been very diverse long  before diversity managers was even a thing. The most important thing about the NHS is treating and looking after patients, most people don't really care what background staff are from as long as they receive the best care.

2 hours ago, Otis said:

The NHS has been very diverse long  before diversity managers was even a thing. The most important thing about the NHS is treating and looking after patients, most people don't really care what background staff are from as long as they receive the best care.

Its not just about how diverse the staff are, its the treatment of them i.e. Discrimination, and its not just about race but LGBT and those with disabilities etc.... As well as supporting networks within various communities.

• Like 4

On 26/04/2024 at 19:20, Daggers said:

The fvck is happening in the States?

Y’all gone completely batshit now?

Who'd have thought screaming like a nutter in a tense situation wouldn't de-escalate matters lol

I see you have put yourself forward for today’s TOTD Award. As Foxestalk’s TOTD officer, it’s my job to assess applications on merit to ensure we have a good spread of candidates over the course of the year. 

I am delighted to inform you that your series of posts on the subject of the NHS’ diversity and inclusion managers has qualified you to lift today’s TOTD Award. 

Although the is no financial benefit to the Award, you are at liberty to add it to your profile and let all your friends and family know that you won Foxestalk’s TOTD Award, but then they have probably already guessed that you win things like this all the time and that’s why they avoid speaking to you. 

Congratulations to Otis - today’s TOTD. 

😂Very good.

Quite fitting that your the custodian of said award.🤔

I see you have put yourself forward for today’s TOTD Award. As Foxestalk’s TOTD officer, it’s my job to assess applications on merit to ensure we have a good spread of candidates over the course of the year. 

I am delighted to inform you that your series of posts on the subject of the NHS’ diversity and inclusion managers has qualified you to lift today’s TOTD Award. 

Although the is no financial benefit to the Award, you are at liberty to add it to your profile and let all your friends and family know that you won Foxestalk’s TOTD Award, but then they have probably already guessed that you win things like this all the time and that’s why they avoid speaking to you. 

Congratulations to Otis - today’s TOTD. 

When are the TOTY awards? I think there's a few that have or will have, reached that level by December.

I need to research the FT match day threads and the Leicester City forum. That's where most seem to reside. 

Edited by Parafox

8 minutes ago, Parafox said:

When are the TOTY awards? 

We will be presenting @Raj with his annual award on July 31st, as usual. 

Actually, there is talk of retiring the award now he’s won it every year since its inception in 2008. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Otis said:

😂Very good.

Quite fitting that your the custodian of said award.🤔

Anyone can win it, only the greats retain it. Look forward to tomorrow's efforts. 

4 hours ago, David Hankey said:

$9K fine for Trump, the maximum the judge can give. The question now is: will this stop 'Motormouth'?

If he does it again, the Judge will consider his next actions which could include imprisonment.  Think Trump will have to actually physically assault Merchan for that to happen sadly.

On 29/04/2024 at 19:10, Izzy said:

I often wonder how much NHS manager 'competence' makes a difference between hospitals.

I've just had another operation at John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford where I've been a patient for over 20 years. Every single time I'm there, the service is outstanding. There always seems to be enough staff and they always seem happy to be there. It was no surprise to me to see JRH ranked #4 in the best UK hospital list.

On the other hand, I had the misfortune of having to go to Stoke Mandeville Hospital in Aylesbury (which is my nearest hospital) for an emergency last year. My experience was horrendous from start to finish and the complete opposite of what I encounter at JRH. I ended up discharging myself and getting the wife to drive me to JRH because the whole system at Stoke Mandeville looked like it had collapsed. I was amazed to see it ranked as highly as 48/121 (LRI is 117/121 :()

How can there be such a difference? I assume the funding is equal/fair? Could it be down to the fact that JRH has better managers and is just better ran?

I was surprised to see LRI near the bottom. I still have family in Leicester and three family members have needed treatment at LRI in recent years. As far as I can see the care was professional and excellent. The place is a bit of a rabbit warren, some of the buildings are old and parking is a pain but this is the same for most large city centre hospitals. Bristol is worse. Glenfield and the General have a much more relaxed out-of-city atmosphere on site.