Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

7 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

There were plenty of health scare stories concerning Putin for a while. Best to wait and see.

For Now, Charlie hasn’t invaded  any neighboring countries so I doubt there is a propaganda war out against him.. might be true!

poor fella. Waited all these year for Lizzie to pop her clogs and  doesn’t look like it will be too long before he follows her!

Edited by MPH

11 hours ago, Daggers said:

It’s up there with that Manchester street scene photograph. 

It encapsulates everything about this dead duck government. 

IMG_6319.jpeg

I watched the episode and that still pic is a reaction to the reply by the Tory member on the panel which was so unbelievably stupid, I couldn't comprehend it. 

36 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The fvck is happening in the States?

Y’all gone completely batshit now?

When did we agree that this was acceptible as a society?

Landscape video screen recorded in portrait mode then re-presented in landscape mode again making the the size of a postage stamp.

Shameful.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

When did we agree that this was acceptible as a society?

Landscape video screen recorded in portrait mode then re-presented in landscape mode again making the the size of a postage stamp.

Shameful.

Your point being?

I get what you're trying to mock but fool, if you think this is a thing to be mocked. 

Edited by Parafox

14 hours ago, Daggers said:

No they’ve been batshit for years.  The police are literally all powerful and questioning them publicly will get you arrested.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

No they’ve been batshit for years.  The police are literally all powerful and questioning them publicly will get you arrested.

I read a really interesting post on Reddit (so take with a pinch of salt of course) that said something like the 13 Colonies didn’t originally have a police force, and one only coalesced from militias when there was a need to protect private property. So the concept of the police force as a public service was never really a thing, and in fact the origin of their police was exclusively to protect wealth and property.

EDIT: I should add - property including slaves, “protecting them” meaning suppressing slave uprisings and capturing escapees.

Edited by Bryn

8 hours ago, Bryn said:

I read a really interesting post on Reddit (so take with a pinch of salt of course) that said something like the 13 Colonies didn’t originally have a police force, and one only coalesced from militias when there was a need to protect private property. So the concept of the police force as a public service was never really a thing, and in fact the origin of their police was exclusively to protect wealth and property.

EDIT: I should add - property including slaves, “protecting them” meaning suppressing slave uprisings and capturing escapees.

Many theories on why they are why they are, but certainly the US is a society which varies hugely by state. Atlanta couldn’t be more different to Oregan. Neither have it right imo.

On 26/04/2024 at 14:20, Daggers said:

your post insinuates there was a degree of stability within the thought process to begin with..

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Not sure if necessarily agree with this, to be honest.

The term 'milder' condition for anxiety/depression doesn't feel right for them to say.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/mel-stride-people-james-taylor-pip-rishi-sunak-b2536186.html

Here's a crazy idea, how about not massively underfunded the NHS for 13 years so people can get the help they need so they minimise the length of their sick notes in the first place?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Here's a crazy idea, how about not massively underfunded the NHS for 13 years so people can get the help they need so they minimise the length of their sick notes in the first place?

Have to add that every single political party and leader for the last 40+ years has massively underfunded the NHS...

54 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Commentator on the BBC just now about Humza's resignation:

“He was trying to get on the front foot, and he ended up shooting himself in it”.

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is there a ready made alternative for him in the party ?

his main competitor from last time defected to alba ? 

Big mistake in cutting the coalition deal with the Greens. obviously... But what was he thinking? in what scenerio did he imagine that would be a good idea?

13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Haven't the polls closed quite a bit over the past few weeks? Trump is just as cognitively done as Biden.

i'm aware of trump rambling on, but i haven't seen any evidence of any  cognitive impairment.

Trump is ahead on 6 of the key swing states

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4617401-trump-holds-overall-6-point-lead-in-battleground-states-polling/

i dont see any evidence of the gaps closing..

Edited by MPH