Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

50 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I've just decided to nope out of all Israel/ Palestine stuff, at this point.

It’s a subject I’ve never begun to discuss. It’s a debate where logic goes to die. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

It’s a subject I’ve never begun to discuss. It’s a debate where logic goes to die. 

Not much of a debate at the moment looking at pictures out of Gaza 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Struggling to see how ‘world leading’ can be described as ‘worst’. Our kids are ‘best’ at drinking kids from other nations under the table. This should be celebrated. Typical leftie Grauniad.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/apr/25/uk-has-worst-rate-of-child-alcohol-consumption-in-world-report-finds

I used to bring a hip flask to school with a cocktail of whatever shite I could scrounge from the home booze cupboard and it didn't me any harm. *glug*

3 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

"Was"...

WFH - you can load your cornflakes with vodka, in your pants, while smoking. Try doing that in front of 11B. I did, they thought I was a legend. Best teacher ever, they said. Sentiments not echoed by the senior management team at the hearing, I sadly add. Why are teaching styles not as valued as diverse learning styles?

Edited by Daggers
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Hopefully all are ok.

Must have been horrific for people to see particularly young children .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-wales-68890153

Unfortunately this isn't as unfathomable as it should be.

The media has - of late - used the teaching profession as a political punching bag. This has resulted in the general public smelling weakness and undermining it with the service users - the students. 

The public perception of teachers hasn't been lower and parents are prepared to be aggressive towards teaching staff. It was bound to translate to students feeling comfortable doing so. Doubtless the criminal, here, will have some form of 'trauma' that provides a handy excuse. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

WFH - you can load your cornflakes with vodka, in your pants, while smoking. Try doing that in front of 11B. I did, they thought I was a legend. Best teacher ever, they said. Sentiments not echoed by the senior management team at the hearing, I sadly add. Why are teaching styles not as valued as diverse learning styles?

Well that's the establishment's woke agenda at play again, as per usual

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Well that's the establishment's woke agenda at play again, as per usual

Forms the first three chapters of my book, 10 Years To Save The Westlife.

• Like 1

Watching the Post Office Inquiry on the 'Beeb' and I am absolutely staggered that a person in a senior position who was right in the middle of this scandal can continually lie through her teeth under oath.

Unfortunately, for all those sub-postmasters/mistresses affected by this atrocious miscarriage of justice Angela Van Den Bogerd this is nothing new as she lied in 2 Court proceedings earlier.

Folk like her should be locked up.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Forms the first three chapters of my book, 10 Years To Save The Westlife.

I'm putting together the notes for the follow ups, Well I MIGHT be Wrong but Really What are the Chances of That? and Who's Laughing Now? (Them).

Happy to ghost-write for free again as this messaging is far more important than petty concerns over remuneration, food etc

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm putting together the notes for the follow ups, Well I MIGHT be Wrong but Really What are the Chances of That? and Who's Laughing Now? (Them).

Happy to ghost-write for free again as this messaging is far more important than petty concerns over remuneration, food etc

My Book title is going to be " i was wrong once, but only because i thought i had done something wrong when in fact i hadn't".

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

They should open a camp site.... :ph34r:

Don’t. 

I opened a strip club in his memory and you wouldn’t believe the grief it caused me. 

Some people live to complain. 

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Don’t. 

I opened a strip club in his memory and you wouldn’t believe the grief it caused me. 

Captain Sir Tom themed treadmill?

" You should buy a Sir Tom, those things are built to last"

Edited by MPH

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Don’t. 

The whingers don’t consider that irs exactly what he wanted. It was his dying wish and if you don’t believe me his daughter assured me it was so