Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

4 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

I was surprised to see LRI near the bottom. I still have family in Leicester and three family members have needed treatment at LRI in recent years. As far as I can see the care was professional and excellent. The place is a bit of a rabbit warren, some of the buildings are old and parking is a pain but this is the same for most large city centre hospitals. Bristol is worse. Glenfield and the General have a much more relaxed out-of-city atmosphere on site.

Having worked for the NHS for many years up until i left for the USA, i can categorically state that we were indeed underfunded . I worked in the pediatric Intensive care Unit and we had our budget cut every single year i worked there. On one year by over a million pounds. 

Now that was not to say the staff everywhere didn't work hard and give good care. but they were often cutting the staffing numbers, giving us cheaper equipment and supplies that felt like we were shopping in poundland sometimes. we had OLD ventilators at the time.. it was quite bad!

31 minutes ago, MPH said:

Protesters at Colombia University  are asking for ‘ humanitarian aid’ to be sent to them..

Interesting topic, but odd portion of dicussion. 

From the interview, it seems they are receiving supplies in the same way that people have been provided with supplies by sympathetic organisations in historic protests.

She also says that there have so far been no barriers to provision of these supplies.

I haven't seen the wider interview, but seems like a discussion around plausible action from the groups involved. The quote not matching the video for online clout is pretty standard twitter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, samlcfc said:

Interesting topic, but odd portion of dicussion. 

From the interview, it seems they are receiving supplies in the same way that people have been provided with supplies by sympathetic organisations in historic protests.

She also says that there have so far been no barriers to provision of these supplies.

I haven't seen the wider interview, but seems like a discussion around plausible action from the groups involved. The quote not matching the video for online clout is pretty standard twitter.

I will have to admit that there is a longer interview going around and she really doesn’t do herself any favors in it.

but to be honest, she was ‘ just a student’ going about her daily life a month ago..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

the whole system at Stoke Mandeville looked like it had collapsed

It's never been the same since Jimmy Savile left. :ph34r:

44 minutes ago, MPH said:

Protesters at Colombia University  are asking for ‘ humanitarian aid’ to be sent to them..

Don't the students have the freedom to leave?

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

Yes.

Plus on the on campus cafeteria is open.

That makes that video even more ridiculous. People in Palestine and Ukraine and so many places around the world, are struggling for food and this woman spouts this hypocritical bullshite.

Would be interesting to know the tactics behind both the protestors and colleges / states plans.

On one hand, if you want people to disperse, you'd think removing resources would be somewhat of a go to.

Despite all the contrived content posted on sites like twitter however, there's often a core group of headstrong, resilitent and fairly well organised people that would and probably could continue in the face of harsher action, at least for a while.

In some respects, I imagine the college and state would want to avoid that messy uncertainty.

6 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Of course they will, there's local elections tomorrow. Every racist gammon vote helps.

Facebook has been dreadful for 24hrs. Timeline restricted, political ads all over - each one flooded with Richard Tice paid-for bots. Odious. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Hoping that today isn’t too bad for the tories so that it pushes them into a general election asap and they then get trounced. 

image.png.6577132232c7cca692a8eee1c49e8c39.png

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Where’s your Fcuking humanity? What’s excellent about this? Forcible entering home and removing people and forcibly shifting them to Africa? I despair for people and humanity 

Could be wrong but I took it to be sarcasm as I suspect most people did.

20 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Could be wrong but I took it to be sarcasm as I suspect most people did.

I hope so. If this is the case I do apologise to op … today is a particularly shitty day for me 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I’m responsible for at least two votes for count binface  ( I don’t have a vote ) 

Guy has gone big budget...