Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Watching the Post Office Inquiry on the 'Beeb' and I am absolutely staggered that a person in a senior position who was right in the middle of this scandal can continually lie through her teeth under oath.

Unfortunately, for all those sub-postmasters/mistresses affected by this atrocious miscarriage of justice Angela Van Den Bogerd this is nothing new as she lied in 2 Court proceedings earlier.

Folk like her should be locked up.

For someone who is obviously very clever she has a very poor memory.

17 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

For someone who is obviously very clever she has a very poor memory.

Personally, I don't think she is clever. Like most who have gone before her in this Inquiry she has been deliberately obstructive and prepared to lie under oath.

The attitude that pervaded the hierarchy within the Post Office, and probably still does, was that SPMs are all criminals and it was never a fault with what has turned out to be a discredited IT system.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The SCOTUS Trump immunity hearing now on CNN is an interesting listen although Trump’s attorney sounds like a fvckin Dalek 

Foreman: The decision of the jury is guilty, your honour.

Trump's Attorney: EXTERMINATE!!!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Probably a good bit of knowledge to have when voting that Rwanda is a safe country you'd think. Or not

The audience reaction and the Wes Streeting side eye are Labour election campaign posters already I'd suggest. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

That bloke has some highlight reel, this isn't his first time of being utterly embarrassed on TV. He either doesn't care that people laugh at his constant stupidity or he's so far up his own backside he's oblivious. Sadly it's the latter. It's a close run thing between him and Laura Trott for dimmest Tory who gets a decent chunk of airtime, but I think he just snatches the award. 

Edited by Zear0

30 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

That bloke has some highlight reel, this isn't his first time of being utterly embarrassed on TV. He either doesn't care that people laugh at his constant stupidity or he's so far up his own backside he's oblivious. Sadly it's the latter. It's a close run thing between him and Laura Trott for dimmest Tory who gets a decent chunk of airtime, but I think he just snatches the award. 

Politicians are so petrified of saying the wrong thing that they’re over thinking stuff and not really concentrating on the question. That’s one of the reasons why they don’t answer the question (there are other more weighty ones) - they probably couldn’t tell you what the question was!

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Politicians are so petrified of saying the wrong thing that they’re over thinking stuff and not really concentrating on the question. That’s one of the reasons why they don’t answer the question (there are other more weighty ones) - they probably couldn’t tell you what the question was!

You're giving Philps too much credit. He's thick but he ambitious. He's the Tory whipping boy, they send him out to defend the indefensible or to talk about really controversial stuff, because they know he'll do it as he thinks any exposure is good exposure,  and they know probably say something stupid which is what the headline will be about, rather than whatever disgusting thing they are currently up to.

• Like 1

That makes me wonder if he's just being sent on as a sitting duck.

I'm not sure anyone could defend this that well but surely anyone going on now should have done some research.

4 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Blimey.  He didn't meet Liz Truss did he?

30 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

I like Charles. I think if he'd come to the throne twenty years ago he could've been quite a transformative head of state.

William will be awful.

1 hour ago, ramboacdc said:

There were plenty of health scare stories concerning Putin for a while. Best to wait and see.