Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

4 hours ago, Wymsey said:

They simply don't understand what it's like to live with a mental health condition, and there's plenty of them.

The saddest irony of all is that they are governing as though they are suffering a collective mental health crisis.

Such a great typo below - I prefer the word 'thick'.

6 hours ago, Daggers said:

Sunak’s statement on mental health - just vile. Ignorant, viscous and vile. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

The saddest irony of all is that they are governing as though they are suffering a collective mental health crisis.

Such a great typo below - I prefer the word 'thick'.

Titbaskets 😂

At this rate, I’ll end up voting for whose polices I least dislike. 

I need to move to a desert island and setup on my own I think. 

4 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Cynical and desperate vote grab strategy. They need a group of people to demonise. The immigration rhetoric failed, so now they're going after the vulnerable. 

There's no such thing as "sick note culture," Sunak, you fvcking amoeba. There is a record high NHS waiting list, crippling housing costs, widespread food poverty, stagnant wages and inadequate benefit rates, a broken social care system and dire mental health services.

Their annihilation can't come soon enough. 

that’s not a vote grab strategy, that’s a vote throw-a-way strategy… I mean, what are they even thinking !?!?

Edited by MPH

45 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

It’s at the point now where I’m not sure if they’re just having a crack.

In the past you’d have to a month or two for the latest targeted group

or gay sex scandal, now it’s every week.

Or on crack?!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Parafox said:

As some of you may have seen, I have posted about my own experiences of MH with regards to my daughter. She will never be capable of working in any meaningful way. 

Sunak's statement INFURIATES me. Whilst I can agree there are some claimants that are scurrilous and work the system however they are a TINY, TINYminority of those claiming support from the state.

Callous, thoughtless, right-wing vote grabbing rhetoric. Ultimately and unnecessarily scaring those who are genuinely unfit to work.

Also, there's no explanation of how the plan will work. There's mention of those "genuinely unable to work". I assume that will be based on an assessment process. That already exists and is not fit for purpose. It's entirely biased in favour of the state and not the patient.

My daughter has had 2 face to face assessments to examine if she was fit to work. Both times the outcome was against her. We went to appeal and both times the decision was overturned and in the first instance the panel were, in their own words, "aghast" at the initial assessment.

I dread to think what could happen if Sunak and the vile party he leads gets elected. Not just for MH but all those that are vulnerable through poverty, personal situations, illness, disability, and so many more. 

There is no plan, it’s all just soundbites aimed at a select group of ignorant arseholes.  Seems to be how politics works these days.  They can say what they like aided by social media algorithms - those they are targeting will see it and be supportive, and those people who get angry were never going to vote for them at the coming election anyway, me included.

• Like 1

On 20/04/2024 at 05:49, Jon the Hat said:

There is no plan, it’s all just soundbites aimed at a select group of ignorant arseholes.  Seems to be how politics works these days.  They can say what they like aided by social media algorithms - those they are targeting will see it and be supportive, and those people who get angry were never going to vote for them at the coming election anyway, me included.

But those soundbites strike fear into those that are vulnerable and in genuine need of support. That's why I said Sunak and his vile party don't care. They have no compassion, no consideration for those in any kind of desperation, lacking in any compassion. That's not to say Starmer will make a big difference but surely there'll be less hatred of the poor and needy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Parafox said:

But those soundbites strike fear into those that are vulnerable and in genuine need of support. That's why I said Sunak and his vile party don't care. They have no compassion, no consideration for those in any kind of desperation, lacking in any compassion. That's not to say Starmer will make a big difference but surely there'll be less hatred of the poor and needy.

Yes I agree, they do matter even when they have little or no intention of putting them in place, or indeed chance of being in power to do so.  It is definitely time for a change of government.  Personally I hope the Conservative party can move back to the centre right.  Looks like the opposite is more likely at the moment.

I hope at least under a Labour government reforms that need to happen in the NHS, social care etc. can start perhaps with a bit more of a shared objective.  

A school in Aberdeen sent parents their annual class pictures but gave them a choice to either have the full class or one without the disabled children. 

Utterly atrocious behaviour. 

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

A school in Aberdeen sent parents their annual class pictures but gave them a choice to either have the full class or one without the disabled children. 

Sometimes I think it's the last acceptable prejudice in Britain

• Like 3

Just now, Zear0 said:

"Travellers"?

Yeah good point.

Also single mums, the unemployed, Eastern Europeans, Transexuals, the Welsh, teachers.

Come to think of it most prejudice is Britain is accepted. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Scotch said:

So unbelievable I looked up the story, and for clarity it was NOT the school, but a school photo company who had taken a number of photos and for some reason chose to offer a choice of 2 for this class, apparently one with the disabled kids in and one without.  What a bizarre thing to do.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

So unbelievable I looked up the story, and for clarity it was NOT the school, but a school photo company who had taken a number of photos and for some reason chose to offer a choice of 2 for this class, apparently one with the disabled kids in and one without.  What a bizarre thing to do.  

understandable in 1824    (Yeah I know) 

unacceptable 1924 

unbelievable in 2024

just shows you how far society still has to go for those ‘at the bottom’ to catch up 

14 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I genuinely don't know who this pleases. 

The people getting backhanders?

It pleases the Rwandan government. They get bags upon bags of easy money for this.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yeah, your absolutely right. It was the photographer/company that made the decision. I did know that and should have been more clear.