Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Deathlist 2024

Sad to hear about Steve Harley.

Loved Cockney Rebel back in the 70s. Even saw Harley in action at a festival as recently as 2019, when he was on great form, looking much younger than his age. Cancer, I gather....

"Make me smile" was his/their biggest hit and a great song, but my favourite is this one....

.....and here's the Wedding Present cover of "Make me smile", which Harley himself said was the best of multiple covers as it captured the underlying anger (the song was about the members of the first Cockney Rebel leaving the band - bet they were pissed off when his song about them leaving became the band's biggest money-spinning hit. :yesyes:).

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Sad to hear about Steve Harley.

Loved Cockney Rebel back in the 70s. Even saw Harley in action at a festival as recently as 2019, when he was on great form, looking much younger than his age. Cancer, I gather....

"Make me smile" was his/their biggest hit and a great song, but my favourite is this one....

.....and here's the Wedding Present cover of "Make me smile", which Harley himself said was the best of multiple covers as it captured the underlying anger (the song was about the members of the first Cockney Rebel leaving the band - bet they were pissed off when his song about them leaving became the band's biggest money-spinning hit. :yesyes:).

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Captain Eric Moody

He and his flight crew demònstrated outstanding airmanship when all four engines on their 747 stopped whilst at 37000 feet.

He came out with the quite incredible understatement when informing the passengers of the problem.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.’

• Like 1

18 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

George Gilbey former Gogglebox star dies aged 40 after accident at his work.

Poor  Mum had only just lost her husband in recent times too.

Forest and Liverpool star of the 70s Larry Lloyd died.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/28/larry-lloyd-former-nottingham-forest-and-liverpool-defender-dies-aged-75

Edited by Super_horns

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Chance Perdomo has died in a motorbike accident

Was in Gen V the spinoff of The Boys

A big loss this. Was a fantastic character in gen v and had a big career ahead of him. 27 far too young. RIP

RIP to one of my favourite comedic actors Joe Flaherty, who passed away yesterday at age 82.

Best known for the sketch comedy show SCTV here in Canada. Which also featured John Candy, Catherine O'Hara, Martin Short, Eugene Levy and Rick Moranis.

For many he was know as the heckling fan in Happy Gilmore. "Jackass!"

For me he'll always be Harold Weir, the dad from Freaks and Geeks.