Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

News Thread Pt.3 > News Thread Pt.2

IMG_3679.jpeg

I sympathise. I remember many years ago when we were disgruntled about pay, a colleague said in a union meeting "I don't need the money, I just want the fight". 

Some men just want to see the world burn. 

• Haha 1

In answer to Jon The Hat's post in the now shut down forerunner of this lovely thread, Bedfordshire Fire Service have said that the vehicle that started the Luton airport blaze was a diesel, which they seem to have said in response to speculation that it was an EV.

Do EVs catch fire a lot? Cars catching fire is hardly a new thing is it? 

41 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

In answer to Jon The Hat's post in the now shut down forerunner of this lovely thread, Bedfordshire Fire Service have said that the vehicle that started the Luton airport blaze was a diesel, which they seem to have said in response to speculation that it was an EV.

Do EVs catch fire a lot? Cars catching fire is hardly a new thing is it? 

The speed they go up is the problem I think

21 minutes ago, bmt said:

The speed they go up is the problem I think

There can be a chain reaction in a battery fire and also they're potentially difficult to put out.

I've not done a deep data dive but as far as I can tell less likely to catch fire in the first place than an ICE car

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

There can be a chain reaction in a battery fire and also they're potentially difficult to put out.

I've not done a deep data dive but as far as I can tell less likely to catch fire in the first place than an ICE car

In-Car Entertainment Car?

That's like saying PIN number.

I’m a little confused  that talking about The Israeli- Palestinian thread was considered politics.. maybe it was because some people had MADE it political…

it would be super helpful to find out if discussing the  conflict WAS considered political.. or maybe a couple of guidelines on what is considered political would also help

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Thermal runaway I believe it's called.

I know nothing of the likelihood but a friend of mine had an I-Pace that spontaneously combusted and kept re-starting it's own fire for 3 days.

It's becoming a genuine problem for housing providers and landlords with e-bikes, particularly those maladapted ones covered in gaffer tape.